MannequinFan items for sale

We turn dreams into reality!
Mimik

Re: MannequinFan items for sale

Post by Mimik »

MannequinFan wrote:I'd be interested in knowing what y'all think about this...
The new eyelids look great. Definitely interested.
And I’d actually love the option of a Shapeways kit. 24/7 availability would be a welcome option.

One question, how hard would it be to create a 12mm kit? As opposed to 13mm / 14mm?

As adelea mentioned, the DIY aspect of making lenses could be intimidating for some. But it was surprisingly easy to create my own w/ the right instructions, which you kindly provided via PM, thanks MF. If/when you start a thread for how to make lenses, I could see an increase in interest for the DIY kits.

Here’s some of the lenses I’ve created.
You’ve already seen these MF, just sharing what's possible. :)
Mimik-DIY-Lenses.jpg
Cheers.
:glou:
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

Hey,

I think there will surely be interest in the DIY eyes. When I first saw your post and took a look at shapeways, I just did not really find informations and was not in the mood to dig any more as long as there was no product available yet.
I can see people using that option. Me included.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Mimik wrote:One question, how hard would it be to create a 12mm kit? As opposed to 13mm / 14mm?
Hi Mimik, thanks! Those lenses look great!
Regarding 12mm, they are just a little too small to work well as the 1/2" punched image will be a little too big. Also, most cabochons are actually slightly smaller than the nominal size.
The 1/2" punched image is just the perfect size for 13mm and works for 14mm as well. You just see a bit more limbal ring with 14mm.

Next week I need to finalize the palm plates and work on some of this stuff, so there will be no EME sets available tomorrow.

Booblover
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Booblover »

Wow you guys have amazing talent creating these incredible eyes, I will just have wait for my chance to them.

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Kite »

Wow man. A day sooner then the tracking info. And holy cow these are amazing. The lids put my homeade to shame and the ability to move the eyes and swap out fast. You are awesome manniquinfan.

I love the ocean color for izzy but as soon as i droped the purples in. I was in awe.

So need to fix her eyebrows now. Lmao keep up the good work. Ill be getting a set for zelda for sure.
Attachments
20190607_190526.jpg
20190607_190526.jpg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 1887 times
20190607_190437.jpg
20190607_190437.jpg (4.57 MiB) Viewed 1887 times

Thelaststraw
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Thelaststraw »

I thought I read somewhere in this amazing thread that there is an option/size available for JM dolls, specifically the 156cm? I am happy to report she should be here in the next few weeks and the eyes would be a fantastic addition!
Just curious if I was incorrect so I don't get my hopes up on compatibility. Thank you in advance.

garriola83
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by garriola83 »

Funny, I have a resin 3D printer. If i can get a hold of the stls for the eye lids, I could print them out without the layer lines and such. And its cheaper than Shapeways.

Also, are orders still available? Seems i missed the proposed time to order the eye set.

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

MannequinFan wrote:
Mimik wrote:One question, how hard would it be to create a 12mm kit? As opposed to 13mm / 14mm?
Hi Mimik, thanks! Those lenses look great!
Regarding 12mm, they are just a little too small to work well as the 1/2" punched image will be a little too big. Also, most cabochons are actually slightly smaller than the nominal size.
The 1/2" punched image is just the perfect size for 13mm and works for 14mm as well. You just see a bit more limbal ring with 14mm.
Ah, gotcha. A few smaller heads I have fit well w/ 12mm, hence curiosity. I see what you’re saying though, thanks for the info.
Good to know the same punch size for 14mm works w/ 13mm, note taken on limbal ring difference. Cheers. :)
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

Gedoens

Post by Gedoens »

@MannequinFan

I'm interested in some of your parts but you have not replied to my email (on the first page).
How do I order on flash sale ?

I could not find your eyes or eye lids on Shapeways ?
Have you removed the kits ?

Interested in:
2x Easy Move Eyes Kit
2x Foot Screw Covers
2x Colormates Lash Kit

Thank you very much.

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Would it be possible to get pupils in white or a light color instead of the typical black pupils?

I might be interested in a few eyes once my new doll arrives.

I'm looking for very unique and super exotic eyes.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey folks, sorry for not responding sooner. Been extremely busy this week with R&D.
I didn't have a sale last Sat. so I haven't been manning the emails.
Gedoens wrote:I'm interested in some of your parts but you have not replied to my email (on the first page).
How do I order on flash sale ?
Gedoens I responded today to your email so please check your inbox.
I haven't opened a shop on Shapeways yet. Still working on that option.
Fenrir wrote:Would it be possible to get pupils in white or a light color instead of the typical black pupils?
I'm trying to picture a white pupil. Maybe a very small pupil with a light iris?
Could you post a pic of what you are looking for?
Thelaststraw wrote:I thought I read somewhere in this amazing thread that there is an option/size available for JM dolls, specifically the 156cm? I am happy to report she should be here in the next few weeks and the eyes would be a fantastic addition!
Just curious if I was incorrect so I don't get my hopes up on compatibility. Thank you in advance.
TLS, right now I need to focus on the one eye size for the TPE dolls so I can have them printed up and ready for orders.
Maybe when things lighten up a bit I can get back to doing different types/sizes.
Kitejr wrote:Wow man. A day sooner then the tracking info. And holy cow these are amazing. The lids put my homeade to shame and the ability to move the eyes and swap out fast. You are awesome manniquinfan.
Hey Kite thanks very much for the compliments and the nice photos! I'm very glad you like them!
For eyebrows, consider getting some eyebrow stencils. You can get them just about anywhere they sell makeup.

Thelaststraw
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Thelaststraw »

Thank you for responding. I can appreciate that you are very busy and would not expect you to go out of your way for a single order. Just knowing that it is possible is a beautiful thing itself. Thank you for your service and it's definitely appreciated.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright folks, 4 EME sets available for tomorrow's flash sale!

Here's the event timer for those in different time zones...
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 5T14&p1=64

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright that's it, sets are sold for this week. Thanks again everyone!

ppeter
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ppeter »

eyelids are great, I can recommend

Peter

INFORMATIONS