betterlovedoll.com

Edit comments to reviews.

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Edit comments to reviews.

Post by George66 »

How do I edit my comment to Mike's Review of Realdolls?

I've left a word out!!
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

HD
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by HD »

Look at the upper right hand corner of your post, there's an Edit button right next to the Quote option.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

He is not talking about a regular post...<br>PM me with correction, and I'll take care of it. Thanks.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Inkling wrote:He is not talking about a regular post...
True.
<br>PM me with correction, and I'll take care of it. Thanks.<br><br>
I'll look forward to that.
Okay, so now everyone can please repeat after me:<br>Oh, so thaaaat's why he wants to go over them first. Now I know why honoring requests is more semi-automatic than automatic.<br> :)
Can someone please explain to me what Ink's talkin' abaht??
Have box! Did travel! Sexual bliss with EMMA a Realdoll Goddess from ABYSS CREATIONS with Lite Body 2 FaceX 4, Guy's Eyes & Eye-brows, Matt's full-set of teeth, Flexon fingers, Neck-bolt and Back-bolt is the ultimate religious sacrament.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Actually, I think it's mostly a Site Manager Forum referance. I wouldn't worry about it.<br>It's just that the question has come up - I think 3 times - about automaticallyhonoring all requests, while I'm given to review all requests first.<br>Like, if I get a request for a web link, I go to that site, making sure it's an active/good/recent link, and so I can write a description on what one might find at that site.<br><br>If I'd been reviewing product reviews, I might have seen an inaccuracy before it was submitted.<br><br>Like I said, I wouldn't worry about it.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Well, I've learned something today.<br>Every time I go to do something as Admin that I've not done before, I assume it's more involved than what it is. I will handle things in a more timely manner in the future. From now on, I'll assume it's fast and simple instead of involved (because it's easy).<br><br>Not knowing why George wanted to change another person's review and not knowing why this could be an emergancy, having received no PM, not knowing what was wanted, and having read the review, I made the following change:<br>"though" was changed to "thought". I hope this was all you wanted.<br><br>After typing above, I edited my first response (what is he talking about) because it was kind of dumb.<br>This gave me opportunity to reread original request. "I've left a word out". Does this mean George is also Mike Kelly?? What word did you leave out? - and I'll make the change. I only saw one typo.<br>I've had e-mail problems today, but have never received a PM on this. My turn to be confused...<br><br>Oh, and in answer to question: How do I edit reviews? You probably can't without Admin or Moderator login/access. Also, such access does not necessarily mean you have access to everything and can do everything. In other words, one Admin only has access to do/change things that pertain to the job of that particular Admin or Assist. Admin.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Ink,

Thanks for all the time you're taking in trying to answer my query .. I THINK that's what you're trying to do, isn't it?

But you don't seem to be getting very far. :)
Inkling wrote:Well, I've learned something today.<br>Every time I go to do something as Admin that I've not done before, I assume it's more involved than what it is.
Paranoia?
I will handle things in a more timely manner in the future.
Cool! 8)
From now on, I'll assume it's fast and simple instead of involved (because it's easy).
Hmmm .. bit of a convoluted sentence, that, and probably not true in the light of what I'm going to say next.
Not knowing why George wanted to change another person's review
He doesn't. He wants to change the comment he made about Mike's review of Realdoll Abyss Creations, in the "New Product Reviews" section. What I've done now is written another one in Block Capitals. All you need to do now is DELETE the one which is written in lower-case lettering. I hope that makes is easier for you :! :! :)
and not knowing why this could be an emergancy,
It's not an emergency. It's a request for info about how to do things on the DF site, with which this Forum is designed to deal !! :)
having received no PM,
A PM would be inappropriate, because the idea of this Forum is to publicize people's queries so that others can learn from them !! :)
not knowing what was wanted,
I wanted to know how to edit the comment I made on Mike's review, as my origninal message said.
and having read the review,
But you shouldn't be reading the review should you? You should be reading the comment I made, which is displayed underneath it, with my name attached to it !! :)
I made the following change ..
Whoops :!: Mike's not going to be very happy about that is he? !! ... but I'm cool 8) :)
"though" was changed to "thought". I hope this was all you wanted.
Well it wasn't what I wanted, but if you've corrected a spelling mistake then all credit to YOU :!
After typing above, I edited my first response
Thanks for letting us in on that.
(what is he talking about)
What is who talking about?
because it was kind of dumb.
What was kind of dumb and how?
This gave me opportunity to reread original request.
But did you read it properly?
"I've left a word out".
No, actually that's only half of it. What it actually says is: "I've left a word out of my comment on Mike's review of Realdolls", doesn't it?
Does this mean George is also Mike Kelly??
Well I guess not. Mike wrote the review and I wrote the comment .. two different things written by two different people :!: :)
What word did you leave out?
I personally, myself, left out the word "get" between the word "You" and the number "10".
- and I'll make the change.
OK. Make the change to my comment, and delete the one in lower-case lettering !! :)
I only saw one typo.
Well good for you to have found any!! :) :)
I've had e-mail problems today,
Sorry to hear that. What went wrong?
but have never received a PM on this.
Well now you know why.
My turn to be confused...
So now you're confused no longer.
Oh, and in answer to question: How do I edit reviews?
Well nobody's asked that question, but thanks for the answer anyway, and I would now be very grateful if you could answer my question:

How DO you edit comments :!: :) :)

But I guess the answer's going to be the same, isn't it, so that's cool 8) ..

and I guess you're not paranoid, because doing things as Admin is just as involved as you assumed it was, and so your fears were justified :!: :!: :)

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

<i>George</i> is in <b>Bold</b><br>.<b>Paranoia?</b><br>Inexperience. - and Admin is separate login for me.<br><b>He doesn't. He wants to change the comment he made about Mike's review</b><br> :oops: :oops: All my fault. I didn't read it right.<br><b>Whoops :!: Mike's not going to be very happy about that is he?</b><br>Since it was a typo that I fixed, I don't think he'll mind.<br><b>What is who talking about?</b><br>I posted something, you asked What is he talking about. I deleted what you were refering to. Without mentioning the edit, the reader might get more confused than we - especially I - have been.<br><b>But did you read it properly?</b><br>Uh, No. :oops: <br><b> Make the change to my comment, and delete the one in lower-case lettering !! :)</b><br>okay...<br>mumble... mumble...<br>Uh, not to make things more complicated, but if I make the change, why not keep the lower-case comment, so it won't look like you are YELLING??<br><b>So now you're confused no longer.</b><br> :oops: right...<br><b>How DO you edit comments :!: :) :)</b><br>I've not done it yet - but I'm about to find out!<br> :oops: mumble... mumble...<br><br><i>Done!</i><br>I saw no immediate way of editing a Comment to a Review (<-- he's reading it right!). I've never submitted a Comment to a Review before.<br>Best advice I can give is to submit duplicate comment in <i>small</i> letters, and ask that the <i>First</i> Comment be deleted.<br> :oops: mumble...

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Review Edit

Post by Inkling »

BTW, the following change was made to the Review of RealDolls:<br>For a brief instant, I though I was going to have<br>This was changed to:<br>For a brief instant, I thought I was going to have...

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Hi Ink,

OK, I'll go with that.

No it's not making things more complicated.

Not for me anyway.

It's all as clear as day to me.

Dump the CAPS!! and keep the lower-case, modified.

I'll just repeat that for clarity ... MOD - I - FIED !! .. ie. stick the "get" in!!

Gettit?? Yeah, you've gottit!!

Well done,

Many thanks,

George.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

For others who might run into same thing, I could have been more clear. Use text editor program (Notepad, or whatever) to copy/paste comment. Start new comment. Copy/paste. The comments get thrown in order received. Ask Assist. Admin, Admin, or Moderator to delete <i>first</i> comment.

George66
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by George66 »

Ink,

I don't know how to say this .... but ....

I asked you to follow your own good advice and modify the lower-case comment,

and delete the Upper-case,

... but ... er ... um ...

Guess what ??

George.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Reason: I deleted the one with the word left out. I'll go check again. If it's not right, then <i>I'll</i> copy/paste, resubmit in your name, and delete the other one.<br><i>Checked again.</i><br><b>George typed:<br>I personally, myself, left out the word "get" between the word "You" and the number "10". </b><br>Small letters had word omitted. Capital letters included word. Comment is now as follows:<br>Realdoll - Abyss Creations<br>Posted by George66 on 2003-07-23 07:55:33<br>OK MIKE, YOU GET 10 OUT OF 10 FOR YOUR GOOD TASTE IN CHOOSING A REALDOLL, .. BUT YOU''RE NO AUTHOR!! DON''T GIVE UP THE DAY JOB!! :)

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

This took too long and was too involved. It was my fault, and I appologize. I try to handle about 50 posts and e-mail messages in about 1.5 to 2 hours while listening to talk radio. I will try not to let something this stupid happen again.

INFORMATIONS