betterlovedoll.com

Size Limits on Photos

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Re: Size Limits on Photos

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

AlexKnight wrote:That'll be a different answer for everyone, personally, I either use Photoshop, or a tool called DCE Autoenhance.

PS: the current max size on picture attachments is 3600 pixels.
Or... if you can't afford Photoshop... The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a wonderful alternative.

Builds for every known Linux distro out there, plus Windows, Mac OS X and maybe some other OS's nobody's ever heard of (Haiku, anyone?) or even cared about (OS/2 Warp).

http://www.gimp.org/ (Site down for now. Verify it here.) But you can find it on CNET Download.com or Sourceforge for now...

Or if you're running a Debian or Ubuntu-based Linux distro,
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp
Thanx to the wonderful people at WebUpd8 for that! :multi:

Or for those on Red Hat or Fedora systems:
sudo yum install gimp
(NOTE: I do not use RPM-based systems. So, YMMV.)

And maybe to show how attachments work... here's one... 1366x768.
2014-03-05-224442_1366x768_scrot.png
2014-03-05-224442_1366x768_scrot.png (83.62 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
Peace.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Is there a possibility that pics in threads could be automatically resized to the window width?
Because currently I'm on a tablet and in some threads the posters post large pics. Which means the pics are wider than my screen and scrolling left and right is necessary to read the text. Which is annoying and frankly makes those threads unreadable imo.

An example is this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

I use Firefox and Windows 8.1
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Erika wrote:Is there a possibility that pics in threads could be automatically resized to the window width?
Because currently I'm on a tablet and in some threads the posters post large pics. Which means the pics are wider than my screen and scrolling left and right is necessary to read the text. Which is annoying and frankly makes those threads unreadable imo.

An example is this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

I use Firefox and Windows 8.1
Do you mean Microsoft Surface? (Possibly the Surface Pro?) Because the Surface Pro is a tablet that is basically an Intel-based PC in a tablet form.

(As far as I know, Mozilla doesn't make a version of Firefox for Windows RT. I could be wrong, tho.)

I use Windows 8.1 on both my phone and my laptop. So... Hate to be an ass, but I know how it is. But really, unless TDF staff would vacillate and make a mobile theme... Really, nothing anyone can do. Sorry.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

No, it's a Lenovo Mix2. So technically not 'just' a tablet but with a add-on keyboard with extra USB-ports.

The resizing problem happens on our laptop too, but since the screen is larger and the resolution also, it's not as much of a problem there. Besides that the laptop is currently back to shop because it crashed.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Erika wrote:No, it's a Lenovo Mix2. So technically not 'just' a tablet but with a add-on keyboard with extra USB-ports.

The resizing problem happens on our laptop too, but since the screen is larger and the resolution also, it's not as much of a problem there. Besides that the laptop is currently back to shop because it crashed.
Ah. Okay. Got it. One of those 2-in-1 laptop thingies.

I just saw the thread you referenced... OMFG... it's very difficult to read!

We do have the img600 bbCode tag... Dunno why some won't bother to use it... :?

Probably it's just something that some people are, they be like, I have a super large monitor, doesn't matter if everyone else don't, who cares?

I do. It's poor design. Poor planning by the person who posted it.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Well, I can understand it if not everyone always thinks of using the img600 tag. Gotta admit that I don't use it as well, but as I said on the first page (several years ago :roll: )
Erika wrote:I'm a good girl and always use the small images from my album Image
But for those who do post large pics, it'd be useful if the forum resized them. I've been on other fora who did just that, so it's possible.

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

BootLoop wrote: I just saw the thread you referenced... OMFG... it's very difficult to read!

Probably it's just something that some people are, they be like, I have a super large monitor, doesn't matter if everyone else don't, who cares?

Interesting is that he is one of the moderators. moderators should think about the usuability of the forum, imo. Or at least set a good example.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Erika wrote:
BootLoop wrote: I just saw the thread you referenced... OMFG... it's very difficult to read!

Interesting is that he is one of the moderators. moderators should think about the usuability of the forum, imo. Or at least set a good example.
I agree. Doesn't matter if you are a moderator, at least be considerate of the users who visit.

My phone, a Nokia Lumia 530, has a 4.5" screen. Little larger than my LG Optimus Net (LG L45C), which had a 2.9" screen, but still...
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I'm sure it is not done because of a lack of consideration, but just a slip of mind. On a large screen it isn't obvious it's causing issues for small screens.

I've edited the tags in the thread linked above.

There are some ways to auto-resize IMG tagged pics, but not all browsers like it, for example, IE has issues with certain CSS commands.

I'm pretty sure this is why the IMG600 tag was created, as changing the way pics are shown causes trouble.
But some members kinda forget that it's there.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

AlexKnight wrote:I'm sure it is not done because of a lack of consideration, but just a slip of mind. On a large screen it isn't obvious it's causing issues for small screens.

I've edited the tags in the thread linked above.

There are some ways to auto-resize IMG tagged pics, but not all browsers like it, for example, IE has issues with certain CSS commands.

I'm pretty sure this is why the IMG600 tag was created, as changing the way pics are shown causes trouble.
But some members kinda forget that it's there.
Ah, it's all good, Alex! Had a brain fart once or twice me old self (I'm nearly 40), so it's understandable. ;)

I have a 15.6" laptop, but sometimes a quick TDF check on my phone just is sufficient enough in a pinch. (I'm on T-Mobile, not TracFone, now, so I can't complain...)
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

INFORMATIONS