betterlovedoll.com

Is it possible to allow photographs to be saved in a draft?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Is it possible to allow photographs to be saved in a draft?

Post by OlmanOz »

I know this may not be the correct place to ask this question but I guess it's a good a place as any. Is there any possibility of changing the system to allow photographs to be saved in the draft? Honestly it is a pain in the arse having to continually reload photographs while I am working on upcoming episodes of my posts.
Even if you could only save up to 5 pictures would be better than nothing.
Thanks Oz. ..
Last edited by Tsall on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split from topic "Gifs not playing!"
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
"Jessica's Big Droid". viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942
But only if you dare risk your sanity..?

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Is it possible to allow photographs to be saved in a dra

Post by Tsall »

Hi OlmanOz, sadly no.
This is a limitation of the forum software, not a setting we could adjust.

But a draft saves every link or external image. You can upload your images to the Dollalbum and link to them.

I will have a look for alternative solutions. Maybe there are other options.
How long to you work on your upcoming episodes? 24 hours or longer?
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Oz

The best advice I could give on this is to use an offsite image host like Flickr or similar.

That way you can create all your posts beforehand on a text document using the image links with the Image or around them. Then just copy and paste the whole thing into the post. It gives you a chance to rework anything you are not happy with or rephrase things.
I create a lot of my image heavy posts this way using links from the Doll Album in Hanna's case.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

Thanks guys.. Sometimes my posts take only an hour or so to complete, other times longer, mostly about two hours sometimes three.. (you can blame all the Private messaging while I'm online for that).. :roll:

But that's not including sourcing and editing background shots, setting up the shot, adding props, dressing the figures, taking the pics, loading them into computer, and editing.. *sigh*.. :roll: (why do I torture myself).. lol.. not to mention surfing Ebay..!

And I don't normally post my story when I complete the draft, I space them out a bit to give me a break and keep the story plodding along. plus I like to re-edit them and adjust the dialog a bit if I feel it needs it. Currently I have two ready to go..

Sometimes I copy my pics and load a 600x600 copy into the draft just so it is quicker, Then repost the full size later when I'm ready to post. But if write the post over two or three days i like to keep reloading the pics as I like to see how it looks when viewed by readers.. because the pictures don't always match the dialog I have in my head.. :roll:

Also a good habit I have developed is to save my draft into an email too, sometimes I go back to "Manage drafts" and for some reason my draft has disappeared... :shakefist: (probably my own fault).. :whistle: Or sometimes i change it then decide i like the original better.. :roll:

In case you didn't know my story is just made up as I go, of course I have the basic ideas way way ahead of time and adjust the stories depending on readers comments and props/dolls that I find along the way.. :thumbs_up:

I did not think you would be able to change the draft format, pity.. :(
As far as using offline sights it would be just as easy to switch to my own saved files.. But all is good, thanks for responding.. :thumbs_up:

Also while we are on the subject for anyone who is interested, when I complete my post the first thing I do is open a word document, copy and paste the address link for that episode and copy all the back end stuff into the document so i can see how i construct the post.. [you will often see my (recap) of the story line and the link so PPl can refresh their memories..]
Then I copy the entire post as viewers see it and paste that into the document.. I save them all in files chapters etc.. this way i can find and recall any part of the story I choose at a moments notice without having to use TDF's search engine and sift through hundreds of results.. I also keep a separate word document with all the characters names and the color reference for their dialog eg Han=(0040BF) so it stays consistent.. It'sell worth the effort.. :thumbs_up:

cheers Oz :glou:
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
"Jessica's Big Droid". viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942
But only if you dare risk your sanity..?

INFORMATIONS