betterlovedoll.com

Sales Question: How does the buyer pay me for the doll??

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
dollnomore
Former Member

Sales Question: How does the buyer pay me for the doll??

Post by dollnomore »

Sales Question: How does the buyer pay me for the doll?

I read as many tutorials as i could find, but could not answer this question. I understand the template and photo polices to start my sales ad. I understand the communication process on TDF and the need to confirm a sale. But what about the payment?

I am not a vendor or manufacturer, but a private, newer member that wants to sell one doll. I just cant mail the doll off and hope I receive a payment. Nor could a buyer send money in hopes that I would honestly ship the doll to him.

I see credit cards and paypal mentioned for payment. So what do i do?

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Sales Question: How does the buyer pay me for the doll??

Post by ccrider32759 »

Yes, Paypal is the most common way. You both have to have Paypal accounts, easy to sign up. Buyer transfers money to the seller, seller ships doll. Has to be a certain level of trust. Otherwise you would have to meet in person to do the deal. Buyer has the option through Paypal to use cash loaded to the account, checking acct, or credit card. There is a fee usually with using a credit card, my last transaction was hit for a $20 fee because I used my credit card.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

dollnomore
Former Member

Post by dollnomore »

Thanks for your help. So I can get pay pal and receive the buyers money that way.

Now, as a buyer, if I do this, and receive something I wasnt expecting (i.e. damage to the doll), then does the buyer have any way to complain?

Also, do you know of anywhere on TDF that explains the payment process?

Thanks again!

affenhouse
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by affenhouse »

Yes, I would only pay Paypal for sex dolls so you are always on the right page. Whom is a short call to paypal and your money is back.
There are really many scammers on the market that offer cheap prices and you get a real scrap.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Familiarize yourself with the PayPal Purchase Protection rules for buyers and sellers:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/p ... d-security

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/s ... protection

Please also read and be sure you understand all aspects of the site and its terms of use, if you choose to use it.

Some sellers also allow for local pickup, in which case you could have a cash/check/money order transaction.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I have purchased dolls with a personal check. Of course I placed my trust in the seller in doing so. I was able to negotiate a better price because of too. You could also use a credit card convenience check if your financial institution offers those.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

dollnomore
Former Member

Post by dollnomore »

Hey Guys..

I got a paypal account and reviewed the process. I am assuming that (if I am a seller) I need to give my accurate name to the buyer and my telephone # or email address. I am a little leary of sending that personal info, but I guess it must be done if I want to sell my doll.

Also, I guess the buyer would initiate a "goods and services" payment to me (the seller) with a fee, and not to "friends and family" ?

dollnomore
Former Member

Post by dollnomore »

I am really wondering the answers to my questions above, if anyone has some advice?

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Just exactly how you do it is strictly up to you and between the seller and buyer. Everyone does it differently.

FreeDoll
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by FreeDoll »

I was wondering this too. On a side question... If I was to give a doll away and have someone pay shipping costs. Would I ship the doll first or get the shipping cost first? Any ideas?
Thanks

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

FreeDoll wrote:I was wondering this too. On a side question... If I was to give a doll away and have someone pay shipping costs. Would I ship the doll first or get the shipping cost first? Any ideas?
Thanks
Absolutely get the money first.

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

DTB_723 wrote:Hey Guys..

I got a paypal account and reviewed the process. I am assuming that (if I am a seller) I need to give my accurate name to the buyer and my telephone # or email address. I am a little leary of sending that personal info, but I guess it must be done if I want to sell my doll.

Also, I guess the buyer would initiate a "goods and services" payment to me (the seller) with a fee, and not to "friends and family" ?
You will need to provide proper name and address of the sender on the packet anyway because if something goes wrong with the mailing process (e.g. destination address unknown or receipt of packet refused) then you want your packet to be returned to sender, don't you ? On the other hand the buyer needs to provide proper name and address as well because otherwise you will not be able to send your packet to him. Buyer and seller need to trust each other a bit and if the sale is done buyer and seller will know each others name and address. This is not a problem because you know as much as he knows of you and you both know that the other is a pervert so you both will be quiet about it :)

And yes, the buyer should use "goods and services" instead of "friends and family" because otherwise he will have no protection by PayPal.

I suggest that you sell only to persons that come across as having genuine interest, having the cash, willing to make a deal rather quickly and without much trouble. If the potential buyer comes across as a person you do not want to do business in real life with in face to face transaction, then do not do any online sales with him.

And yes, you send the packet to the buyer after the money reached your PayPal account. The buyer buys, he pays upfront and after he did you deliver. If your potential buyer is not happy with this, then do not do any business with him.

Hagen

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

DTB_723 wrote: I need to give my accurate name to the buyer and my telephone # or email address.
Certainly. You should BOTH exchange this information. You should then do your homework on who you are dealing with. If they are a forum member, how long have they been one ? What is their reputation ? Google their name and address, check on the information they give you. Is the email exchange and communication good ?

Buyer & Seller Beware.

FreeDoll
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by FreeDoll »

siliconelover wrote:
FreeDoll wrote:I was wondering this too. On a side question... If I was to give a doll away and have someone pay shipping costs. Would I ship the doll first or get the shipping cost first? Any ideas?
Thanks
Absolutely get the money first.
Thanks

INFORMATIONS