betterlovedoll.com

Macintosh Frustration

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Macintosh Frustration

Post by Slate »

Hi All.

In addition to the Chat Room not working with a Macintosh, has anyone else been frustrated by how hard it is to compose posts and mail.

I run a PC during the day and Mac at night. When composing a post on the PC, using BBCode is a breeze. Just highlight the word or sentence that you want to apply an attribute to, like bold or italic, click the icon and presto, done. :D

With the Mac it doesn't matter what you highlight, or where you place the cursor, when you click an attribute icon (or smilie) it sticks the code behind the last text character at the bottom of your text. Then you have to cut and paste it where you want it, and go through the whole routine again for the closing command. :cry:

It's a real drag, anyone have any idea what's going on, or have the same problem? The Mac is a G3 running System 9.1 and Explorer 5.x.

Thanks,
--Slate
[i][b]Inflatables...[/b]learn them, love them, live them![/i]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

I didn't even know about the highlighting gag. I've just been hitting the buttons and watching the stuff go down to the bottom, old and new forum, pc and mac.

However, now that I have tried it, it seems to work for me. For instance, when I highlighted this text and clicked on the B, it did make it bold.

Thanks for letting me know about that. :D

The problem I have when editing is that sometimes a solid blue box covers up part of the editing area. It appears to happen only on one theme, though, and not every time.

This is on a Dual 1.4 PowerPC G4, Cinema HD Display, OSX 10.2.6, Mozilla 1.3.1 (don't use billy browsers unless there's no choice).
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

Hi Jackrabbit.

Well I'm sure glad I could help you out, bud! :cry:

...sorry for the delay, I'm cutting and pasting as fast as I can!

It might be working for you 'cause of Mozilla, or System 10. Mac's used to be soooo internet friendly...oh well.

Thanks,
--Slate

bantam
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bantam »

Does hiighlight & bold work? Yes, that does but if I want to 'go back' and place a smile icon HERE --> , it ends up at the end of the line. 8)

Of course, I'm running a custom-built linux with mozilla, so I'm used to such idiosyncracies :roll:

Slate
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Slate »

bantam wrote:...but if I want to 'go back' and place a smile icon HERE --> , it ends up at the end of the line. 8)
So Bantam...

You're sayin' that I've got to think ahead, do it on the fly, keep things in line, cause goin' back is a drag! :D

Tanks,
--Slate

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

Slate wrote:Mac's used to be soooo internet friendly...oh well.
It's not that macs are not friendly to the internet, but that the internet is not friendly to macs or other non-billy systems. There was a time when the internet was friendly to everything because there was something called "internet standards". Then along came billy, who deliberately did everything in a incompatible way in order to force people to buy his shit and only his shit. And people fell for it. So now there are many sites out there that will work only with the billy browsers.

Good for billy, not so good for the consumer. In most other industries you can choose what product you want to use.
Jack Worthington Rabbit, Esq.

INFORMATIONS