betterlovedoll.com

Dollforum back in the air as before?!? Something was wrong..

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Dollforum back in the air as before?!? Something was wrong..

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Today I got some strange SQL errors when using the Dollforum, the
forum was'nt usable.
Maybe due too some new scripts?
I had a PM from Inkling who had the same.
First adress I saw in the memberlist was Bill, and through the fact
nothing could be done with the forum at that moment *posting and
reading thread was impossible* and through the fact Ishtaria has *had?*
PM disabled due to the overflow of PM mail... I decided to mail him about wat was going on. For the reason that this was such a severe bug.
If this was wrong or if anybody feels disapointed/passed by throug this,
then excuse me I didn't know wat to do else in this situation.
I see that everything is repaired now and works fine 8) .
Great work! Ish?!?

With Best Regards,

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi mytime,

It was just a corrupted tarbe record.

Everything is fine now. :)

It figures that something would break when I was away from the net for an extended period of time. :roll:

Thanks,
Ish

Twit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Twit »

Everything is fine now. :)

Ish[/quote]

Hi Ish,

I'm afraid everything is definitely NOT fine now.

I've been totally fucked.

When I got the "Can't recognize User Name" message or whatever it was, during the breakdown, I thought it meant that I had to change my User Name as "George66" in my Profile Info for "george.parker183", as per my email address and, as a result ended up totally locked out.

I couldn't even come back in as a New User. Although the clever :twisted: fucking DATABASE couldn't recognise "George66" it rejected my registration because it COULD recognise my email address.

Now I've got a Registration as "George.parker183", on my main email address, (george.parker183@btopenworld)which I CAN'T get into, and a Registration as "George66" on my second email adress (George888@BTopenworld.com) which I CAN'T use to create AN ALBUM in MY GALLERY.

How do we get round this????????

George.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hello George,

What did you do? 8O

Why can't you login to your original account? (the one you change the username on) What happened when you try to login. What screen comes up or what happens that it does not work?

Ish

Twit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Twit »

Hi Ish,
What did you do? 8O
I did what I said I did - changed my User name in my Profile.
Why can't you login to your original account? (the one you change the username on)?
It doesn't recognise me.
What happened when you try to login.
At present I'm coming in as "George66" on my new Registration on my new email-address.

I couldn't and can't come in as "george.parker183" on my old email address, because the system just sees me as a New User.
What screen comes up or what happens that it does not work?
When I tried to re-Register using my old email address, it just said: "ERROR: This email address in already listed" or something.

When I try to "CREATE AN ALBUM" using my new User-name, it says something about: "You have no Album."

I'll log-off now and try to log-on to my old account using the link that you gave me in my original Acknowledgement email, and tell you what happens.

George.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

George,
George66 wrote:It doesn't recognise me.
Everything else is meaningless, this is what we need to focus on and fix.

I've just shortened "george.parker183" to "georgeparker". Try logging in as "georgeparker" (change it after you login).

If that doesn't work then you somehow changed your password when you did the update. You can reset that using the "LostPassword" option.

Ish

Twit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Twit »

I got a window with a heading that said:

"New User Activation Error."

and under that came another two lines:

"There is no user in the database with this information."

and under that

"You can register a new user from here"

And when I clicked onto it it showed me my details from my NEW email address, depite my having clicked on the link in Outlook Express sent to my old one.

When I now go into Members Gallery and try to Create an Album I get a Window saying "ALBUM MANAGER"

and then when I click on "Upload a picture"

I get a window that says: "ERROR"

and in the box where my picture should come it says:

"Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload pictures."

I guess that the only thing you can do is delete all traces of my original account, so that I can start again.

I can't see any way that you can repair it.

It looks as if the breakdown caused the system to fail to deal with my change of Username properly and has corrupted the account, and that corrupted account it adversely affecting my new one.

I can easily replace what's lost.

George.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

George,

Time out. I ONLY want to talk about what happens when you try to login.
George66 wrote:I got a window with a heading that said:

"New User Activation Error."
Outlook Express??? What the fuck are you doing with Outlook Express to login???? :evil:

Are you trying to login using the link in the original email that you received? I don't understand how you are getting "New User Activation Error" from the login screen.

George, you are talking to someone who detests doing user support. I don't mean to sound sharp, but if you don't follow exactly what I tell you (and stop putting your own spin on it) there is nothing that I can do to help you. Now, STAY AWAY FROM YOUR EMAIL PROGRAM!!!

OK, I was just able to login to your old account using the username "georgeparker."

Do the following:

1) Logout of your NEW account

2) Go to the login screen (DON'T do anything extra)

3) Login as "georgeparker" with the password "password"

4) Immediately change your password.

5) I don't want to discuss anything else other than your logining in. :)

Once you have gotten into your old account, you will need to then go to your NEW account and change your username to something else. SO that you can change your OLD username back. (Your NEW name and OLD name can not match, so your NEW name needs to be changed.)

Ish

Twit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Twit »

Hi Ish,
Ishtaria wrote:George,

Time out. I ONLY want to talk about what happens when you try to login.
OK.
OK, I was just able to login to your old account using the username "georgeparker."

I thought it was george.parker :?
Do the following:
OK.
1) Logout of your NEW account
OK. I think I can do that, although I've never done it before. I've got to click on a "logout" box on the top right of the hompage haven't I?
2) Go to the login screen (DON'T do anything extra)
OK. I think I've done this before although the last time I did it, it didn't work. There are some "Login" fields on the top right of the homepage aren't there?
3) Login as "georgeparker" with the password "password"
OK. I'll try that. I think I used "george.parker" before. P'raps that was where I went wrong.
4) Immediately change your password.
OK. That's security protocol is it? I think I know how to do that.
Once you have gotten into your old account, you will need to then go to your NEW account
OK. How do I get into my NEW account? Do I have to log out of my old account first, and then log into it as I logged into my old account, previously using my username and password from your "New User Account Activation" email, or not?
and change your username to something else.
Would it be easier if I changed my username on my NEW account first, because I'm already in it, whilst I'm reading your post and replying to it, aren't I?
SO that you can change your OLD username back.
and then I can login to my old account and change the username there back to "George66" from "georgeparker".

What do you think?

I'd better wait for your advice before I start, because once I get started I could lock myself out altogether again, if I do something wrong, as I did before?

To change my username on my NEW account I would have to go into "Account" and "Info" and just type in a new username wouldn't I? Or would I? That was what I did before on my old account, that caused all the trouble :?

Many thanks for your help.

George.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi George,
Twit wrote:To change my username on my NEW account I would have to go into "Account" and "Info" and just type in a new username wouldn't I? Or would I? That was what I did before on my old account, that caused all the trouble
That is why I want you to first confirm that you are able to get into your old account. The idea is to not burn your bridges before establishing that the others work. ;^)

There are several places where you can login and out. The upper right hand block is a handy place to do it. You can also do this by clicking on the "Your Account" option in the main menu, and then using the screens there to do both.

1) Logout of NEW account

2) Login to OLD account

3) Change password of OLD account

4) Logout of OLD account

5) Login to OLD account (to verify that password change worked)

6) Logout of OLD account

7) Login to NEW account

8) Change NEW username to something else

9) Logout of NEW account

10) Login to OLD account

11) Change username of OLD account to original username that you use

12) Logout of OLD account (To verify OLD account)

13) Login to OLD account (To verify OLD account)

14) Done

Good luck,
Ish

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Ish,

Thanks for the help.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi George,

See, it wasn't as bad as you thought. :lol:

Glad everything is back to normal for you. :)

Ish

INFORMATIONS