cloudclimax.co.uk

Is this the way forward for fixed head dolls?

We are the official approved DS Doll reseller for the UK and also sell DS Dolls in selected European countries, ( South America & South Africa ). Shop with us confidently & discreetly. Cloud Climax has over 25 years of retail and lingerie experience and are so confident that each product is presented to you with our Cloud Climax logo as a mark of our approval. We also stock premium branded toys & accessories for your all round satisfaction. Website: www.cloudclimax.co.uk
coleridge

Is this the way forward for fixed head dolls?

Post by coleridge »

I've just been looking at this doll, pictured below .....
Yi-Ting-Fixed-Head.jpg
Yi-Ting-Fixed-Head.jpg (34.03 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
The description is as follows .....

"JY Doll Yi Ting is manufactured using a special mould. After a treatment the head and neck are joined together without any gaps. The head cannot be removed."

Could this be the ideal compromise for fixed head dolls? The head is moulded separately (presumably) so there's no longer the problem of a flaw in the head causing the whole doll to be rejected. I imagine this would be better for the manufacturer and therefore also better for the customer in terms of price and fixed head availability.
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Beca's Instagram album | YD155 JinSan#44 | Sold 2015 - sent to Coventry
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

Mr Consistency

Re: Is this the way forward for fixed head dolls?

Post by Mr Consistency »

I'd be a bit concerned that the join will give way in time with repeated turning of the head.

Not a bad idea, though.

coleridge

Post by coleridge »

Mr Consistency wrote:I'd be a bit concerned that the join will give way in time with repeated turning of the head.

Not a bad idea, though.
Yes - that occurred to me as well. I'm a bit ignorant on these matters, but I assume TPE is "glued" by heating?
Debbie's Instagram album | Phicen Mid bust Pale PLLB2014-S01 | Now snoozing in a bottom drawer somewhere
Beca's Instagram album | YD155 JinSan#44 | Sold 2015 - sent to Coventry
Pippa's Twitter account | WM163 #15 | Sold 2014 - spent some time with Harem, then an architect, then went her own way ..
Rebecca Millington's Flickr | EVO2 body Bobi head | Rebecca is one of my 3 Second Life avatars. The others are Sophie & Emma.

JLdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by JLdoll »

coleridge wrote:I've just been looking at this doll, pictured below .....
Yi-Ting-Fixed-Head.jpg
The description is as follows .....

"JY Doll Yi Ting is manufactured using a special mould. After a treatment the head and neck are joined together without any gaps. The head cannot be removed."

Could this be the ideal compromise for fixed head dolls? The head is moulded separately (presumably) so there's no longer the problem of a flaw in the head causing the whole doll to be rejected. I imagine this would be better for the manufacturer and therefore also better for the customer in terms of price and fixed head availability.
As far as I know,they have the update skeleton to fix head problem,but you need to they official website and choose the right option or send email for confirm at first.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

Is that chocker covering the seam? I love chockers and bands for fashion sometimes, but not when it's for function/cover-up.

Unless arms can go straight up, I cannot dress them in tight shirts without removing the head. I do like getting a whole new girl everytime I change the head.

For good heads and bodies, the join is usually well hidden and subtle. But some brands or configs have terrible gap issues.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Is this only being implemented on the TPE front? I would love to see more fixed heads on some Silicone gals.

jcpax727

Post by jcpax727 »

Agreed, head seams are a real detractor.

Id hate to be cuddling my doll/droid, wake up, and see the gaping head line exposed. Real mood killer imo. Lots of hair in the way works ok but fixed would be ideal, but then theres no way to easily fix head dmg

If Silicone type dolls arent going to make the heads fixed, they could at least make some sort of “like seamless” function to them so you wouldnt see the heads line without a close inspection. Even just a plastic neck slider could be used to push “up” a bit of tpe or silicone once the head is on to fill in the gaping holes and it would look better.

Either way though fixed seems like a good route unless you wanna head swap

Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Cloudclimax »

I would elaborate but I am not allowed to comment on JY on the forum. If you have questions about this doll, please do contact us by email at support@cloudclimax.com

Thanks
Paul

INFORMATIONS