betterlovedoll.com

New amendment to Rules Of Conduct

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

New amendment to Rules Of Conduct

Post by rubherkitty »

Concerning open disclosure of private deals or special offers from doll vendors.

Some vendors may offer "specials" to members of TDF, but it may not be something they want publicly discussed.
I know it would be a hard rule to enforce, but it is a issue.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: New amendment to Rules Of Conduct

Post by havefun »

I don't see the need for this. If a vender gives a member a good deal why shouldn't they be able to let others know. The vender may end up selling more.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Because if a vendor offers a break to a regular customer or limited number of new customers, that may be all they are willing to do. I know Beautiful Doll often has specials like" For the first 5 customers".
It just puts the vendors on the spot when they get e-mailed with "You did it for customer X, why not for me".

My concerns have been addresses by a Mod, thanks.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Having a special offer revealed is the risk a company takes when offering such things to a multitude of people, especially if it isn't made clear such a price shouldn't be revealed in public.

If they offer a deal to the first 5 customers, and someone is number 6, it sucks to be number 6, but a business shouldn't feel obliged to offer it to no.6 just because no.5 had the discount. If they do, it's a nice gesture, but that's all it is.

If it had been made clear a price was private, and a member violates that trust, we'll be more than happy to assist in that matter.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

As usual AlexKnight you make your point well. But If buyer number 6 was someone who was motivated to buy solely by the discount offer - then the company still makes out better because they sold a doll they weren't going to sell.

But that doesn't mean the rule isn't needed. It's political. Manufacturers often don't know what's best for them. TDF has to get along with them.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

INFORMATIONS