betterlovedoll.com

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
TheEvolutionaryScientist

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

Post by TheEvolutionaryScientist »

It really annoys me that the new post indicators get cancelled the moment you leave the forum pages. I come back after a few weeks to catch up. Whenever I click away from the forum section (but stay on this site), once I come back the post indicators have been reset :( Now I have to trawl through all the pages seeing if I have read something or not. Can't it be like the old forum? Could you even give it a time delay (incase you have to leave the site). I'm sure the old forum had this aswell. Thanks

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

Hi,

The reason that it get's lost is because when you click on the forum a new session ID is created (that think on your URL like that looks like this "sid=5aba0d562644bc6d079dfa7a173a38b2"). The "last visited" is dependent on your session ID. Get a new session ID and your "last visit" has changed.

I wish I could change this but I can't, and if it makes you feel any better it pisses me off too.

Here is a suggestion: At the index of the forum select the "View posts since last visit" link on the upper right hand corner. After than right click on each link and select "Open in New Window" and be sure to leave the original one with the "View posts since last visit" alone except when opening additional topic from it.

Ish

TheEvolutionaryScientist

Post by TheEvolutionaryScientist »

ah well

INFORMATIONS