betterlovedoll.com

Login and Password Issues

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Login and Password Issues

Post by Latexman »

I guess it's new and all, but it took me a while to find the inflateables forum. Judging by the number of recent posts (none), I think this area will see a sharp decline in posts, at least in the short term. I hope people do find them, but at first glance, this is a Realdoll site only. I understand, as most traffic is for the Realldolls and the other silicone dolls, but I'm a little worried.

Hope things pick up.
It's just my opinion, but the page is a little too wide, so you have to keep shifting back and forth, I'm used to just scrolling up and down for info. I just have to get used to it.
Also I noticed that with the old forum, I could log in and capital letters didn't matter. Now I have to capitalize my first letter of my name as well as the letters in my password. :?

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi,

Where were you looking for the forum?

Regarding logging in, your username is NOT case sensitive. I was just able to login using ISHTARIA and had no problem whatsoever.

Also, regarding page widths, try a different theme. There a a bunch of them and they all scale differently.

Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

Hi. I was first caught up with the color pix of dolls, and then I went with "Forum Posts". It took me a bit of wandering to find forums. That's just me, wandering around and not paying attention. Like the others, I suspect they are hard wired to the old page and will take a while to get up to speed on the new page.

I did have to capitalize my name and password though. It could be my computer though, it is an older model with a mangled version of Windows 98.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi Latexman,

It really should not matter what browser or operating system you are using. All you computer does is pass the value over to the forum software. After that, the forum software does the work of finding your account.

Are you sure that you did not typo it when you entered it, and just didn't typo it when you entered it the last time? Remember that space characters count, and having an accidental space at the end of your username will cause your login to fail.

Ish

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

Hi. I logged off for a while and re-tried it. I did "latexman" and my password with lower case and got an error mesage. I then re-typed "Latexman" and my password with capital letters. It worked.
I'll logg off and try caps just for the password, then just for my name and let you know how it went.

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

Ok, here's what I found:

"latexman" with no caps for my password=Login Incorrect
"Latexman" with Caps for my password= OK
"Latexman" with no caps for my password=Login Incorrect
"latexman" with Caps for my password=OK

So it's my password. On the old forum I could just use lower case for both, but here I have to remember to use caps for the password.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi,

Just go to "Your Account" and then select "My Info" and then change your password to the same thing but in lower case. Then select the "Save" option at the bottom of the page.

That will fix it :)

Ish

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

Thanx! That cleared it up.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Latexman,

Could you please go to this thread? You've given me an idea:
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... pic&t=2630

Ish

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

Looks good! I'm just a pessimist by nature, as it looks like things are picking up.
Hey what's the "Doll Handbook?" the new doll Faq?
Site is really cool, I love the galleries.
Great work! :D

INFORMATIONS