sanhuiofficial.com

How to repair tears?

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How to repair tears?

Post by The_Turnip »

My doll has a tear at the top of her vagina. I had her on top of me and realised I had left a tampon in to absorb the last bit of moisture from last time. Since I couldn't see properly and had expended a bit of effort getting into that position, I pulled it out blind. That was more difficult than usual, especially before I realised I was pulling from the wrong angle, and in hindsight it was really dumb and probably what caused the tear.

The question now is how do I fix it? I have a small tube of Sil-Poxy. Can anyone point me to tutorial on how to do this?

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: How to repair tears?

Post by Mishka1965 »

A small piece of carbon fiber mesh and permatex will work well. My silicone dolls are repaired this way with success

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The mesh like for lace front wigs will work.

You will need silpoxy permatex flowable windahield sealant. To glue in.

Isopropyl to prep the area, acetone to finish the cleaning in the cut before gluing.
Nitrile gloves only to prevent contamination of the work area.

Toothpicks to apply glue with. If you need fuller instructions let me know
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by The_Turnip »

The glue I have is this stuff. Is that the right one?

As for the carbon fibre mesh, is this what you mean? I'm not familiar with lace front wigs, and my attempts to google them have just made me more confused as to how they relate to carbon fibre.

What sort of tool should I use to apply the alcohol and acetone? Makeup remover pads seem like the most obvious thing to me, but maybe they'd be too prone to leaving threads on the surface.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The_Turnip wrote:The glue I have is this stuff. Is that the right one?

As for the carbon fibre mesh, is this what you mean? I'm not familiar with lace front wigs, and my attempts to google them have just made me more confused as to how they relate to carbon fibre.

What sort of tool should I use to apply the alcohol and acetone? Makeup remover pads seem like the most obvious thing to me, but maybe they'd be too prone to leaving threads on the surface.
The glue is fine. I can give you big enough swatch of mesh for the. Cost of shipping.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I think you can find the mesh they use for fiberglass. It's probably more clear like fabric mesh than the darker color and will work well. Clean with acetone as any oil or contamination will prevent the permatex from curing.

Use latex or nitrile gloves and work clean.

Samara will guide you thru the repair, as she has loads of skills for repairing DS dolls and other silicones

Yes the silpoxy is ok but bloody expensive. See if Amazon delivers the windshield permatex.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Only nitrile gloves. Latex gloves touching uncured silicone accidentally MAY inhibit it's proper curing. The permatex will be for the mesh repair. I offer mesh from the wig because it will embed easily into the silicone.
Do repair the outside first though. I can guide you over phone or p.m

P.S the mesh in your photo link is no good, and not The kind you need.

The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by The_Turnip »

Can you provide a link to an example of the kind of mesh I need please? It's probably cheaper to source locally than to ship to Australia.

As for the Permatex, am I to understand that I need it in addition to the Sil Poxy, or was it just offered as an alternative? If the latter, I may as well use the Sil Poxy as I already have it.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The_Turnip wrote:Can you provide a link to an example of the kind of mesh I need please? It's probably cheaper to source locally than to ship to Australia.

As for the Permatex, am I to understand that I need it in addition to the Sil Poxy, or was it just offered as an alternative? If the latter, I may as well use the Sil Poxy as I already have it.
Look up lace front wigs on ebay. A small sample won't be a problem. It is a very close netting of nylon. Not like panty hose type. Not that softy or whatever. When i go to trim the wig in the next few days i will post a sample photo online here. Well worth the investment in a 25 dollar wig.

The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by The_Turnip »

samara78 wrote:
The_Turnip wrote:Can you provide a link to an example of the kind of mesh I need please? It's probably cheaper to source locally than to ship to Australia.

Look up lace front wigs on ebay. A small sample won't be a problem. It is a very close netting of nylon. Not like panty hose type. Not that softy or whatever. When i go to trim the wig in the next few days i will post a sample photo online here. Well worth the investment in a 25 dollar wig.
Do you have that photo yet? I know you were saying just get a wig, but without knowing what I'm looking for I don't know if these cheap Chinese Ebay wigs have the appropriate part.

The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by The_Turnip »

I still need help with this. I still haven't been able to find out what the hell this fabric is. I found this tutorial, but I'm still none the wiser as to where to obtain this reinforcement fabric. All my attempts to google for it have been fruitless. I don't know why it seems to be such a secret. Even searching through this forum it always seems to get taken to PMs for some reason.

Do I even need it or can I just apply the silpoxy by itself?

This is getting really frustrating.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is whet is 8nside of a ds 145. Not anything like what i suggested earlier.
Attachments
20180127_044108.jpg
20180127_044108.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 2740 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The_Turnip wrote:I still need help with this. I still haven't been able to find out what the hell this fabric is. I found this tutorial, but I'm still none the wiser as to where to obtain this reinforcement fabric. All my attempts to google for it have been fruitless. I don't know why it seems to be such a secret. Even searching through this forum it always seems to get taken to PMs for some reason.

Do I even need it or can I just apply the silpoxy by itself?

This is getting really frustrating.
Do not use silpoxy in there for reenforcement. . It will make het really hard glob. It would be painful. Fix the tear with silpoxy make sure not to over use it. Clean the whole area with isopropyl alcohol. Thwmen just the tear with acetone in the cut area on a q tip wait two minutes then applet a thin layer of silpoxy on a tooth pick starting in the deepest area of the cut. Go about an 1/8th of an inch. And then close the legs get a new swab dipped in acetone and clean off the excess glue. Tue mesh you are thinking of is only good on insert models. Take the repairs in stages when you finish you will be glad you did. When you have that done post here again, i will be delighted to guide.

The_Turnip
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by The_Turnip »

Okay, so to be clear I should not use a mesh, and I should put a tiny bit of silpoxy in the tear, clean it up, let it cure and then repeat until the tear is fully closed up?

Alright, hopefully I'll have an opportunity to do that sometime this week.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Clean it up first with acetone, than add the adhesive squeeze it shut with your fingers and use multiple q tips to wipe off the excess. Push legs together and let cure

INFORMATIONS