betterlovedoll.com

Welcome to the Help Forum

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
LonelyDude

Re: Welcome to the Help Forum

Post by LonelyDude »

Seattle Slew wrote:Welcome to TDF LonelyDude.
LonelyDude wrote:I assume new members cant send PM?
Correct. After 5 approved posts, new member restrictions are lifted, so now you can send a PM. :thumbs_up: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 21#p865521

Thank you. I sent some PM but they are in the outbox and not the sent box. Is there something that needs to be done to send the messages?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”..Hunter Thompson

Post by 42716 »

Hello, I'm trying to add photos to a post, but they're displaying sideways on the post preview. The photos were originally taken with the camera turned lengthwise, but I rotated them in Windows Photo Editor before trying to upload them here, so the orientation should be fixed, but it isn't showing up that way. How can I rectify this? Thank you.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

42716 wrote:Hello, I'm trying to add photos to a post, but they're displaying sideways on the post preview. The photos were originally taken with the camera turned lengthwise, but I rotated them in Windows Photo Editor before trying to upload them here, so the orientation should be fixed, but it isn't showing up that way. How can I rectify this? Thank you.
I've had this happen before. Try opening your picture in paint and use the "save as" function to overwrite it. This usually fixes the orientation issue for me.

Just saving doesn't fix it, you need to overwrite it.

Post by 42716 »

ZannyDanger wrote:I've had this happen before. Try opening your picture in paint and use the "save as" function to overwrite it. This usually fixes the orientation issue for me.

Just saving doesn't fix it, you need to overwrite it.
Thanks for the input. I figured I'd have to do something the sort, but I thought I'd ask in case there was a rotate button/prompt on the site that I was unaware of.

In the case of overwriting an image, I find that it works better to open the image in Power Point and overlay an invisible square on top of the picture (insert shape, then change the outline and fill options to "no fill"), select both items, and choose "save as picture", then change the format to JPEG. This has given me more consistent results with overwriting incorrect orientations, maxed-out colour alterations, etc. that were embedded in the original image's data; when I just save the image alone as a new file, I find that the problems carry over on certain sites and in certain programs. I'm not trying to tell you your method is wrong; I just wanted to provide an alternative to anyone else reading this who hasn't had the save as-in-paint technique work consistently for them.

roost 940
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by roost 940 »

Hello, I am still new here so cant post pictures yet, but was wondering if there is a way to have a administrator or someone check 1 or 2 of my dolls before I can post. I read one about the riley so I know it's a no go but I have 2 other 100cm dolls that to me look in their late teens early 20s. especially one in particular as I will be looking to sell her. Anyways, My apologies if this has been answered else where. It seems like I may have seen a post about it when I first joined but cant seem to find it now..

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum roost 940; I've messaged you.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

roost 940
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by roost 940 »

Dali wrote:Welcome to the forum roost 940; I've messaged you
Thank you sir. I've got all my replies in I believe. I will message you here shortly.

AI_Pimp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AI_Pimp »

Hello Mods of TDF:

I would like to please change my screen name. How do we get this process started?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

AI_Pimp wrote:Hello Mods of TDF:

I would like to please change my screen name. How do we get this process started?
You can always contact an admin or manager via PM and we can assist.

Dollypeg2018
Active Poster
Active Poster

How to delete posts

Post by Dollypeg2018 »

How do i delete my posts ?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: How to delete posts

Post by Slew »

Dollypeg2018 wrote:How do i delete my posts ?
You may delete your own posts within 24 hours of posting, and only if no one has replied.

But if there's a good reason we can remove posts for you. You can contact a staff member to assist with this.

moodflow

Post by moodflow »

Hello TDF-ers,

Advance apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, - feel free to direct me to another area of the forum if that's the case.

Just curious if there's a way for a member to silence select topics so that they no longer show up for him/her in the Unread Posts list, even as new posts are added to those?
The forum has gotten quite large and the number of topics keeps growing, making it difficult to comb through 8-10 pages of the topic list on a daily basis just to locate those one might actually be interested in.
When a member is positively uninterested in certain topics, seeing those pop back in day after day (in many cases, hour after hour) is rather annoying as it clutters up the list and basically you have to keep looking for a needle in the haystack.

It would be really helpful if users were able to just "mute" topics they identify as perpetually irrelevant to them, with the effect of never seeing those again in the Unread Posts.
At the same time, any newly created topics would still have to pop up in the list as usual, since their relevance would have yet to be determined by the user.
Thoughts?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

moodflow wrote: It would be really helpful if users were able to just "mute" topics they identify as perpetually irrelevant to them, with the effect of never seeing those again in the Unread Posts.
At the same time, any newly created topics would still have to pop up in the list as usual, since their relevance would have yet to be determined by the user.
Thanks, it's a great suggestion and similar suggestions have been made before. I totally agree, this would be a really helpful feature.

Unfortunately we don't currently have such a feature, but we can certainly look for an option like this when we look at new forum software upgrades in the future.

iLuvDolls1974

Post by iLuvDolls1974 »

Please help me figure out how to post pics

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi iLuvDolls1974,
Welcome to TDF! Have a look at our FAQ section. Lots of good information there.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=132298

INFORMATIONS