WHAT WOULD YOU TELL NEWBIES ABOUT GETTING CLOTHING?

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

WHAT WOULD YOU TELL NEWBIES ABOUT GETTING CLOTHING?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Before she arrives...people always ask
BRING IT ON!
Thanks
Jeff

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU TELL NEWBIES ABOUT GETTING CLOTHING?

Post by Dollarhyde »

I'd just say wait because just like a normal woman... clothing sizes fitting on dolls are all going to be different. However, you can always get the one size fits all and be pretty safe but for the more regular clothing for going out I'd say wait until your doll arrives.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

I would say if you want darker colours, don't buy cheap, rather get good quality as it's much less likely to stain. eBay is your friend as you can often score a bargain on good quality lingerie etc and the odd sizes our synthetic ladies tend to be mean you can get something like a 28HH bra that would be £30 for about £5 if you look around! Tip: Curvy Kate stuff is excellent and I haven't had a staining issue with anything I've had so far.

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

For TPE:

1. Don't trust the online measurements of the doll.
2. White clothes are best for preventing stains, but dark clothes can be worn also after washing thoroughly and making sure the water is clear afterwards.
3. Don't leave tight clothes on for too long or compression marks will form.
4. Use loose clothes most of the time so compression marks don't form.
5. Don't let the doll sit on the loose clothes for too long or compression marks will form from the garments edges/seams and design patterns.
6. If wearing a long dress or skirt and with the legs straightened (bed/couch), only tuck in the part in the back to prevent compression marks from sitting on the clothes.
7. Cut out the tags inside the garment as they can potentially scratch the doll's skin.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

For silicone....

Wash clothes a few times before wearing or soak in hot water for a bit to see if color bleeds.
Silicone is more stain resistant than TPE, but it can still stain.
If staining does occur, don't panic! 8O
The stain will go away on its own in about 2 weeks. I speak on that from experience.
As far as sizes go, find someone with the size doll that you have and ask them what sizes work best.

Most people here seem to buy clothes online.
I am more old school and actually shop in a store for what I want or need. Once you have your doll and see her in the flesh, you will have a pretty good idea of what will and will not fit based on actually seeing the clothes before buying.
Places I have good luck for my doll are
Walmart
Victoria's Secret
Burlington coat factory
Salvation Army
Goodwill
Dollar stores or Dollar General- mostly for stockings and pantyhose.

I have never had to shop for my doll in the kids section even though she is on the smaller side.
The one time I got her stuff online was for shit. I ordered the correct sizes and most of the stuff had to be modified by me to fit her properly. One item was not able to be modified. Just saving that for when I get a bigger doll.
Had I been able to see these items in person before I bought them would have been a big help. I wouldn't have bought them.

Be careful with soft polyester clothes. A polyester tshirt that felt like cotton is what stained my doll. She was wearing it for days though. Just be vigilant and don't leave her in dark stuff for long periods of time.

Choose lighter colored clothes to leave her in for longer periods of time.

Stockings and/or pantyhose are a must. Makes dressing them easier so clothes/panties just slide on up her legs instead of getting caught up on her skin.
Also protects her legs from dirt and dust.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Go with the One-Size-Fits-All stretchy stuff... Can be very sexy and is most likely going to fit your doll unless you get a really small doll.

Of course, light colors are best and absolutely required if you want to go with the cheap lingerie that I buy :D

Shoes are really tough!!! Even if you have a good foot measurement, the wiggly toes will make shoes fit strangely. Order multiple shoe sizes around the size you think the doll will need and return the others. Make sure you can return the other shoes and absolutely do not let the doll stand in the shoes if you think you'll be returning them. Those foot bolts will scratch the inside of the shoes very quickly.

I still don't have a good way to find a well-fitting bra so I hope that someone will post information on that trick.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Thank you so much for jump starting this!
Waiting is a great idea for sure
And you can get some great bargains in thrift stores as well

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I'd say, keep it easy to start. Stretchy stuff, light colours.
And once more experienced with your doll, try the more difficult costumes. And about dark colours ... check, check, check ... sometimes it doesn't stain at all, sometimes it stains immediately ... or anything in between. Oh, red may also stain.
And something else, no children's clothing, present your doll as an adult!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

You can learn about stain prevention here.
And you can find some nice clothing at thrift stores.
One dress, three different tops on Heather, my AS

nooneknows

Post by nooneknows »

dbenzguy wrote: I still don't have a good way to find a well-fitting bra so I hope that someone will post information on that trick.
I would suggest this site: https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php . There are more numbers needed but it is much more accurate then just measuring the over/under bust. I would highly recommend that everything is measured in centermeters and in UK sizing. (There is a corresponding reddit page as well but I have no idea how they would react to someone trying to find a bra for a doll.)

For those who have the larger breasted dolls you can take the size that the calculator suggests and go to either Bare Necessities or Her Room. Their websites are set up to filter all their selections into their sister sizes for ease of shopping.

https://www.barenecessities.com/shopbybrasize.aspx

https://www.herroom.com/universal-cup-s ... 15,30.html
BCD's Newly Wed Guide
Indigo20's TPE care
hansdampf21 TPE care
Do you need oil?
The Doll Guide - (Under Construction)

Nyoko - Elsa 165 XXL
(Ordered Oct. 21 2020 - Delivered Jan. 21 2021)
"I see a pair of thick weighty breasts and all logic flies out the window."

Nanako
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Nanako »

I have come to learn that clothes that may look great in the catalogue, don't always look as good on your doll. Just like people, dolls have different coloring, hair, shapes and sizes. So, it's question of finding what looks best on YOUR doll. Browse pictures in ads, fashion mags, etc., and find models who have the same physical qualities as your doll, to see what is the most attractive clothing to your eye. It may take a while to figure it all out, but your doll will really look so much more attractive with clothing that compliments her particular features.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Black colored clothing is almost always going to stain TPE, even if you wash it before, and other darker colors will eventually stain if you leave them on long enough, so purchase light colors or even better white colors if you do not want this to happen, also the smaller the doll the harder it will be to find clothes unless the doll is a Phicen or Barbie... :wink:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Great advice so far.
Love,
Heather

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

nooneknows wrote:
dbenzguy wrote: I still don't have a good way to find a well-fitting bra so I hope that someone will post information on that trick.
I would suggest this site: https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php . There are more numbers needed but it is much more accurate then just measuring the over/under bust. I would highly recommend that everything is measured in centermeters and in UK sizing. (There is a corresponding reddit page as well but I have no idea how they would react to someone trying to find a bra for a doll.)

For those who have the larger breasted dolls you can take the size that the calculator suggests and go to either Bare Necessities or Her Room. Their websites are set up to filter all their selections into their sister sizes for ease of shopping.

https://www.barenecessities.com/shopbybrasize.aspx

https://www.herroom.com/universal-cup-s ... 15,30.html
Awesome!

Thanks a bunch... I'll give this a shot :glou:

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Kite »

measure!!!! spend the few bucks off a cheep craft shop and get a measureing tape!!!! after 10 months i just measures my BCD izzy and found our her bra is a 30m bra...... measure her..... or ask on here.... tight fitting clothing can go wrong. getting izzy in a large hoodie dress which she looks fucking amazing in is actually to small for her perfect breasts. also consider stretchy clothing having clothing thats to big is better then to small. if u like photos like me its a cloths pin away vs a scratch or crease on your godess. as for coloring GET A EXTRA TPE PICE OR A INSERT!!!! TEST TEST TEST!!!!! 1 day wraped and weighted down has made my queen never have any stains!

for the wm163h shes a large in the boob and booty. XL depending on material. againe strechy. medium belly. and a size 5 to 5.5 in shoe. 30m bra but u can get by with a 36ddd if u streach it and take out the wires. it wont be perfect but it will do. panties no joke do large at lest. id say and extra large if they dont stretch. leggins are a large and opera gloves are a large aswell. babe is big!! shes a big girl. womans size she fits my wife perfectly and shes a size 16. so if you attempt jeans start with that. GO SLOW!!!!! with this dolls curves its tough. but when an outfit works OMG does it work.

INFORMATIONS