betterlovedoll.com

Unread posts button doesn't seem to work

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Erika
Doll
Doll

Unread posts button doesn't seem to work

Post by Erika »

Hiya,

In the recent topics list (and in the forums as well) there's always a button to jump to the last unread post of the topic. This one: Image.
Since about a week or so it doesn't work anymore. Clicking that just sends me to the first post of the thread. Even when I just viewed the last post of the thread. Even with threads in which I already have several posts.

Kim is experiencing the same problem. We thought that it might have to do with us logging in on the same computer, that maybe somehow screws up the cookies. BUt funny thing is that until few weeks ago it worked fine, at least uo until the sleepover :oops: . Although with that one we used separate devices. Maybe that screwed it up? But it's still weird, so i thought I'd ask about it.
We didn't do anything with the settings in our browser. At least not that we're aware of.

Funny thing is that on several topics said button doesn't appear. So there it seems it still is working like it should be. For instance: first topic in the Dolls Alive forum where it doesn't appear is this one: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=56598

At this one: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=57201 , the button is still there, even though I just made a post in there. And yeah, I did refresh (several times).
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Erika
Doll
Doll

Re: Unread posts button doesn't seem to work

Post by Erika »

I just posted in Linda's introductary thread, and next to that thread the button doesn't appear anymore :? It seems to work rather erratically.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Erika, I have to admit I never use that button :oops:
I'm afraid I can't help. Maybe Alex knows about this - so wait until he pops up :wink:

As a generic solution, did you already try to delete you TDF related cookies and clear your browser's cache?

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

No, I didn't. Can you do that for separate websites? How do you do that in Firefox? :?

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

Must be device-related though, coz on this one it seems to work fine.
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Erika wrote:No, I didn't. Can you do that for separate websites? How do you do that in Firefox? :?
In FF, go to Options, Privacy, Remove Individual Cookies (if I translated this correctly from the Dutch version: Opties, Privacy, Individuele Cookies Verwijderen).

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

OK. Tnx. I looked over that one. :oops: Even with your directions I had to look twice to find it. :oops:
This seems to work. Tnx. :thumbs_up:

Edit: obviously all topics are set to unread now, so I gotta reread everything 8O :roll:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I also don't use that specific button, so haven't experienced it.
To get all topics read, you can go to the Unread posts page and click "Mark forums read", that'll mark all threads read.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS