betterlovedoll.com

Searching for answer to "Search" problem

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Doctor_Zaius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Searching for answer to "Search" problem

Post by Doctor_Zaius »

As lame as it sounds I can't always get the Search function to work "properly."

For example, a recent search of "intrinsic" (using all search default settings) failed to return any results, even though I know the word is used in a post by Guy Mar 2nd.

MSIE 6.0, Win2000, yada yada

I must be doing something stupid. Any help appreciated.

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

Hi Dr.Z.

Yep, it did the exact same thing when I tried. I even went to Guy's original message and copied the word (in case there was a special character, or something) and pasted it into the search box. Still no result.

Have you run into this before?

--Slate

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

No, you are not doing anything wrong.

When the forums were moved to the new system the post text was not indexed properly (I have no idea why). And anything earlier than the move doesn't return any results in a keyword search.

I've already found a software utility which will (they claim) re-index everything. The problem is that everyone who has used it says it is V-E-R-Y   S-L-O-W (one the level of maybe 24 hours or more). So I need to schedule some down time to run the re-indexing. 8O

Ish

INFORMATIONS