betterlovedoll.com

Posting pictures or mp3 files?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
soon2be

Posting pictures or mp3 files?

Post by soon2be »

I've seen others post pictures and mp3 files in messages here - any way to do this with small files - without hosting on another server?
"Quick tempered queen knows what she wants -
and what I got is what its not" - Devo.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Hi, Soon2be!

Any images or MP3 files you've seen around here have been in the form of hotlinks to files hosted on another site. BBCode for hosting an image would look sorta like this: [img]<Put%20Image's%20URL%20here>[/img] , only without the spaces & brackets. That tells the software where to find the image you want to display. If you hover over one of Ishtaria or Jackrabbit's MP3s, the line at the bottom of your browser should show the host site's URL, but you'll have to ask one of them how that's done... I've no experience with MP3s. :oops:

A number of folks use the member galleries for image hosting. I've been leery of doing it myself, due to bandwidth and storage concerns. Ish has said that shouldn't become an issue, but....... :roll:

~B.

INFORMATIONS