Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:The circled one is the one i think you are talking about.
The other one has to come out fit a viable replacement which means you would have to cut down from the hip to the knee and undo it if you even can. This kind of repair runs into the 500 dollar range.
I removed the broken bolt and the two black washers. I went to the hardware store and got a 5/32 drill bit, a 5/32 tapper, and a 12mm bolt w/same thread and proper length as well as a 8mm allen wrench. I positioned the thigh assy to where the broken bolt inside the nut is facing me. I plan to use my drill and remove the broken bolt from the nut. I will then realign the assembly so that I can run the new bolt through the downward pelvic post's eyehole and screw the bolt into the nut on the thigh assembly. This will have to be done with a second incision in the inner thigh using a socket wrench w/extension and u-joint behind the socket. Then I will use the glue Jeff is sending me to seal the incisions and she will be as good as new.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:That has to be tapped out it is welded inside.
How long have you had her?
Who did you get her from?
You will need to shear the bolt off with a dremmel.
And pray it isn't welded on the inside of the shaft it came out of?
The left one.
I got her from Jeff Nov 2016.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Stepford_CT wrote:
The left one.
If you can't handle the repair you can send her in just pay shipping.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

samara78 wrote:The circled one is the one i think you are talking about.
The other one has to come out fit a viable replacement which means you would have to cut down from the hip to the knee and undo it if you even can. This kind of repair runs into the 500 dollar range.

That is the one!

viewtopic.php?p=1255472#p1255472

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:
The left one.
The head of the bolt is where the threads are in the pic above (left circle)f The nut is embedded in the assembly (right circle). I have removed the broken bolt and the two washers from the downward post sleeve. Using a 8mm allen wrench and small adjustable wrench, I have loosened the assembly (right circle) and rotated it to where I can use a tapper to remove the broken bolt inside the nut.

The only way to reattach the leg is to go through the doll's inner thigh and screw the bolt in once I rotate the assembly back to its original position. There is no way to get a socket wrench, or any wrench, to that spot from the outside. I will then need to use the TPE glue Jeff is kindly sending me to seal the incisions.

I've tried taking photos, but I only have two hands and everything is fighting against me when I try to snap a pic.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You are doing awesome. You got it Stepford!
The gluing will be important too.
Before you glue clean her up with baby oil at the cut. Massage it in real good wipe away excess with a wetwipe til clean. Then happy gluing
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:
Stepford_CT wrote:
The left one.
PM me your address. I tried drilling out the broken bolt with no luck.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You may need a dremmel to finish this doll. I have had great luck with using it. Got it at harbour freight on the cheap. I sent you my address just in case.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

I removed the u-joint part and took it to several hardware places to see if they had anything like it. None did; they kept asking what it went to. At Lowe's (mega-hardware store), the girl asked, "What's it off of?" I said, "It is the thigh bone to a $2000 sex doll." She had a blank look on her face; she couldn't tell if I was kidding or if I was serious. She didn't say anything else after that and went and got a male associate who told me they didn't have anything like that.

I went to Walmart and bought a Dremel and a diamond bit cutter and plan to shear off the weld from the bolt and remove the bolt from the u-joint. I will then remount the u-joint on the downward pelvic post using two ratchets (one will have to go through the inner thigh). I have a self-locking nut for that bolt. I will then reattach the leg to the u-joint and use Loctite to keep that joint from coming loose once I tighten it to specs.

One of the places I went to was an engineering firm that does fabrication. The man told me it was stainless steel and that he was surprised the bolt snapped; he said the weld spots should have broken instead of the bolt. He suggested it was a substandard bolt. He also said I may not want to pay what he would charge to fabricate this part.

In the event this doesn't work, I guess she'll be handicapped. I will keep you posted.
IMG_20180201_182326.jpg
IMG_20180201_182326.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2260 times
IMG_20180201_184345.jpg
IMG_20180201_184345.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 2260 times
IMG_20180201_184404.jpg
IMG_20180201_184404.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2260 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Like i said you can if need be send the part overnight shipping anytime. Hopefully our phone "pow wow" helped you out some.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:Like i said you can if need be send the part overnight shipping anytime. Hopefully our phone "pow wow" helped you out some.
Thank you, Samara.

I wish you could have seen the look on the girl's face at Lowes, especially after you said they'd laugh at me if I told them what it came off of. But I figured, "what the hell" and told her. After all, we doll lovers know the advantages of a doll vs a woman and my doll wouldn't have a problem getting in bed with me whereas the girl at Lowes might.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Lol.

SofaKing
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SofaKing »

Greetings doc! I just spent an hour and half skimming through this thread! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us!

If you havent already, Please, give your thoughts on the current mouth/oral modification methods detailed on this forum?

I am specifically interested in the skull modification one here (https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5#p1210915) consisting of opening/enlarging the head hole chamber to relieve pressure in the narrow oral column and prevent eyes bulging during deep usage, if you know what I mean :arrow: :whistle:

But I also know others will also benefit from your reaction to other method detailed here (https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 0#p1194910 that attempts to install jaw hinge and aftermarket tongue for better accessibility during frenching, although I suspect a side effect is it ruptures the built in oral chamber completely.

Sidenote, you should do this kind of mods in your shop, I'd appreciate and pay extra for this kind of valuable upgrade done professionally.
Diehard 6YE fanboy!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I have never done an oral mod on any doll. I don't have a pecker so never felt the need to. Try asking those guys directly. Also depends on the size of head you have.

SofaKing
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SofaKing »

samara78 wrote:I have never done an oral mod on any doll. I don't have a pecker so never felt the need to. Try asking those guys directly. Also depends on the size of head you have.

Yes, I remember seeing them refer to you as her early in the thread.

I plan on getting a 170cm, but without being grotesque I'll say I'm an oversize for standard vag inserts, and the fact that the oral cavity is built in, and not removable, is a concern for me, pre-order.

I'm basically I'm asking you if you forsee any type of cutting into the fiberglass skull of the doll head and gluing it back might damage the TPE over it once its put back in place, in the long term.
Diehard 6YE fanboy!

INFORMATIONS