betterlovedoll.com

wth is this problem with login in?!!!

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

wth is this problem with login in?!!!

Post by Tiriaq »

Every time I want to login I'm wasting 15 minutes of my time to log in because it does not remember the old password, then I get this stuipd captcha and I answer it 1000000 times correct and it does not work. Then I keep asking new passwords again and again and suddenly it works. REALLY really annoying

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: wth is this problem with login in?!!!

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Tiriaq,
Try to delete your cookies and clear your browser's cache.
If this doesn't solve the problem, please give us a little more details. What browser are you using? What is the exact message you got, etc.

Good luck!

mudpaw
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mudpaw »

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

Nescio50 wrote:Hi Tiriaq,
Try to delete your cookies and clear your browser's cache.
If this doesn't solve the problem, please give us a little more details. What browser are you using? What is the exact message you got, etc.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm using Firefox. I've already tried to turn on/off the add-ons. This login just went automatically but I think if I logged out which last few times it did automatically it was impossible to log back in with the same remembered password.
It just brings me to the Captcha over and over again with none of the answers being right. I spent 15 minutes sometimes just entering the captcha from memory. What seemed to help is that I kept asking for a password and then try again and finally login.

Thnx, not sure where the browsers cache is. I run a CCleaner now and then but then I have to relog etc for all my accounts in the browser and those are a lot.
T.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Using FF, try Options, Privacy, Clear recent history and Clear individual cookies.

Here's a screen print, sorry it's Dutch.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (96.58 KiB) Viewed 3320 times

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

Nescio50 wrote:Using FF, try Options, Privacy, Clear recent history and Clear individual cookies.
That's okay, I am Dutch :) but my browsers and OS are always in English. I don't dare to log out at the moment but I'll click that when I clean or suddenly logout again. Thnx!
(not sure but CCleaner does that stuff as well, I think. I thought you were talking about a specific cache of information)

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

IMHO as a computer engineer, CCleaner is not that great as it sometimes removes too much and causes problems. Especially when it cleans the registry and/or log files.
For example, if it removes the cookie files, but Firefox thinks it still has them, you could get the log-in problems you describe.

I never clean up my PC or optimize it in any way, other than the occasional cache cleanup through Firefox itself, but I only do that when I run a backup, and only because I don't need hundreds of temporary files taking up backup time and space.
And my computer has been running like a charm for years.

In Firefox, the cache is in the advanced part of options, and then the network tab, which has a "Clear Now" button in the "Cached Web Content" part.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

AlexKnight wrote:IMHO as a computer engineer, CCleaner is not that great as it sometimes removes too much and causes problems. Especially when it cleans the registry and/or log files.
For example, if it removes the cookie files, but Firefox thinks it still has them, you could get the log-in problems you describe.

I never clean up my PC or optimize it in any way, other than the occasional cache cleanup through Firefox itself, but I only do that when I run a backup, and only because I don't need hundreds of temporary files taking up backup time and space.
And my computer has been running like a charm for years.

In Firefox, the cache is in the advanced part of options, and then the network tab, which has a "Clear Now" button in the "Cached Web Content" part.

This is true, I'm not a fan of using it. It's merely that after a long period of installing a lot of programs and uninstalling them. I can not find everything in the regedit by hand thus hoping CCleaner does a better job.
I will wait a bit by testing the browsers option for now until I'm more in a mood of resubmitting all passwords again or detect that they will be still remembered and all I have to do is push the 'stay logged in' button.

Thanks for the reply, AlexKnight!

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

Nescio50 wrote:Using FF, try Options, Privacy, Clear recent history and Clear individual cookies.

Untitled-1.jpg

Is that a very old version of FF? Mine looks completely different with a lot of options.
I think I maybe did something wrong with not pusing activation link first and then filling in the password. I think I presumed that the link would fill in the password automatically and I tried to do it manually so I would get the option to remember it.
Maybe it changed in the past the process of getting a new password or I was confused with other sites where I often ask for the password because I've got like 70+ passwords to remember.
(oh and I only got impatient after so many different times of doing it wrong but it took a while before I also pressed the link in between but did not remember that I did that in the process)

Have a nice day!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I've got Firefox 35 installed, and the privacy tab has the same appearance as the screenshot Nescio posted.

In the logs, I can see you have changed the password again today, as well as about a week ago.
Considering you use Firefox, why not let it remember the password for you, so you don't need to remember it, and you can always look it up in the Security tab.

Cookies and such can get confused if the password gets changed often.

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

AlexKnight wrote:I've got Firefox 35 installed, and the privacy tab has the same appearance as the screenshot Nescio posted.

In the logs, I can see you have changed the password again today, as well as about a week ago.
Considering you use Firefox, why not let it remember the password for you, so you don't need to remember it, and you can always look it up in the Security tab.

Cookies and such can get confused if the password gets changed often.

I only let the history be deleted not the passwords, but when I decided today to push that cookies clearing button in FF I had the same message again RED letters that I could not log back in. I had to do what I lately did, ask for password, activate and log in. If I do too many logins I get the captcha and then all hell breaks lose because the captcha never gets the answer no matter how many I'm doing. Sometimes after 10 or 15 minutes trying and trying the answers from memory suddenly I'm logged in. Hence the annoying announcement in the title :\

So it does remember the password but when I try to login with or without remember the login it won't let me in saying wrong password or login.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

If you use the "Can't remember password" link, the forum will generate a new password for you, which is different from the one you used before. If you then try to log in, Firefox will automatically enter the password it has stored in it's password store, which is not the one you received by email, leading to a "wrong password" error.

And if you do that 5 times, then it will take you to the Captcha page.

But even on that page, Firefox will continue to enter the password it knows, which is the wrong password, explaining why you can't log-in, as you continue to use the wrong password.
It's not that the Captcha is wrong, but Firefox enters the wrong password, so it keeps failing.

The only way you can log in, is if you manually replace the password Firefox enters into the password field by the one you received by email.

You then need to let Firefox update it's stored password, otherwise, it'll continue to use the wrong one.

Check out "Options" - "Security" - "Saved Passwords" - search for "dollforum" - "Show Passwords", and check if the password it shows there is the same as the last one you received by email. I'm pretty sure it won't be the same.

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

Nooooo lol how would I be -that- stupid. No I generate a password AFTER I cannot login
besides every other site where I enter the password manually when my login name is already in the field it asks to update and so it does but still it would not log me in

I have to find that what you said password manager or something
I'm staying logged in at the moment but I'll check to re-enter the complete login and password next time idd

Tiriaq
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tiriaq »

I deleted it but somehow it still remember or I must have had maybe 3 remembered passwords. I deleted 1 or 2 of them. I found another entry under dollforum.com that I deleted and only kept the www.dollforum.com

Logged in and out a few times and had no problems. It's because other sites weren't giving me any problems but I should check those options more often when I encounter problems. I usually never need it

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Tiriaq wrote:Nooooo lol how would I be -that- stupid.
You wouldn't believe the things I need to deal with in my daily job... so I try to cover all bases when giving support.

Here are some examples...
- Someone complaining the printer cartridge I sold them didn't work, only to find out they completely ripped off the contact points, then blamed me for not telling them not to remove that.
- A customer coming back to the store with their laptop, saying it no longer worked... the battery was dead... "but you told me it's wireless, you never said I had to use that cable, it isn't wireless at all, I told you I wanted a laptop with wireless" 8O

INFORMATIONS