betterlovedoll.com

POP-UP MESSAGE!!??

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

POP-UP MESSAGE!!??

Post by George66 »

I just had a message from "Janita" pop-up saying that s/he is looking for a boy in England and that his photo is on his/er website "janita.biz".

Is that a Dollforum thing or what?
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Ashen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ashen »

Wish I would of found a nice pop-up killer in the past, now adays I'm just so use to em I don't even notice them, I quickly close them before they even had a chance to load full.

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi George,

The only popup that is generated by the DollForum is the one used to alert a member that they have a private message. That can optionally be turned off in your profile.

Popup are evil. And I blame the browser manufacturers for not providing the mechanism to turn them off. It would be a simple matter of disabling some internal calls in the Javascript interrupter. If IE and Netscape and the others allowed us the option of turning that language "feature" off, we would not have popups. :twisted:

I can't recommend any software, and I'll leave that up to someone else to suggest. I just want you to know that the Doll Forum does not use popups except in a specific, non-advertising, and user controlled manner.

Ish

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Ishtaria wrote:Hi George,

The only popup that is generated by the DollForum is the one used to alert a member that they have a private message. That can optionally be turned off in your profile.

Popup are evil. And I blame the browser manufacturers for not providing the mechanism to turn them off. It would be a simple matter of disabling some internal calls in the Javascript interrupter. If IE and Netscape and the others allowed us the option of turning that language "feature" off, we would not have popups. :twisted:

I can't recommend any software, and I'll leave that up to someone else to suggest. I just want you to know that the Doll Forum does not use popups except in a specific, non-advertising, and user controlled manner.

Ish
OK.

XP recommended I go to some web-site or other like "byebyads.com" and another pop-up recommends "endads.com".
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Dr. J

anti virus

Post by Dr. J »

I use AVG antivirus software version 6.0 . Is is free and quite effective.
http://www.grisoft.com. They also have paid software which i think is version 7.0. The free one does auto updates etc.

INFORMATIONS