MannequinFan items for sale

We turn dreams into reality!
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: MannequinFan items for sale

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey, thanks everyone! It's good to see more photos with the eyelids closed. :thumbs_up: :)
Frost wrote:Thank you for the foot screw covers MF. They are well made. My only issue is trying to adjust the screws, so that the feet line up on my carpet; without damaging the pegs from constant removal... It is hard for me to know if they need adjustment, without the flat covers, on such a thick carpet.
Frost, I'm not sure I understand, I think having the screws the way they come from the factory is fine, just as long as you have the 1/4" clearance to the fitting in the foot so the screw covers can swivel.
The purpose of the foot screws is to simply take the pressure off of the TPE or silicone when the doll is standing.
This picture from ILoveCoffee shows the normal position of the foot screws which are just sticking out a little from the skin...

virgo44

Post by virgo44 »

Hi in reading this about the eyelids once they are fitted they can be open or closed without refitting them into that position i'm soon to get my first doll and trying to learn so much before hand
Latika WM 166C head 265

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

Well I had already messed with their adjustment several times before, so factory position is no more. When I first put the covers on and stood her, some covers weren't touching the ground, so I had to make a few adjustments. That is all. Nothing related to the covers themselves. Only that I had to remove them once or twice to reposition the screws.

Metacog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Metacog »

horny1 wrote:Hi in reading this about the eyelids once they are fitted they can be open or closed without refitting them into that position i'm soon to get my first doll and trying to learn so much before hand
Let me jump in here as an owner of the lids. After I colored my doll's eyelids, used the Krylon matte finish (~$5 at Walmart's vs ~$10 at Michael's craft store!), then letting it dry, the eyelids just slip into place over the eyes in the doll. I use a finger to move the lids up and down, although the cut Q-tip probably is a better idea (see the video for all this information). :whistle:
Also check out the many videos and other information on MF, Grim's, and others information on Page 1.
For convenience, I've copied the link here: Eyelid coloring and lash installation:
~Metacog~

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Metacog, thanks for all your help! Yes, Walmart is definitely the best place to get the Krylon! :thumbs_up:

One thing I might add though, is that with the 24hr creme eye shadow the Krylon sealer may not be needed. With powder makeup it's necessary or it will rub right off. The big advantage with the 24hr creme makeup is that it actually dries after a while and doesn't rub off nearly as easily. If you want to change color the creme makeup comes off easily with mineral spirits.

I'm hoping to make a new video soon showing all the new features and maybe even a complete makeover including eyebrows and lips.

Metacog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Metacog »

Ah ha... well, the matte finish kind of made the creme crack a bit (similar to ice in a river breaking up, if you get my drift). I was leery of the blush staining inside the eye socket and around the outside of the eyes, but I suppose that would have been easy enough to remedy by just rubbing it off, now that I know. I'll keep the mineral oil in mind, too.
~Metacog~

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright folks, this will be an "all eyelids" week. Please check front page and refresh your browsers!
I'm nearly out of eyeball plastic so there will be no eye sets this week.

In order to make the eyelids less expensive and available more often, I'm offering these as "print & ship".
Below are some hi-res photos of how they look right off the printer, printed with 100 micron (0.1mm) layers. They will need a little sandpaper cleanup on the edges, and lash mount painted or colored with a sharpie. I've found that fine emery boards for fingernails work well for cleaning up the edges.
Attachments
IMG_4718.JPG
IMG_4718.JPG (575.44 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
IMG_4717.JPG
IMG_4717.JPG (491.44 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
IMG_4719.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG (502.83 KiB) Viewed 1862 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

OK folks, 4 EME sets will be available for order tomorrow.
Then I will be taking a little break from eye making for a while.
Time for some spring cleaning and some other things that need attending to.

Here's the event timer for tomorrow's flash sale...
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 3T14&p1=64

Thanks everyone!

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

The print and ship eyelids are outstanding BTW!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:The print and ship eyelids are outstanding BTW!
Hey FP thanks! I'm glad you like them!
It would be cool to see how you finished them if you can. :)

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

MannequinFan wrote:Hey FP thanks! I'm glad you like them!
It would be cool to see how you finished them if you can. :)
I’ll make a short photo essay of my work when I do!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright folks, that's it for this week. EME sets are sold.
I'll be taking a spring break from eye making, but I'll keep the foot screw covers and maybe the print & ship eyelids available in the meantime.

Thanks again everyone!

Booblover
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Booblover »

Hi another newbie here, silly question but who do I send the email to if wanting to buy Mannequin Fan eyes? Sorry still working all this out. Loving my girl I think movable eyes would be a fantastic asset for her. Thanks Booblover

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Booblover wrote:Hi another newbie here, silly question but who do I send the email to if wanting to buy Mannequin Fan eyes? Sorry still working all this out. Loving my girl I think movable eyes would be a fantastic asset for her. Thanks Booblover
Hi Booblover,

You need to watch this thread to see when MF will be making his EME sets available. Then send an email to bcdspecialorder@gmail.com with all the necessary details (which now I think would be only the iris numbers you want, plus your paypal address, your mailing address and optionally your TDF name). The email needs to be sent on/after the time that MF posts (usually 2PM Central, its 8PM my time here in the UK) on the day (usually Saturdays)

Then you need to cross your fingers and hope you were lucky. That said, sending an email at 8PM I am 2 for 2.

Metacog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Metacog »

Booblover wrote:Hi another newbie here, silly question but who do I send the email to if wanting to buy Mannequin Fan eyes? Sorry still working all this out. Loving my girl I think movable eyes would be a fantastic asset for her. Thanks Booblover
Hey Booblover.
The eyes are really nice. I have a set. It's a sort of lottery, IMHO. Anyhow, you should see a list of available page numbers at the top and bottom of this thread. Select Page 1. That has all the information for eyes, head stands, other gear, helpful videos, when specific items are available and anything else that should cover your questions. Good luck!
~Metacog~

INFORMATIONS