betterlovedoll.com

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
soon2be

Post by soon2be »

One great thing about this BBS software and the way Our wonderful Sysop (these terms show my age) is when you visit this web site, you see the most recent messages at the top. Any way to move this from (I think 10) to 20 most recent posts?
"Quick tempered queen knows what she wants -
and what I got is what its not" - Devo.

Doctor_Zaius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: New posts - increase from 10?

Post by Doctor_Zaius »

Soon2BeDivorced wrote: Any way to move this from (I think 10) to 20 most recent posts?
I'd like to second that motion if I may. As the forum grows and traffic increases the last ten will represent a smaller and smaller update.

EyesGreyGreen

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

I concur. And why not make the list even longer? The best solution would be to make it a user setting, so that every user can define for him/herself how long the list should be - within certain limits, of course.

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

Great idea, Soon2B.

While we're making up a wish list, it sure would be nice if there was a tiny column added that said which Forum the message is in. I don't know how most users view the Home page, but I scan the recent messages, then scroll down the Forum listings to see if the message of interest is even in a Forum that I'm interested in.

Just a thought :wink:

--Slate

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hey, guys!

I don't know if there's an easy (or even a _hard_) way to increase the list of newest posts on the homepage above ten. (You _can_ do it with News items, those big banners below the new posts, with the bombs on 'em)

You could try what I do. When I arrive at the Doll Forum, I immediately click on "Forums" over on the left. (It's up above, as well, in the default theme) From there, over at the top right of the page, you'll find "Posts since my last visit", or something to that effect... Clicking _that_ gets you every topic that's been posted in since you left last time, on every forum you're registered to see, (Including User Groups) in chronological order, from bottom to top. Off to the right of each topic, you'll see which forum it's in, so you can skip the ones you don't think will be fun.

It _does_ mean an extra click or two each visit, but for me, the method works well. :wink:

~B.

INFORMATIONS