betterlovedoll.com

Adding Pics to posts

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
darkmatter

Adding Pics to posts

Post by darkmatter »

(Sorry about the moves...still learing, "forum" etiquette :roll: )

Hello all,
I was hoping to find help on the subject of adding pictures to a post. I didn't realize I was going to have trouble doing this. :oops: I can see the, "Img" button. I just don't know what to do after that. :?

Anyone's help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Darkmatter

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Re: Adding Pics to posts

Post by Ricardo »

darkmatter wrote:(Sorry about the moves...still learing, "forum" etiquette :roll: )

Hello all,
I was hoping to find help on the subject of adding pictures to a post. I didn't realize I was going to have trouble doing this. :oops: I can see the, "Img" button. I just don't know what to do after that. :?

Thanks
Darkmatter
Hi Dark,

In order to add a photo to a post, depending on where it is originally posted, you must find the URL for the photo and insert that information within the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. (This opens and closes the command to display the image). If it's posted on a website, under most circumstances you can right click the photo, go to PROPERTIES, and COPY the URL (highlight and copy the URL information). Then you will place (PASTE) that URL string between the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. If it's something you wish to post that isn't already on a website, you'd need to create your own member gallery (see MAIN MENU on most pages of the Forum) and upload the photo to your gallery. Then display the photo, right click to PROPERTIES, copy the URL information, and add it to your posting!

Don't that sound simple enough? (If it doesn't, let me know, I'll try to break it down better for you, ok?)

8) 'cardo
I know what boys like
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

darkmatter

Post by darkmatter »

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the GREAT explaination! I will give this new information a shot! If I blow it again, I'll really be hanging my head low! :P

Thanks again, that was really helpful!

Darkmattter

BTW, I like that abbreviation...Dark! :)

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

My pleasure, Dark!

I really do hope the info was helpful and that you're successful in your photo posting(s)!

Ciao for now,

8) 'cardo
I know what boys like

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Guys,

Can anybody give me any help with my order for a realdoll?
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Thanks Guys,

I've worked out how to make an avatar.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Who's calling me a "Lurker" above my Avatar??!! :?: :?: :!: :!: 8O 8O

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hey, there, George66!

Welcome to the Doll Forum! (Didn't know this was going to be the _Self_ Help Forum!)

In the space of three posts, you've learned quite a bit! Good for you! (see what a little exploration will get ya? :D ) And that's why there's a title of "lurker" under your name. Those are generated by the doll forum, depending on how many posts you've made - and no, I don't know, off the top of my head, how many posts you'll need to get to "basic poster". :wink: One of those things you'll find out as you go along.

What appears when you click a smiley in your posts as you're writing them are the text characters the system will recognize as "put _this_ graphic _here_". You could simply type the same characters & get the same results.

Leia's going to be a pretty lass! When you pick her up, be sure to drop us all a note (long & detailed is just fine! :wink: ) about the experience and your impressions of the Abyss plant! (Put it in the Realdoll forum, though!)

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Paleonaturist,

That's a bit of a mouthful for a name. I had to check back three times to check on how to spell it correctly ! :!: :!: :P (What does "razz" mean?).

Jackrabbit is sending me Private Messages about communicating the details of my Doll, which are a bit complicated, but I'm getting there - slowly. :)

How do I register my details for my profile. I don't remember having done it yet.

I'll be giving details about my visit to the USA and my visit to Abyss as well in the Dolls Forum to see if anybody would like me to drop in to see them for a chat on my way, and to give me some advice of what to see and where to go in my Hertz Ford Tourist with SatNav.

Best Wishes,

George. 8)

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hi, George66!

You must've done _some_ details, because you have an avatar. In the areas marked "Profile" or "Your Account" there are other data feilds you can fill in, such as your Yahoo! Instant Messenger handle, or your location. Remember to only fill in the ones you really want (or at least don't mind) people to know!

The details Jackrabbit's looking for are different - they're about Leia. The Dollpipe and Matrix help Forum members to decide on which features they'd like best on their own dolls, and also aid in understanding the process of having a doll created for them by Abyss. (As in: "How long should it take from the time my doll is poured before she reaches my bed?) Handy stuff - and a fun way to help pass the time until Leia comes home with you. (Does she ride in a crate, or in the passenger seat of your Hertz Ford Tourist? 8O :wink: )

~B.

BTW - "Razz" is when you stick out your tounge and make a rude noise, sometimes called a "razzberry". Usually goes along with a friendly wink, or a "Nyaahh, nyaahh!"

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Paleonaturist wrote:Hi, George66!

You must've done _some_ details, because you have an avatar. In the areas marked "Profile" or "Your Account" there are other data feilds you can fill in, such as your Yahoo! Instant Messenger handle, or your location. Remember to only fill in the ones you really want (or at least don't mind) people to know!

The details Jackrabbit's looking for are different - they're about Leia. The Dollpipe and Matrix help Forum members to decide on which features they'd like best on their own dolls, and also aid in understanding the process of having a doll created for them by Abyss. (As in: "How long should it take from the time my doll is poured before she reaches my bed?) Handy stuff - and a fun way to help pass the time until Leia comes home with you. (Does she ride in a crate, or in the passenger seat of your Hertz Ford Tourist? 8O :wink: )

~B.

BTW - "Razz" is when you stick out your tounge and make a rude noise, sometimes called a "razzberry". Usually goes along with a friendly wink, or a "Nyaahh, nyaahh!"
Hi Pal,

I've updated the profile. Something must have gone wrong first time, because half the stuff didn't appear.

The crate situation is quite sensitive and critical, but it doesn't belong in this forum does it?

I guess it belongs in Realdoll, so I'll transfer over to there.

George 8) 8)
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Adding Pics to posts

Post by George66 »

Ricardo wrote:
darkmatter wrote:(Sorry about the moves...still learing, "forum" etiquette :roll: )

Hello all,

Thanks
Darkmatter
Hi Dark,

In order to add a photo to a post, depending on where it is originally posted, you must find the URL for the photo and insert that information within the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. (This opens and closes the command to display the image). If it's posted on a website, under most circumstances you can right click the photo, go to PROPERTIES, and COPY the URL (highlight and copy the URL information). Then you will place (PASTE) that URL string between the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. If it's something you wish to post that isn't already on a website, you'd need to create your own member gallery (see MAIN MENU on most pages of the Forum) and upload the photo to your gallery. Then display the photo, right click to PROPERTIES, copy the URL information, and add it to your posting!

Don't that sound simple enough? (If it doesn't, let me know, I'll try to break it down better for you, ok?)

8) 'cardo
I know what boys like
Hi Ric,

I'm trying to follow your instructions.

I think I've uploaded the photo to my gallery, now I'm going to try the next bit.

I'll be able to click on Properties, but I don't know about copying the URL info and adding it to my posting.

How does one copy?

OK. I'll have a go.

It didn't work. When I clicked on PROPERTIES, I just got

ALBUM UPDATE.

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

George,

In order to add a photo to a post, depending on where it is originally posted, you must find the URL for the photo.

Insert that information within the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. (This opens and closes the command to display the image).

If it's posted on a website, under most circumstances you can right click the photo, go to PROPERTIES, and COPY the URL (highlight and copy the URL information).

To highlight the URL information, place your mouse pointer over the first character in the string, and left click and HOLD the left button down while you drag the pointer over the URL text.

To copy the information after you've dragged your mouse over it and it's highlighted, release the left button, and right click and choose COPY.

Then you will place (PASTE) that URL string between the "Img" and "/Img" boxes. To do this in your post, click the "Img" button once, then right-click and choose PASTE. Then click the "/Img" button and that closes the display command.

If it's something you wish to post that isn't already on a website, you'd need to create your own member gallery (see MAIN MENU on most pages of the Forum) and upload the photo to your gallery.

Then display the photo, right click the pointer over the photo and select PROPERTIES, copy the URL information, and add (paste) it to your posting!

After you've finished typing your post, you can go to the bottom of the posting window and select PREVIEW to ensure that the information you've entered is correct! If not you can go back and correct the information first, then preview again until it's right, then click on SUBMIT.

Hope that helps! Let me know!

8) 'cardo
I know what boys like

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Ricardo wrote:George,

Then display the photo, right click the pointer over the photo and select PROPERTIES, copy the URL information, and add (paste) it to your posting!
OK.

http://www.dollforum.com/modules/copper ... _Case1.jpg

There's still no picture in PREVIEW.

I'll have to try SUBMIT.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Ric,

I guess I did something wrong.

But I guess I'm nearly there.

Or am I?

What did I do wrong?

George. :? :? :?

INFORMATIONS