cloudclimax.co.uk

Latest DS Robotics update

We are the official approved DS Doll reseller for the UK and also sell DS Dolls in selected European countries, ( South America & South Africa ). Shop with us confidently & discreetly. Cloud Climax has over 25 years of retail and lingerie experience and are so confident that each product is presented to you with our Cloud Climax logo as a mark of our approval. We also stock premium branded toys & accessories for your all round satisfaction. Website: www.cloudclimax.co.uk
Cloudclimax
VENDOR
VENDOR

Latest DS Robotics update

Post by Cloudclimax »

https://www.dsdollrobotics.com/new-ds-d ... ial-video/

You can see our latest blog with new video footage.

Best
Paul

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Latest DS Robotics update

Post by Willendorph »

Awesome stuff. I'm always fascinated to see these updates. It seems like DS are really going from strength to strength these days in both design and technology. Now they just need to teach her English or Japanese and I'll be pretty much sorted for the rest of my life!

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Very impressive, these guys are not messing around. Look in the background. Quite a few people doing code. I imagine.

Really good to see the update, only 400$ deposit roughly to get in line .
cool stuff
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Amazing stuff! I have no idea of what she's saying but at least she's saying something, good enough for me :D
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

This... is... amazing!

DS is going to leave every other manufacturer in the dust. GO DS!!!

Dionysus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dionysus »

Woah ... that's some awesome stuff. Looks pretty advanced. Wonder what the end of the road will look like when i see that ...

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

I’m impressed!
The combination of vocalization and the emphasis added by the changes in expression and head movement seems to be a bit ahead of the current competition. Add in your native language and the ability to converse on numerous topics as well as respond to tactile stimuli and you really have something!
Good on them! This should result in lower lap times from all involved in the doll robotics biz!
T’Bolt

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

I did notice the whole body approach that DS is taking.

IMHO;

Any advances in the field, are good advances.

Just as I'm concerned with awkward conversations or noisey servos, I'm also concerned with power requirements.

While I have seen Harmony, a talking animatronic head at this point, doing her thing on her own power, and she's not attached to outside power sources, I have yet to see the DS "robots" do the same.

They need to take them out into the field to interact with people.

Just saying. :roll:
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

I'm so excited for this. Hands down a buy already for me, though if they announce a v2 with eyes that can see and more body movement I think maybe I can restrain myself for a little bit longer...

I've dreamt of having a robot like this since I was 14. It's part of the reason I learned how to program in 6 languages in the first place, I would love to write my own code for this. It's also something I started saving for before ever thinking about owning a house, because like Fox Mulder I really wanted to believe. I've already come to terms with motor noise etc. and none of that bothers me, though it might bother my roommates to hear *bzzt bzzt bzzt* from my room at odd hours of the night... Oh well!

I don't know why but every animation Harmony has just weirds me out. I've been following both projects since their earliest announcements and even though I have the money I'm just not at all sold on that for $10k. It looks less fun than the used sports car I could buy for the same amount of money...

DS seems to be on the right path though with expressions and movement, and mouth articulation seems really well done too. They must have someone who has some experience creating animation, even if not specifically for robotics. Don't get me wrong they have a long way to go before they reach the level of Garner Holt.

This DS one can kind of pout the lips though... A kissing robot... I don't care about oral but kissing is a huge deal for me... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

scsc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by scsc »

Another baby step in the right direction, but there's still a very long way to go before these will be convincing enough to justify the price tag (in my opinion). For example, the mouth movements during speech just look off somehow - I guess the thing has a speaker built into it somewhere playing audio, and the mouth movements that it makes are just for show. What would make this work for me is if it actually "spoke" the same way that humans do - by moving air from a diaphragm up through the larynx and out the mouth, using the lips and tongue not just for show, but to actually produce speech without a speaker. Probably still quite a few years away from that technology though.

Still very cool though! As someone else mentioned, any progress in this field is good progress.

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

scsc wrote:Another baby step in the right direction, but there's still a very long way to go before these will be convincing enough to justify the price tag (in my opinion). For example, the mouth movements during speech just look off somehow - I guess the thing has a speaker built into it somewhere playing audio, and the mouth movements that it makes are just for show. What would make this work for me is if it actually "spoke" the same way that humans do - by moving air from a diaphragm up through the larynx and out the mouth, using the lips and tongue not just for show, but to actually produce speech without a speaker. Probably still quite a few years away from that technology though.

Still very cool though! As someone else mentioned, any progress in this field is good progress.
Agree. These first generation Realdoll and DS robotic dolls are certainly getting attention but I’m not very excited about them as products until the conversational AI is at ... the level of a Google machine learning chat bot that has watched millions of hours of movies and read a million novels worth of text.

My dolls may look like bimbos, but I want them to converse fluently and intelligently.

Still, for first generation products these are very promising. The very first Realdolls had tons of problems and now are an order of magnitude better. These robots will improve even faster.

Exciting times.

:glou:
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

Really great progress (especially the shoulder/upper torso movements)! Just wish the doll head was capable of oral - talking is great, but all that facial/mouth movement would be Great for a blowjob

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Fascinating innovations form DS. My mandarin is a bit rusty though. :whistle:

I am assuming they will also have an English version as well.

They still need a bit of work on the mechatronic gearing, as the movement is staccato rather than fluid, but definitely progressing well.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

DollOgler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollOgler »

Wow. That's very impressive.

INFORMATIONS