sanhuiofficial.com

Elwyn has suffered a grave injury :(

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Elwyn has suffered a grave injury :(

Post by Jimbofod »

Hi All,

Elwyn recently suffered a broken back, so I have not been doing usual daily check-ins here. It has really bummed me out. I'm pretty sure it's at the joint in her torso that allows her to bend and twist there. I was actually in the middle of taking some photos of her in a school outfit I had pieced together last weekend. She was standing, and then I wanted her to sit, so I laid her on her back first to properly push her legs up. When i did that, I heard a pop, and her body went limp! I moved her to a safer surface and then check what was going on. I also removed her head at this point for safety and to prevent her feeling pain from her body. The joint is deep inside the torso, so there is no way to feel what was going on there, even though she is pretty small. It has completely separated, because I can pull up at the shoulders and actually stretch her torso slightly. There is no support at all there now, so I have her body in a safe spot until I take the next steps. I was able to Skype with Sanhui the same night, and they are checking with their mechanics about what to do. I'm sure the next step will be to cut into the side along the seam to get a view of what is happening inside. I hope it will be something I can handle to fix her. I don't know how to weld or anything like that. If she has a skeleton similar to the picture that was shared about the new ball joint skeleton (she is supposed to be a 2018 and does have ball joints), it didn't look like something that would be easy to repair with new parts because it was very unibody-looking, but hopefully I am wrong. Maybe it just popped out of place? Not sure if that's possible without something actually breaking off. I've left Sanhui alone for some days now, so I will bug them about it again soon. By the way, I got Ellie second hand (third actually). Therefore, they are not obligated to help me, but they are anyway. Kudos to them! It scares me that this can even happen with the new upgraded skeleton because my previous Sanhui has the old one and lots of loose joints. I have been considering ordering a larger doll from them, so this raises concerns for me about that. But Sanhui do really provide great support and do the right thing. Maybe they will learn from this as well and further bolster the joint durability. Mostly right now, I want to have Ellie back to normal. I'll update more when anything changes. For now, it's "first, do no harm."

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Elwyn has suffered a grave injury :(

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Any images or video may help us to help you Jim.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Here are a couple of videos showing her movement. I have an idea, but I don't know exactly where the joint would be (in terms of how high or low up on her torso). I tried squeezing all around the outside but don't really feel anything. It's well insulated in there. It doesn't feel like foam is used in the torso but just a thick continuous layer of silicone, so an exploratory incision would have to be pretty deep. Referring to the ball joint skeleton post about that (copied here), her vaginal cavity goes up to about where her belly button is, which should be the innermost part of the U-shaped part that makes her hip/pelvis. Right above that should be where the joint would be. connecting to the upper back. I was hoping Sanhui had knowledge or maybe even a diagram to show just where would be optimal to avoid opening up more than necessary, especially since the cuts will need to be pretty deep.
Attachments
6BDD778B-8580-4B4D-A243-3F7C27A37BC5 (1).jpg
6BDD778B-8580-4B4D-A243-3F7C27A37BC5 (1).jpg (59.32 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
20180721_191149.mp4
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 5324 times
20180721_191257.mp4
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 5323 times

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

I'm so sorry for you and Elwyn :cry:
A broken back isn't fun. I don't really have advice for your situation but I really hope something can be done.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Super :-(

Really - the ONLY reason I don't have a Sanhui is because of the continued stories about their skeleton.

Doll quality - its not just skin deep.

What did the manufacture say? Are the getting back to you? Maybe its possible to do some major surgery.

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Perhaps a stupid suggestion but, do you have a hand held metal scanner ? ou thermal imaging ?

Can give an idea of what is deep inside.

I've try with ma cat s60 phone flir cam on Tomoe and works pretty well ;)

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Thanks, everyone. We both appreciate it.

When I was on Skype with Sanhui, I described what the injury actually was, and then I shared with them the same videos before they actually understood clearly. They said they would consult their mechanics and get back to me with a working plan for surgery, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I'm half tempted to do an exploratory cut to go ahead and look. I would think that would be necessary to understand what is needed inside. Unfortunately I don't have any cool FLIR cam, but I'm also uncertain if it would work on this doll. She's significantly bigger than an 80 cm JM elf, and like I said her body is pretty nearly solid silicone from what I could feel. Zax, maybe you can test it for me on your elfie? If you could make an image of the skeleton in side the body, that would be really helpful and also just very cool to see. I don't think you'll be able to though, except maybe the hand or foot. It's actually good the body silicone is so thick because that is what is holding her together right now, and thankfully there are no puncture wounds from anything sticking outward.

Manny, I totally get your concern. This is pretty much my second Sanhui heartbreak. I was hopeful and well enough convinced about the new Sanhui skeleton to pick up this elfie opportunistically, but with this happening I honestly don't know for sure how I feel about it now. In almost every other way I could recommend Sanhui dolls. Really though, I should emphasize that even though I haven't done anything crazy stressful to her back joint, I really don't know for sure what happened with her previous owners. Maybe it's a situation where, like buying a used car, you just don't know for sure the history and what you might be in for. Even with that though, the back is really central to the whole structure and should be one of the strongest parts. Would this be less likely to happen with larger dolls just because of bigger, stronger parts? It's hard to say. At first I wondered if possibly the ball part came out of the socket, but then the joints in the picture of the skeleton look like they are actually enclosed. The only other thing I could add is that in retrospect I did notice that the joint was maybe a little wobbly just before it broke, when before it was always very tight. I'm very uncertain about the repair-ability in this situation. Maybe Sanhui haven't figured it out either. Hopefully it will turn out ok, and they will also learn from this and possibly address it in future updates.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The fact that Sanhui have chatted with you and are consulting their mechanic is rather good news. I'd be tempted to cut down a side seam to open her up to see what's going on. Use a sharp knife and put her in a relaxed position. If the cut is good then if along a seam one can glue back together wrapping the wound with clingfilm and get a near invisible result.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

Sorry to hear the bad news. I have a doll with a broken back as well. I made a repair (not easy) but my girl has never been the same. Her back is incapable of forward or arching motion and the nut and bolt I have holding her together now always needs continual tightening, so I cant close up her cut in the lower back.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Awful news Jimbo :(

I am wondering if you have the new ball joint skeleton though. You say she feels like nearly solid silicone and my new one has a very thin layer of silicone over a foam core. Just this morning I had to 'iron' her silicone on her back with my hands as it was a bit loose and out of place.

This is a bit terrifying for me. I've had to use some pretty extreme force on her hip joints a few times. I will pay extra attention to that back joint from now on.

We're all wishing for the best!
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

Jimbofod wrote:Thanks, everyone. We both appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't have any cool FLIR cam, but I'm also uncertain if it would work on this doll. She's significantly bigger than an 80 cm JM elf, and like I said her body is pretty nearly solid silicone from what I could feel. Zax, maybe you can test it for me on your elfie? If you could make an image of the skeleton in side the body, that would be really helpful and also just very cool to see. I don't think you'll be able to though, except maybe the hand or foot.
Don't worry my friend i'll try to manage time to do this ;)

I've tried on Tomoe because she's easier to handle :mrgreen:

Will give a try on Mirya :P

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

I finally decided to go ahead with an exploratory cut. There's no way Sanhui or anyone else could help without knowing what happened to the skeleton inside.

Using a nearly new exacto knife blade, I cut along the seam, at first in a small spot, then wider as was needed to be able to push the opening apart far enough to see and photograph inside. When I just squeezed the body trying to feel for the broken part inside, I thought it was the soft silicone going all the way through. The silicone layer is indeed thick, but actually there is foam inside as well. It is just very soft and springy, similar enough to the silicone that it is hard to tell the difference. This contrasts to the firm foam I have detected in her thigh.
soft foam.mp4
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 5033 times
Also, surrounding the skeleton itself was a lot of fibrous tape, something like duct tape. The point of breakage was fully inside this tape, so that was helping to hold everything together. I had to get scissors and cut this away to see better.
point of breakage.mp4
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 5034 times
As you can see when I moved the top and bottom independently, the breaking point is actually where the spine was welded to the U-shaped hip/pelvis. Looking at the photo of the skeleton on its own, the red arrow indicates the breakage point. The blue arrow points to what must be the actual ball joint, which is fully ok and intact.
diagram.jpg
diagram.jpg (12.01 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
So, looking at this, I don't think there can be any solution but welding the pieces back together. Right? In a way, this is worse than if the ball joint itself broke. In that case, I imagined I could somehow encase the joint in a fully straight position. It would make the joint in a fixed position, but it would have hopefully kept the spike straight and stable. With this, the shapes and how it attaches, I don't see any other method of attachment than welding.

Still no reply from Sanhui. I have seen on Skype that they have been online every day. I have started emailing to both sanhuidolls@yahoo.com and sanhuidollschina@yahoo.com. I just sent them the same info as posted here. Maybe I pm them here? Send a message to Sange to forward them?

I assume Sanhui has a welder that could fix this, which would require shipping back and forth. Alternately, do I try to find a welder on TDF willing to help me out? I think there are some out there, based on some replies I've seen in different repair posts.

MoneyMike
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MoneyMike »

You could try a metal bonding epoxy glue like JB Weld? Might save you the trouble of welding.
==== My Doll ==== [Doll Album]-[Twitter]
(CST) BB Doll 165cm H-cup
*Belle* C02 Jessica
*Allura* C06 Mila
*Melanie* C07 Selina

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

I'm really sorry Jimbo :(

Epoxy wont be strong enough.

Welding might not be an option as I don't think you can weld unless you remove all material anywhere near the break. (this still might be the best option)

The best solution that I can think of is build new support. Use a dremel, drill holes through the 2 tubes (hip and back) and use bolts and a metal bracket to secure it.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

This is what I did, mind you its a different skeleton/ different doll.

Might give you some ideas, tough time ahead, sorry.
Attachments
surgery complete.JPG
surgery complete.JPG (359.39 KiB) Viewed 5318 times

INFORMATIONS