Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by Pumpster »

So my doll obsession got worse and I got myself a DS145. Immediately I bumped into this famous "tear at the top of the vagina opening"-issue when putting insert in. I tried to fix it and wiped the area clean with acetone first, then fabric mesh inside at the top came loose as if acetone dissolved glue holding it in place or something. I wonder what glue DS uses as I don't think acetone should dissolve silicone glue. Now I just let Permatex cure for 24hr and hope for the best, rainy day and humidity in air so it should help the glue.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You want to make sure after an acetone wipe not to touch with bare hands or latex gloves as that comprimises the cleanliness of the pre prepped area.
Permatex is brilliant on d.s dolls. The texture after just enough has been applied is perfect.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

nogamenolife wrote:Hi samara

I was wanting to ask u a few questions. Tho they aren't repair questions.
Was wondering the best room temperature to have for the doll. Where I live it can get pretty hot. If plan nail glue and eyelash glue are fine to use.
I don't think i noticed this question before.

We had 98% high temps in Detroit recently. I didn't want to answer this one til i was sure. 85 degrees fer seemed fine. But up into the 90+ temps and whatever she may be wearing may leave an impression on the dolls skin. So in hot temps ,store her nude with her arms spread out slightly from the body.

The way she comes in the box is not how she is pulled from the mold. I will post pics soon of how you should store her.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Update on my wm doll 100 cm. I took her wrist but left the fingerwires inside. I will post some pics in a bit. Molded a palm plate. Her fingers are still nice.
Will be doing something different for the other hand. Kylee is a real trooper when it comes to this stuff:)

So bright and happy of a doll.
Will be tightening her knee soon.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I found what i will need to complete rileys wrist the right way.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Now for repairing the broken silidoll i have in shop here.
She only took an hourvand a half to fix. It was quite imposable to get pics,as this doll is solid tpe down to the skeleton.

The neck hasn't gone yet but is on the way out. I am just going to fix the neck on straight. I will be posting about her Her repairs what i used to fix her with before too long.

Now she can sit up just fine. I believe the weld failed due to the waist being overtightened. I did not loosen the waist up at all.
The tpe....
This is some very soft tpe. I had a hard time making a cut in her. Wound up barely getting a pinhole after using a soaped brand new exacto blade. I had to finish cutting with a clean, large pair of scissors. It came out pretty clean and sealed up well with the little pot of tpe glue and a small metal spatula.

Tools i needed
Metal band clamps
J.b weld putty
A screw driver

Highest grade of isopropyl "rubbing alcohol that you can find.
Cotton pads.
Nitrile gloves
Toothpicks
Tpe glue.
And a very small metal spatula

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is a pretty doll and i know she will be happy to find a new home. She is too heavy for me to enjoy

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

samara78 wrote:

Was wondering the best room temperature to have for the doll. Where I live it can get pretty hot. If plan nail glue and eyelash glue are fine to use.

We had 98% high temps in Detroit recently. I didn't want to answer this one til i was sure. 85 degrees fer seemed fine. But up into the 90+ temps and whatever she may be wearing may leave an impression on the dolls skin. So in hot temps ,store her nude with her arms spread out slightly from the body.

The way she comes in the box is not how she is pulled from the mold. I will post pics soon of how you should store her.
Thank you for your reply. During summer we easily hit 113 with 100% humidity. I will keep the AC going for her during these times to help out

Thanks again

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

nogamenolife wrote:
samara78 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. During summer we easily hit 113 with 100% humidity. I will keep the AC going for her during these times to help out

Thanks again
I noticed not all tpe is equal in the amount of high temps they can take. I have a wm doll and aanother newer brand. The wm can take more heat then the newer brand doll.
If i ever get other brands of tpe i will compare them as well.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

samara78 wrote:You want to make sure after an acetone wipe not to touch with bare hands or latex gloves as that comprimises the cleanliness of the pre prepped area.
Permatex is brilliant on d.s dolls. The texture after just enough has been applied is perfect.
Permatex seem to be holding well indeed, top of the vagina opening teared immediately at first when I spread her legs a little but now there are no signs of tearing anymore and she has spread her legs couple of times :D

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:
samara78 wrote:You want to make sure after an acetone wipe not to touch with bare hands or latex gloves as that comprimises the cleanliness of the pre prepped area.
Permatex seem to be holding well indeed, top of the vagina opening teared immediately at first when I spread her legs a little but now there are no signs of tearing anymore and she has spread her legs couple of times :D
Excellent to hear pumster. In my opinion the mini is an art model. Permatex is the best on ds silicone. Sounds like you prepped properly and carried out .

I meant to say NO LATEX gloves only nitrile or poly gloves.
Please post a pic of your wonderful repair job.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Sam, I have a problem getting hold of Permatex in the UK. What specific label has it got so I can try to get it from the US? Thanks, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You can also use an rtv food grade silicone.
Windshield silicone sealant like from your auto parts store. You can sometimes find them on ebay.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thanks samara, I did try for some of those products a few weeks ago but there isn't so much readily available like you have in the States. By the way, don't you ever sleep?
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

samara78 wrote:Excellent to hear pumster. In my opinion the mini is an art model. Permatex is the best on ds silicone. Sounds like you prepped properly and carried out .

I meant to say NO LATEX gloves only nitrile or poly gloves.
Please post a pic of your wonderful repair job.
Yes, I noticed that mini isn't very good for sex that one time I tried so she has been resting about whole time I've owned her and now her side cut is curing after spine joint operation. But now I'm again fixing vagina opening of DS145 that I bought for intimate use, that mesh inside is really poorly attached (I guess it was monday at DS quality control department) because now it detached from the side near the opening while I was inserting the sleeve. I put more Permatex inside around the opening to hold the mesh in place and let it cure too. I just hope that rest of the doll is that famously excellent DS quality and I don't need to be fixing broken joint next just like with the mini...

I tried to take a pic but my Samsung phone is really bad at close up pics because it does lousy job at focusing :cry:
hollows+fentiman wrote:Sam, I have a problem getting hold of Permatex in the UK. What specific label has it got so I can try to get it from the US? Thanks, Hollows.
That's strange, because I ordered my Permatex Clear RTV Silicone tube from UK via Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Permatex-8005 ... Sw1x1UN-fp

INFORMATIONS