betterlovedoll.com

How do you make a signature, and edit your avatar?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
MyDollisMyLife
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

How do you make a signature, and edit your avatar?

Post by MyDollisMyLife »

Just stumbled upon this wonderful website, and Im wondering how I can upload pictures of my doll and change my signature. I feel like it would help me to connect with more of the posters on here.
I've been with my doll for 4 months, and I've never found a website like this one. All the posters seem nice, and the mods do a GREAT job keeping out the trolls and harmful messages. :D Thanks for the help in advance, guys!

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: How do you make a signature, and edit your avatar?

Post by Paleonaturist »

Howdy, MDML!

Up in the lefthand corner, just below where it says "The Doll Forum", you should see a link called "User Control Panel" - click there and explore!

Be sure to read the announcements threads that show up in there, and have a ball.

Welcome aboard!

(And . . . I think there may be a better place for this thread than the Candy18 forum... Perhaps a moderator will move it so that you get the eyes you really want on it!)

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Paleonaturist wrote:I think there may be a better place for this thread than the Candy18 forum... Perhaps a moderator will move it so that you get the eyes you really want on it!

~B.
I took the liberty and moved it to the Help Forum. :wink:

For an avatar, find a pic that you like, save it to your computer, then crop it and resize it 120 x 120 pixels or smaller. Then, on the User Control Panel, go to "Profile" and select "Edit Avatar". From there you can upload the pic from your computer.

Likewise, you can go to "Edit Signature" and type in whatever you want it to say. Once you create an account in the Doll Album, you can upload your pics and there and link them here, as well as create a link to your album in your sig. The simplest way is to copy the address, highlight it, and select "URL", though it's also possible to embed the link into a word or phrase, or even a photo.

You can also upload pics directly into a post from your computer the same as for the avatar pic. Click "Choose file", find the photo you want on your computer and select it, and then click "Add the file". You may have to resize it for it to fit, as pics tend to be too large straight from the camera; I usually resize mine to 1014 x 1352 pixels. If you don't have pic-resizing software, there's a free resizer available here. That worked quite well for me 'til I got my iMac with the resizing software built in....

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

CHLEA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CHLEA »

NotMyName wrote:
Paleonaturist wrote:I think there may be a better place for this thread than the Candy18 forum... Perhaps a moderator will move it so that you get the eyes you really want on it!

~B.
I took the liberty and moved it to the Help Forum. :wink:

For an avatar, find a pic that you like, save it to your computer, then crop it and resize it 120 x 120 pixels or smaller. Then, on the User Control Panel, go to "Profile" and select "Edit Avatar". From there you can upload the pic from your computer.

Likewise, you can go to "Edit Signature" and type in whatever you want it to say. Once you create an account in the Doll Album, you can upload your pics and there and link them here, as well as create a link to your album in your sig. The simplest way is to copy the address, highlight it, and select "URL", though it's also possible to embed the link into a word or phrase, or even a photo.

You can also upload pics directly into a post from your computer the same as for the avatar pic. Click "Choose file", find the photo you want on your computer and select it, and then click "Add the file". You may have to resize it for it to fit, as pics tend to be too large straight from the camera; I usually resize mine to 1014 x 1352 pixels. If you don't have pic-resizing software, there's a free resizer available here. That worked quite well for me 'til I got my iMac with the resizing software built in....
Hi there

Am also new to this forum, but for me its not possibel to change the picture.
When i look at the site it said: The avatar functionality is currently disabled

Regards
Stefan

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Well, Chlea, I've just approved your fifth post, so now you indeed can create your avatar & signature. :mrgreen:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

CHLEA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CHLEA »

NotMyName wrote:Well, Chlea, I've just approved your fifth post, so now you indeed can create your avatar & signature. :mrgreen:
Hello sir

Thanks' a lot.

Regards
Stefan
Best regards
Chlea & Stefen

jennyroger2010
Doll
Doll

Post by jennyroger2010 »

Thank you, NotMyName. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

hugs
jennyroger

Antoniojcc
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Antoniojcc »

I hope to edit too. This is my fifth post.

INFORMATIONS