betterlovedoll.com

New to this. Got my first doll

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
hypnoguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

New to this. Got my first doll

Post by hypnoguy »

So I have been researching and looking, shopping, comparing, and thinking for a while and finally pulled the trigger. I got a 165 cm TPE doll from Lesi Tech in China. I have unpacked her and put her together and she is lovely. Here is my questions: The first may be a bit weird but here we go, how do I keep dog hair from sticking to her? My dog sheds a little and the little hairs stick to her. The second question is more about advice on how to prep her initially. I have read about doing a complete wash then powdering. I have heard to put mineral oil baby oil on her and let it absorb. I have heard just dust her with corn starch. Help me understand what I need to do. Thank you.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: New to this. Got my first doll

Post by optical delusion »

new dolls should be washed several times to get all production chems of. a good powdering once dry will handle the hair sticking problem. otherwise it can be a nightmare as every single bit of dust can accumulate, here is a blog with a beginners guide from one of our members. it has some good reading

https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog/guide

and welcome to tdf :thumbs_up:

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Hey hypnoguy, congrats and welcome!!

For the dog hair i can really recommend crotchless bodystockings for your gal... she'll stay clean a whole lot longer, it feels great to the touch and those pesky dog hairs should be easier to get off her this way! :D My girls all wear them almost all the time!

:glou:

ZD

Mitchy
Doll
Doll

Post by Mitchy »

Zanny nailed it! Darn ol bear hairs are a pain, so nylons n powder and clothes help a lot. No animals in the bedroom, he leaves his coat outside the bedroom. :wink: Oh, and wrestling a lil tiger into the body stocking is an adventure in itself. :D
Bears naughty but nice kitten

hypnoguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hypnoguy »

Thank you guys. That's a big help. I am going to read the blog now. Whan I am approved I will post a pic.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

no worries. enjoy the honey moon :thumbs_up:

hypnoguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hypnoguy »

I wish I would have seen that blog before I bought her. I may have re-thought the size. She is pretty heavy and difficult to maneuver but I will figure it out and find ways to adjust. Will heated blankets cause a problem?

Just trying to find a way of keeping her a bit warm for those cold nights.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

hypnoguy wrote: Will heated blankets cause a problem?
Just trying to find a way of keeping her a bit warm for those cold nights.
I wouldn't use too high of a heat setting. It would be better to use a lower setting for a longer time period than a higher setting for a short period. Think low and slow.
Also, I wouldn't put the heated blanket directly on the doll as the wires could get hot enough to damage the tpe material. So I would put a sheet between the doll and the heated blanket. Even then, I would keep check on her to ensure that she isn't getting too hot. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mitchy
Doll
Doll

Post by Mitchy »

Lots of folks do heated blankets. I hear they say buy a good one, don't go cheapo, they can be dangerous. Me n my sisters are lucky, we have a heated Bear, hes as warm as a furnace, and cuddely too!
Bears naughty but nice kitten

normanmc

Post by normanmc »

Just got my 100cm Riley doll and was looking for some help. I;ve researched thousands of wig stands for styling hair. They just don't have anything for an 18" circumference head. Any ideas.

FreeDoll
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by FreeDoll »

I got a nice electric blanket, but be warned, it takes quite a while to heat up the TPE. I double wrap the doll and leave the blanket on for a few hours.
Hope this helps

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

normanmc wrote:Just got my 100cm Riley doll and was looking for some help. I;ve researched thousands of wig stands for styling hair. They just don't have anything for an 18" circumference head. Any ideas.
Hi Nomanmc,

I recently stumbled on a youtube video about making wigs smaller... it will probably help you out! It is also quite easy to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsiy0DpHeo
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

hypnoguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hypnoguy »

Thanks. I am actually trying to sell her off now. She is too large for my place and it just isn't working out the way I had hoped.

INFORMATIONS