betterlovedoll.com

Photos loading sideways!

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Re: Photos loading sideways!

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

This is happening to me now! (LG Stylo 3, Android 7.0)

This is a problem with Android. Don't file a bug with Google, they will ignore you.

However, may I suggest a workaround? A bit of Googling led me to this: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2429206. It should read the exif data and have the photo attachment viewable in its correct orientation.

I know some people would just say "use GIMP or Photoshop..." but what if your laptop or desktop is in another room or just editing one picture for a quick upload (admit it, we're not all Stacy Leighs here), and IMHO, sometimes impromptu and candid captures the moment better than posed and laboriously planned. And going through the steps to fix a bug that's been in Android since Ice Cream Sandwich and iOS since who knows when; just to upload a photo taken on the phone.

Less is more. If people want to show a quick photo of their new arrival, it's taken on their phone. And if it's sideways, it's irritating just to make someone jump through more hoops while they're in the moment of the excitement will just discourage them.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thanks Alexa! Interesting read!

I think I’ve just got used to using GIMP now, especially for the portrait shots which seem to always come out sideways if loaded directly! What I tend to do now is look at the whole photoshoot and choose the ones I want to load (sometimes there are far too many to get the right shots) and copy them to a separate folder. You can then use PhotoScape and batch edit them which seems to work as well! However, loading each one into GIMP I can resize the images to set the pixel size to the maximum TDF will allow (3600) as my Nikon D3300 only has a few options for pixel size and the closest is 2492 or more than 3600 where it won’t load! I’ve got so used to doing it this way now it doesn’t take me long to get a post ready!

However, I see your point about spontaneity and trying to use my iPad for photos is still a nightmare! I rarely use my phone for doll shoots but it would be nice to click and load with the iPad! It is weird sometimes though when I read posts on my iPad and everyone is saying she’s upside down and my iPad doesn’t see it that way and has read it as the member intended! If I look at the same photo on my laptop, yeah, it’s upside down or sideways! However, the iPad doesn’t always correct it and I think that may be whether the photo was taken using an Android or a device using iOS like an iPhone or iPad!

Keep us posted about whether you’ve managed to find an easy way of correcting it though!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

AlexaTilbrook wrote:This is a phpBB problem. It needs to be fixed by the admins. Hacks that work with one browser will only upset everyone else.
We are aware that the phpBB system needs to be upgraded. We are looking into this. It's not easy and this needs some good preparation.

INFORMATIONS