What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

We turn dreams into reality!
Website: dolldesire.com
User avatar
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR
Posts: 24153
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Contact:

What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Please share your thoughts, ok?
Thanks in advance
Best,
Jeff

Joe_Normal
Active Poster
Active Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Joe_Normal »

Not sure if I'm understanding the question.

FedEx tracking, to me, seems about the same as any other in terms of functionality. Both UPS and FedEx have free account services to manage deliveries with simple signups at their respective websites.

If I knew what you were asking, I could probably give a more concise answer.

User avatar
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR
Posts: 24153
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I would tell people NEVER trust on line FEDEX to be 100% correct
Call 1 800 GO FEDEX and say call tag, call tag, call tag ( less wait) and get a real person on the line.
They can see things an office a person walks into can not see.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Joe_Normal
Active Poster
Active Poster
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Joe_Normal »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:I would tell people NEVER trust on line FEDEX to be 100% correct
Call 1 800 GO FEDEX and say call tag, call tag, call tag ( less wait) and get a real person on the line.
They can see things an office a person walks into can not see.

I use the online systems of FedEx, UPS, and USPS extensively, I've never had an issue with the tracking being explicitly wrong. Like all systems with a remote component, like scanning devices for packages in the field, there's some delay, and sometimes user error from people scanning, but overall, I'm generally happy with all three carriers and I wouldn't single out FedEx as any worse or better than the rest. The online systems are great because you can have delivery instructions on file so you don't have to worry about things if you're not there to receive a parcel.

User avatar
siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru
Posts: 5062
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: A Little South of Sanity ...
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by siliconelover »

What I would tell a newbie or anyone for that matter who doesn't have experience with Fed Ex is that their tracking is ALWAYS wrong !

Seriously, you can track the package and it will give you one date of delivery only to arrive on another. In my experience it is always EARLIER ! Which is a good thing unless you are planning to be there for the delivery !!

My YL Fed Ex tracking first stated Wednesday as the delivery date. Then changed to Monday before and the doll actually arrived on the Friday before with no change in the tracking. I was not home to accept so the doll rode around (upside down on her neck) in the truck for the remainder if that day, slept at a Fed Ex hub over the weekend and back on the truck (again, upside down on her neck) for Monday's delivery. To top it off, the Fed Ex driver was a jerk full of attitude about the heavy box on his truck.

Just last week I was tracking a piece of sound equipment that was scheduled for Wednesday, over the weekend it changed to Tuesday and arrived on Monday with no change in the tracking information. I was home this time and surprised to hear my doorbell ring and Mr. Fed Ex standing there with my box.

So, it's a crap shoot, at least where I am located.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

User avatar
forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:44 pm
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by forty »

I get the fedex tracking right most of the time. There are a few times, it says will deliver next day, but I have already gotten the package a few days ago.

User avatar
siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru
Posts: 5062
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: A Little South of Sanity ...
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by siliconelover »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:I would tell people NEVER trust on line FEDEX to be 100% correct
Better advice has never been given !
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

User avatar
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR
Posts: 24153
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I m not trying to single out FEDEX, most of our dolls are sent that way.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

User avatar
siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru
Posts: 5062
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: A Little South of Sanity ...
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by siliconelover »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:I m not trying to single out FEDEX, most of our dolls are sent that way.
Either am I, they all suck !
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

User avatar
Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Posts: 1045
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:00 am
Location: U.S.A
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Technician »

I sign up for SMS notifications with substantial deliveries. So far the notifications have been accurate to within minutes.
My packages come to a UPS Store, I'll get a notification of package delivery from The UPS Store and a minute or two later I will get an SMS notification from FedEx. They send notifications at all stops as well as a generic out for delivery.

User avatar
Chandrelle Softvale
Doll
Doll
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:50 pm
Location: In the corner of Leather by lee's house.
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Chandrelle Softvale »

I have hated fedexit for years. Now that I am buying fantasy dolls for my fantasy collection I hate them even more. Here is a form letter they sent me recently. It does not even address the questions I had regarding the detention and transfer of my last purchase to the FDA for inspection. I had asked why is it detained, who has it, how do I contact them, what are they doing to it, where is it, when will it be released.

I also inquired as to how it made its way to Memphis from the fedexit facility in GUANGZHOU CN without any stops in the Philippines, Japan or Anchorage Alaska. There are no fedexit direct flights from GUANGZHOU CN to Memphis, Tn. USA.

Of course they did not send the letter until after the doll was finally released and already in my possession. Since it is a standard form letter it was useless anyway.

July 8, 2020
Mr. Lee *******
*** ***** Street
******, **. *****
Dear Mr. *******

On behalf of FedEx, I am writing to offer our sincerest regrets for any problems resulting from the late arrival of a June 24 shipment from Huizhou Aoge Enterprise Co. Ltd. in Huizhou, China, traveling under air waybill number ********1405.

FedEx knows that our customers’ loyalty is attributable, in no small part, to our record of reliability. This is why we design our systems and train our personnel to provide a level of service that remains the standard of our industry. While there is always a risk of systems failure or human error, we are nonetheless concerned that the shipment was detained during Customs processing and not delivered as you expected. Our delivery commitment for international shipments is contingent upon a timely release by the destination country’s Customs authorities, and as Customs is a separate entity from FedEx, the time required for the clearance processing is beyond our control. Our tracking file indicates that U.S. Customs released the shipment on July 5, and the shipment was transferred to the destination. Final delivery was completed at 11:35 a.m. on July 6.

FedEx is genuinely interested in serving your global shipping needs well and in meeting your quality service expectations. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your shipping needs and look forward to serving you more satisfactorily in the future.

Respectfully,
Margaret E. Boyle
Customer Correspondent
I am Magically Delicious.
My Facebook Page
I am WM172G original body now WM172B with WM172 head
Our home has me, Sonja, Shaedra, Xena, Suri, Lady Blue, Shanyrria and Aeleora.
Master's introduction of me
My Journal
Cookie Monsters
Eye Candy Thread
My Phicen Sisters
Image

User avatar
Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Posts: 1124
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Grimmiekins »

fedex always seems to drive past my town a couple times before finally coming to me, UPS seems to come straight to me.

JNK
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:03 am
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by JNK »

I can vouch for this. Poor Jeff had to deal with my panic of it not showing up at the appointed time :mrgreen:



JNK

User avatar
Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:00 am
Location: N.W. PA. in MY house no matter what Chandrelle says.
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Leather by Lee »

Chandrelle Softvale wrote:I have hated fedexit for years. Now that I am buying fantasy dolls for my fantasy collection I hate them even more. Here is a form letter they sent me recently. It does not even address the questions I had regarding the detention and transfer of my last purchase to the FDA for inspection. I had asked why is it detained, who has it, how do I contact them, what are they doing to it, where is it, when will it be released.

I also inquired as to how it made its way to Memphis from the fedexit facility in GUANGZHOU CN without any stops in the Philippines, Japan or Anchorage Alaska. There are no fedexit direct flights from GUANGZHOU CN to Memphis, Tn. USA.

Of course they did not send the letter until after the doll was finally released and already in my possession. Since it is a standard form letter it was useless anyway.

July 8, 2020
Mr. Lee *******
*** ***** Street
******, **. *****
Dear Mr. *******

On behalf of FedEx, I am writing to offer our sincerest regrets for any problems resulting from the late arrival of a June 24 shipment from Huizhou Aoge Enterprise Co. Ltd. in Huizhou, China, traveling under air waybill number ********1405.

FedEx knows that our customers’ loyalty is attributable, in no small part, to our record of reliability. This is why we design our systems and train our personnel to provide a level of service that remains the standard of our industry. While there is always a risk of systems failure or human error, we are nonetheless concerned that the shipment was detained during Customs processing and not delivered as you expected. Our delivery commitment for international shipments is contingent upon a timely release by the destination country’s Customs authorities, and as Customs is a separate entity from FedEx, the time required for the clearance processing is beyond our control. Our tracking file indicates that U.S. Customs released the shipment on July 5, and the shipment was transferred to the destination. Final delivery was completed at 11:35 a.m. on July 6.

FedEx is genuinely interested in serving your global shipping needs well and in meeting your quality service expectations. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your shipping needs and look forward to serving you more satisfactorily in the future.

Respectfully,
Margaret E. Boyle
Customer Correspondent

I hate it when I forget to switch accounts, but I second my dolls opinion.
Image
Chandrelle Softvale is WM172B body #172 head
Shanyrria WM172G with #172 head
Sonja WM172G with #162 head, Xena, WM166C, 159 head
Suri SM Doll blue 156C with #58 head and Lady Blue SM Doll blue 163A #64 head
7th doll has been banned by TDF
Dolls alive thread, Eye Candy thread, Phicen Thread, The girl's Facebook Page, Our Facebook group, Amateur Cosplay Dolls and more

User avatar
Fryevia
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:43 am
Contact:

Re: What would you tell a newbie about tracking on FEDEX?

Post by Fryevia »

I would tell them not to trust the "scheduled delivery" date/time until they see the status changed to "out for delivery".

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is certain until the package is in my hands.
Lillian - Sino-doll 162cm @lillianthedoll | Lillian - First impression | Lillian - Photo thread
Asuka - Gynoid Model 14 @EVAsuka02 | Asuka - Photo thread

Post Reply

INFORMATIONS