betterlovedoll.com

Slow responses.

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Slow responses.

Post by George66 »

Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with slow responses. Anyone know why?
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Traditional Theme does not look as good, but has less graphics. Maybe a lighter (less graphics) theme would help. BTW, same thing happens to me, too. No matter what web site I'm visiting. It sucks.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

soon2be

Making this site better

Post by soon2be »

Inkling wrote:Traditional Theme does not look as good, but has less graphics. Maybe a lighter (less graphics) theme would help. BTW, same thing happens to me, too. No matter what web site I'm visiting. It sucks.
I found that you simply must go to your settings page and select original/bandwidth saving settings to get a normal interface that fits in an 800x600 space, etc. I like the simple interface best. Cheers!
"Quick tempered queen knows what she wants -
and what I got is what its not" - Devo.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

OK, I'll try that.
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Inkling wrote:Traditional Theme does not look as good, but has less graphics. Maybe a lighter (less graphics) theme would help. BTW, same thing happens to me, too. No matter what web site I'm visiting. It sucks.
OK, I've gone over to Traditional Theme.

Things a speeding up a bit, but I'm not sure yet how much.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Making this site better

Post by George66 »

Soon2BeDivorced wrote:
I found that you simply must go to your settings page and select original/bandwidth saving settings to get a normal interface that fits in an 800x600 space, etc. I like the simple interface best. Cheers!
Hi 2b,

Where's my "settings page"?

Is the "simple interface" the same as the "Traditional Theme"?

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Soon2BeDivorced wrote: select original/bandwidth saving settings to get a normal interface that fits in an 800x600 space
What OS are you talking about?? I don't have original bandwidth option, but that might not be what you mean. Yes, resolution is 800x600. Are you talking about monitor setup, Display Properties, modem, or BIOS? I'm running Windoze 98 2nd Edition.<br><br><b>George66</b><br>Man, if I were at 60 kbps, I wouldn't be complaining. Yes, it's as you describe. Instant (or as instant as it gets for dial-up at about 48 kbps) for 2 to 5 pages, then like a whole minute for another page.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Inkling wrote:
Man, if I were at 60 kbps, I wouldn't be complaining. Yes, it's as you describe. Instant (or as instant as it gets for dial-up at about 48 kbps) for 2 to 5 pages, then like a whole minute for another page.
Hmmm.... not as much as a minute for me.

I think Trad has speeded me up.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

George66 wrote:When I connected a message came up to say that my "speed" was "560" kbytes or something. Don't know what that means.

The test run screen said that I was downloading at 60kbps, which the engineer said was excellent.
He is right. 560 was probably 56.0. kbps = kilobits per second. I think it would be in bits, not bytes. If this still happens, it's probably a server-cable-network thingy. In other words, a matter of handling everyone on the network.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Inkling wrote:
George66 wrote:When I connected a message came up to say that my "speed" was "560" kbytes or something. Don't know what that means.

The test run screen said that I was downloading at 60kbps, which the engineer said was excellent.
He is right. 560 was probably 56.0. kbps = kilobits per second. I think it would be in bits, not bytes. If this still happens, it's probably a server-cable-network thingy. In other words, a matter of handling everyone on the network.
Actually, to be precise, when I connect it says: "Speed 576kbps" which is 72KB/sec isn't it?

and when I do a speed test it says that I'm downloading at 60KB/sec, and in fact downloads a 12MB file in about 200secs.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi George 66

I have a 512 KB/s connection (ADSL) that is really fast.
There are faster connections but they are more expensive
But even I have choosen a simpler theme (*nukenews*) to let it
run a bit faster.
It takes about 5 seconds on my machine to open a new item/thread in
a forum.
I'am using win 98 SE / IE 5.0 and a firewall *norton personal firewall*.

Mytime
One dream, one mission...

INFORMATIONS