Diehard 6YE fanboy!

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by LoversJD »

Hello,

I got some permatex 81730 on the way.

I have a small 65cm silicone doll which has a small tear! (I was being a little enthusiastic with testing the movement and possessions of the doll)

Is it okay to use a cotton bud to wipe the glue around the tear and then the clean end to wipe away any glue when closing the tear?
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You need put glue in the tear not around. Use the cotton bud to clean the tear with acetone inside the cut. Appply a small amount of glue in the cut itself push the legs together and wipe away any that oozes out with a q tip.
Leave for several hours
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

SofaKing wrote:
samara78 wrote:I have never done an oral mod on any doll. I don't have a pecker so never felt the need to. Try asking those guys directly. Also depends on the size of head you have.

Yes, I remember seeing them refer to you as her early in the thread.

I plan on getting a 170cm, but without being grotesque I'll say I'm an oversize for standard vag inserts, and the fact that the oral cavity is built in, and not removable, is a concern for me, pre-order.

I'm basically I'm asking you if you forsee any type of cutting into the fiberglass skull of the doll head and gluing it back might damage the TPE over it once its put back in place, in the long term.
You would have to mod the skull i suspect.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

samara78 wrote:You need put glue in the tear not around. Use the cotton bud to clean the tear with acetone inside the cut. Appply a small amount of glue in the cut itself push the legs together and wipe away any that oozes out with a q tip.
Leave for several hours
That's what I meant to say! The acetone and glue arrived Yesterday and I done what you said last night 02am GMT. I will report back after the 24hrs, thanks for your advice.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

LoversJD wrote:
samara78 wrote:You need put glue in the tear not around. Use the cotton bud to clean the tear with acetone inside the cut. Appply a small amount of glue in the cut itself push the legs together and wipe away any that oozes out with a q tip.
Leave for several hours
That's what I meant to say! The acetone and glue arrived Yesterday and I done what you said last night 02am GMT. I will report back after the 24hrs, thanks for your advice.
Awesome sauce.can't wait. Please share before and after pics if you can.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

samara78 wrote:
LoversJD wrote:
Leave for several hours
Unfortunately I set out to do the repair before thinking about taking a picture. I messed up though - but not in a huge way.

I put a small amount and closed the tear, however, 24hrs later it was only half fixed (I put too little). I have now just touched it up abit with more glue because I thought it would just tear again if I didn't.

Back in another 24hrs :roll:

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:Like i said you can if need be send the part overnight shipping anytime. Hopefully our phone "pow wow" helped you out some.
Jeff got me the part and I got it yesterday. I installed it today and torqued the nuts down to the desired point where the leg poses as "stiffly" as the other. I am waiting for the glue so I can patch her up.

The tools I used to fix her are:
3/4" box wrench
8mm Allen wrench
9/16" socket
3/8" drive ratchet

I also used locking nuts on the bolts to ensure they don't back out over time. I had to buy another bolt and nut for where the leg attaches to the u-joint.

The bolt was welded in place, so all I had to do was insert the washers and thread the locking nut onto the bolt then tighten with 3/4" wrench. That was a real pain to do as the nut kept falling out of place as I turned the u-joint to get it threaded. Once I got it threaded, I was okay. I then attached the leg and used the 8mm Allen wrench and ratchet w/ 9/16" socket on locking nut and torqued it down to the desired point. I then tested the joint and tightened the 3/4" nut to the desired point. I then tested the leg movement both forward/backward as well as outward/inward to ensure it's the way it should be. I then used mineral oil to clean up her hip and leg.

The hip is a mess, at least to me. I have a 4" gash where she was cut open; part of that 4" is where it ripped 1" at 45 degrees. She's going to have a minor scar there due to the drill catching part of her thigh last week, but it's nothing serious. The main thing is she's fixed. I hope this gets bookmarked for anyone who needs this info in the future; I can't be the only one who has had or will have this problem.

At least I didn't have to go through her inner thigh to tighten the nut. That would have been messy.

Thank you, Samara, for your guidance and support. And thank you, Jeff, for your support and your assistance getting me the part and the glue.
IMG_20180213_190244[1].jpg
IMG_20180213_190244[1].jpg (832.41 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

LoversJD wrote:
samara78 wrote:
LoversJD wrote:
Leave for several hours
Unfortunately I set out to do the repair before thinking about taking a picture. I messed up though - but not in a huge way.

I put a small amount and closed the tear, however, 24hrs later it was only half fixed (I put too little). I have now just touched it up abit with more glue because I thought it would just tear again if I didn't.

Back in another 24hrs :roll:
Good work! Safer to put too little instead of too much.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stepford_CT wrote:
samara78 wrote:Like i said you can if need be send the part overnight shipping anytime. Hopefully our phone "pow wow" helped you out some.
Jeff got me the part and I got it yesterday. I installed it today and torqued the nuts down to the desired point where the leg poses as "stiffly" as the other. I am waiting for the glue so I can patch her up.

The tools I used to fix her are:
3/4" box wrench
8mm Allen wrench
9/16" socket
3/8" drive ratchet

I also used locking nuts on the bolts to ensure they don't back out over time. I had to buy another bolt and nut for where the leg attaches to the u-joint.

The bolt was welded in place, so all I had to do was insert the washers and thread the locking nut onto the bolt then tighten with 3/4" wrench. That was a real pain to do as the nut kept falling out of place as I turned the u-joint to get it threaded. Once I got it threaded, I was okay. I then attached the leg and used the 8mm Allen wrench and ratchet w/ 9/16" socket on locking nut and torqued it down to the desired point. I then tested the joint and tightened the 3/4" nut to the desired point. I then tested the leg movement both forward/backward as well as outward/inward to ensure it's the way it should be. I then used mineral oil to clean up her hip and leg.

The hip is a mess, at least to me. I have a 4" gash where she was cut open; part of that 4" is where it ripped 1" at 45 degrees. She's going to have a minor scar there due to the drill catching part of her thigh last week, but it's nothing serious. The main thing is she's fixed. I hope this gets bookmarked for anyone who needs this info in the future; I can't be the only one who has had or will have this problem.

At least I didn't have to go through her inner thigh to tighten the nut. That would have been messy.

Thank you, Samara, for your guidance and support. And thank you, Jeff, for your support and your assistance getting me the part and the glue.
IMG_20180213_190244[1].jpg
No lost tpe. Thanks for the additional info. Clean her with oil and wet wipes til clean. You will need to use the glue in small stages. It will make an almost unnoticable scar if done well.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

LoversJD wrote:Hello,

I got some permatex 81730 on the way.

I have a small 65cm silicone doll which has a small tear! (I was being a little enthusiastic with testing the movement and possessions of the doll)

Is it okay to use a cotton bud to wipe the glue around the tear and then the clean end to wipe away any glue when closing the tear?
It was no good. The adhesive turned into like a jelly hold and would stretch, however, after a stress test. It just came out and the tear has gotten bigger! Does this mean my only option is Sil-proxy? I need to pay £20+ for a sachet in the UK. The stuff is more valuable than Gold it seems!

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Liz_xxx

Post by Liz_xxx »

LoversJD

Read this thread :

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... r&start=30

I've used Wacker E43 to good effect on JM and Sanhui silicone. It was £20 from Germany on ebay.UK but the tube is large unlike silpoxy

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Liz_xxx wrote:LoversJD

Read this thread :

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... r&start=30

I've used Wacker E43 to good effect on JM and Sanhui silicone. It was £20 from Germany on ebay.UK but the tube is large unlike silpoxy
Alright, I will try E43 then. Thanks and I will tell you how it went.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Maxie
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Maxie »

What’s up doc? :)

I apologize if someone has already asked this, but I am curious about jewelry. Is jewelry held to the same guidelines as dark clothes, etc. to prevent staining/affecting the doll negatively? Is there a certain type of jewelry I should be using with TPE such as surgical steel, sterling silver, etc. and are there any forms of jewelry I should avoid such as gold, etc.?

Thank you very much for any assistance!

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

An update on the repair I did on my doll.

The TPE glue on her hip has held. I had to use a drop of "crazy glue" in two spots that would not seal otherwise and it worked out great.

The nut, however, worked itself loose almost immediately. Instead of re-opening the hip, I went through the rectum and cut the inner TPE to get to the nut. I tightened it again with no lasting results.

I then used LocTite to hold the nut secure once it was tightened. It didn't work. The leg went loose after three motions. Yes, the LocTite is blue and yes, I was super-careful not to get any on the doll's outside.

I then used JB Weld. I put JB Weld on the inside of the nut as well as on the bolt. I let it set for 24 hours. Again, after three motions, the leg was loose. After about three weeks, the leg had "play" in it meaning there was slack between the nut and the u-joint.

Yesterday, I removed the nut and found the JB Weld did NOT dry normally. Instead of drying in a solid clump, it was grainy and broke apart into granules as I removed the nut. JB Weld is not supposed to act this way. I can only conclude that the TPE and lack of air kept the JB Weld from curing properly.

After removing the nut, I inserted the split lock washer and managed to get the nut on and used a 19mm socket to tighten it down. After three motions, the leg was loose again. I then tightened it again as hard as I could tighten it, keeping in mind that the bolt head will snap if too much torque is applied. The split lock washer is supposed to apply back pressure against the nut thus preventing the nut from reversing. However, since the bolt has to allow for free rotation, moving the leg may in itself be causing the nut to loosen. If the u-joint is JB Welded to the nut, the nut will have to loosen and tighten as the leg is moved in order to allow leg movement.

By loose, I mean the leg goes limp. This limpness interferes with her sitting as she needs a back support to keep from falling off of a bar stool. I didn't have this problem before her hip joint broke. I may have no choice but to continually tighten the nut every few weeks if the split lock washer doesn't do its job. At least she can stand again.

INFORMATIONS