Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by samara78 »

Clear rtv silicone. That is the one to use for dsdolls.
Repaired a ds thigh. It came out beautiful and not rough.
Attachments
20160721_011559.jpg
20160721_011559.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 3517 times
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:
hollows+fentiman wrote:I do have SilPoxy but haven't received my new parts from DS yet so haven't even opened the tube yet!
And what I understand opened Sil-Poxy tube is good for up to a year if stored properly in fridge? I'd hate to buy expensive little tube and then most of it just goes bad when not needed much. I recall reading from somewhere that some dude had kept his opened Sil-Poxy tube in a sealed jar containing acetone and it stayed good in there for many years and didn't cure inside the tube.
Depends on how you keep the tube. Some go bad real quick, others last a real long time. The permatex holds up real well.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thanks samara78!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

:deadhorse:
samara78 wrote:
Pumpster wrote:
hollows+fentiman wrote:I do have SilPoxy but haven't received my new parts from DS yet so haven't even opened the tube yet!
And what I understand opened Sil-Poxy tube is good for up to a year if stored properly in fridge? I'd hate to buy expensive little tube and then most of it just goes bad when not needed much. I recall reading from somewhere that some dude had kept his opened Sil-Poxy tube in a sealed jar containing acetone and it stayed good in there for many years and didn't cure inside the tube.
Depends on how you keep the tube. Some go bad real quick, others last a real long time. The permatex holds up real well.
Any tips/tricks to keeping permatex from curing in the tube? Havent opened mine yet and would prefer it stay intact if I have to use it to do further repairs.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Permatex will last a long while. Just tape the cap and wrap in ziploc bag with the air pulled out.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Is this the same for SilPoxy and is it better to keep it in the fridge?

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Sil poxy needs to be double bagged and stowed in the fridge not so much for the permatex.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks "doc"!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

No problem dude.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

So I bought Permatex Clear RTV Silicone and tested it on small sample I cut from inside the minidoll. After 12 hours it seems to withstand stretching pretty good but eventually peels off from DS silicone. It holds much better than other clear silicone I tried which came right off. Maybe it holds the cut at the side of the doll closed OK as there's no much stretching going on but I can't imagine fixing tear in any stretching place like vagina hole. Maybe I did it wrong, now try clean the piece again extra careful with isopropyl alcohol and let it cure for 24 hours...

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hmmm! That's worrying! I know I've tried all sorts of silicone sealers and adhesives before and nothing seemed to have worked. DS recommended basically what others have been using (SilPoxy and Permatex windshield sealant) as their carriers won't take what they use out of China! Maybe DS Europe or DS USA could help here? They might be able to supply the 'proper' adhesive.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:So I bought Permatex Clear RTV Silicone and tested it on small sample I cut from inside the minidoll. After 12 hours it seems to withstand stretching pretty good but eventually peels off from DS silicone. It holds much better than other clear silicone I tried which came right off. Maybe it holds the cut at the side of the doll closed OK as there's no much stretching going on but I can't imagine fixing tear in any stretching place like vagina hole. Maybe I did it wrong, now try clean the piece again extra careful with isopropyl alcohol and let it cure for 24 hours...
Did you clean both sides to be glued with acetone? It is important not to forget that step! Permatex flowable windshield silicone caulk. There are few types of permatex.

Acetone is what you clean her area to be cleaned with. It is the only thing that allows the silicone to adhere with the glue .
Clean the parts to be glued together with ACETONE/NAIL POLISH REMOVER ONLY!
Alow a little dry time. Then go ahead and apply a thin.

If having to do it a second time gently wipe off uncured silicone with your finger then clean with acetone. Let dry glue again . pin shut or seran use your best judgement

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Hmmm! That's worrying! I know I've tried all sorts of silicone sealers and adhesives before and nothing seemed to have worked. DS recommended basically what others have been using (SilPoxy and Permatex windshield sealant) as their carriers won't take what they use out of China! Maybe DS Europe or DS USA could help here? They might be able to supply the 'proper' adhesive.
You will do just fine as long as you do the proper prep work.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

samara78 wrote:Did you clean both sides to be glued with acetone? It is important not to forget that step! Permatex flowable windshield silicone caulk. There are few types of permatex.

This should be the right stuff? Would acetone be better for cleaning surfaces than isopropyl alcohol?
Edit: OK, I think I must "borrow" some acetone from work then...

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Pumpster wrote:
samara78 wrote:Did you clean both sides to be glued with acetone? It is important not to forget that step! Permatex flowable windshield silicone caulk. There are few types of permatex.

This should be the right stuff? Would acetone be better for cleaning surfaces than isopropyl alcohol?
Edit: OK, I think I must "borrow" some acetone from work then...
Acetone is the only way to go. If you are repairing silicone acetone is the best prepping for it. Do Not use latex gloves use vinyl or nitrile gloves. Touching the cut after prepping or using latex gloves is not recommended. You can buy acetone in the local pharmacy/beauty supply/ dollar store.
In the nail care isle. If you are stateside it is easy to come by

INFORMATIONS