betterlovedoll.com

Bing

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
bobo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Bing

Post by bobo »

Whats up with the search engine Bing ? If I search for the doll forum it wont bring it up . It finds the doll community but not us .. Now if I search for yahoo with bing then search yahoo were at the top of the list . Ive told a few people about our forum and if they to searched with Bing it didnt show us .... Curious !!!

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Bing

Post by Tsall »

Moved to the help forum.
Can you please provide some example search terms?
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I had this exact same problem a few years ago and it was the reason that I began using Chrome exclusively. I never could figure out what the issue was as Bing absolutely refused to bring up The Doll Forum even when I specifically typed "The Doll Forum" into the search bar. :?
I don't think it was the result of some sort of "safe search" being engaged as my Bing searches would bring up everything else doll related.
And as bobo said, it would bring up the Doll Community every time. In fact, Bing would even display sites that would mention The Doll Forum.
But as for The Doll Forum itself? No luck. I couldn't make it appear no matter what I tried. :bad-words:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

Yes - I've noticed the same problem with the search engine "DuckDuckGo" (which I was persuaded to use on account of its not collecting personal data etc etc). Our Doll Community, The Doll Harem, Coverdoll and UKLDF came up on the first page - but no sign of TDF.

The search term I used was "thedollforum". Using "The Doll Forum" produced even less of relevance, though there were some indirect references to TDF in the search results.

The other thing I've noticed is that most other frequently used sites generate a quick link on the search page (under the search box) so I don't even have to bother with creating my own bookmark. TDF doesn't do this, even though it's my most visited site. This applies even when I use Google. I'm not sure whether those quick links are created by Windows 10, the browser (Mozilla) or the search engine?
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Beca's Instagram album | YD155 JinSan#44 | Sold 2015 - sent to Coventry
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

INFORMATIONS