betterlovedoll.com

Chatroom access.

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

Just to bring this back to someone's attention. Would someone kindly reply to my two questions above? I think they got missed in the greater discussion.

Thanks!
AdultDVDTalk is being sued by trolls. It could happen here, too. Please #KeepTalkAlive

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

jayo215 wrote:Two questions:

1. What is SAFE MODE? I looked through various helps but I didn't see that defined.

2. What are the guidelines on what can go on in there? The other night I was on with several people and I was heading from PG-13 to NC-17 with one of the femmes. What is the guideline on content, if it's not obvious that you're ruining a simultaneous conversation?
Hi Jayo.

Sorry, I haven't figured out SAFE MODE either, maybe someone else knows.

I think anything goes in there. I assume users will leave when it starts going beyond what they can stomach. You might want to open a new room when you are having a personal discussion, I think you can make it a private room so others don't barge in on you.

Maybe you and I can test some of this stuff when we're both on and have time.

Thanks,
--Slate
[i][b]Inflatables...[/b]learn them, love them, live them![/i]

Doctor_Zaius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Doctor_Zaius »

I was on the chat last nite; tried "safe mode." That's why I was typing so slow; was difficult to type with those condoms on my fingers.

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

jackrabbit wrote:Yeah, I'll just have to give up on chat. The mac works for most everything else...
Hi Jackrabbit.

I was just on chat tonight with the Mac for about two hours!

I don't know if it has anything to do with the "tweaking" you did on the module, or if it was because I checked the "Safe Mode" box when I logged in. I tried it without "Safe Mode" and it did not work.

The only problem I have now is, when there is a lot of conversation, every time the screen refreshes it goes all the way back up to the start of the thread. After a while it becomes so slow that you have to log off and then log back in to clear the thread. This might be because I'm using a relatively slow G3.

Let me know if you want to test it sometime.

Thanks,
--Slate
[i][b]Inflatables...[/b]learn them, love them, live them![/i]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

The thing is, I never did do any tweaking. I looked at a bunch of settings, but never saw anything that looked pertinent to the problem, so I didn't actually change anything.

That "safe mode", whatever that is, sounds like it may be a key factor though. I'll have to try that and see what happens. I did notice that there is a flag to make that the default. Perhaps the chatroom on the other site, the one running the same version of the software that I could access, had the flag set so that safe mode was on even if you didn't check the box.

Sounds like something to try.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Nah, didn't work for me. Set the "safe mode" flag and got the same thing, just a black screen with nothing but the logo.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

INFORMATIONS