Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Ask the docs.

Post by samara78 »

Answering most of your doll repair related questions. I'm here to lend a hand. If you have bought a doll from booty call dolls. And even if you haven't please feel free to come and ask me here. If you need doll help , or repair advice ask it on this thread. I will be very happy to assist you.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Andy-74

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by Andy-74 »

Hi Samara, nice to have you helping our sweet dolls here.

Something has happened my Shanon ( WM155 TPE ) armpit. I have ordered TPE glue from my wendor, but havent got it yet. If i close her arm, all "holes" disappear and armpit looks ok. I hope i can repair this with glue?
Can i use make up remover, or what is the best cleaning area before operation?
All help is wellcome.

Thx.
Attachments
IMG_3251.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 13750 times
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 13750 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You have to clean with(isopropyl) rubbing alcohol first. When the tpe glue/solvent comes you have to put the arm back in the position it looks best in. Put just a small small amount on the end of a toothpick wipe the excess off back into the jar.
Make sure you can just barely see the gap. Smear the glue solvent over half of the injury. Close the arm around it in the good looking resting position and leave for 24 hours. When you go back the next day you can finish the other half.
One question though. How were you leaving her resting or posed when this damage occured?
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Andy-74

Post by Andy-74 »

Hi Samara and thank you for your reply.
I dont know exact time when this occured. Most of time my doll is resting on her back, hands closed near her body ( same position like she was shipped from vendor ). Few times i have slept night on her side and this damaged armpit has been all night like it is those pictures, maybe that is reason for this occur?
My poor sweet doll, sniif :(

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

She will be ok. When she is not in use. Her armpit should not be touching her body. Her arms would have been splayed some as well as the legs. Out of the factory they come with their arms and legs spread out of the mold. Let her rest for a whole day after you operate. Test the glue/solvent on a cut scrap odf tpe to learn the amount you will need for repair. Too much will melt your sweetie.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Have you been able to get anything done with her? I have started a thread for a tpe lady doll that is coming in shop in a couple of days. Keep your eyes peeled

Andy-74

Post by Andy-74 »

Hi Samara.
I got a glue, but have had no time for her repair yet. Maybe later this week.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Fantastic my pleasure. We can repair our dolls together. Yay

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Like i said we can do our repairs at the same time.
This is a beautiful doll a caring member sent my way. Hopefully i can do her good justice she was well cared for and loved. Very clean sleek and pretty.
She needs some repair will only post the results after i am finished with the reapairs have a look! ;)
Attachments
QuickMemo+_2016-07-18-23-06-11~2.jpg
QuickMemo+_2016-07-18-23-06-11~2.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 13451 times
QuickMemo+_2016-07-18-23-04-37~2.jpg
QuickMemo+_2016-07-18-23-04-37~2.jpg (59.47 KiB) Viewed 13452 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

samara78 wrote:You have to clean with(isopropyl) rubbing alcohol first. When the tpe glue/solvent comes you have to put the arm back in the position it looks best in. Put just a small small amount on the end of a toothpick wipe the excess off back into the jar.
Make sure you can just barely see the gap. Smear the glue solvent over half of the injury. Close the arm around it in the good looking resting position and leave for 24 hours. When you go back the next day you can finish the other half.
One question though. How were you leaving her resting or posed when this damage occured?
Should have said into the cut not over the cut. Sorry about that.

Andy-74

Post by Andy-74 »

Hi Samara.
Shanon is still waiting her operation.

Trying to do some work at my office, but somehow i cant focus property. Shanon might know reason...
Sorry my poor lightning and camera.
Attachments
IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 13425 times
IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG (950.41 KiB) Viewed 13425 times

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Andy-74 wrote:I dont know exact time when this occured. Most of time my doll is resting on her back, hands closed near her body ( same position like she was shipped from vendor ). Few times i have slept night on her side and this damaged armpit has been all night like it is those pictures, maybe that is reason for this occur?
My girl is getting the same kind of damage on just one armpit, but it seems to be from lifting her arms up to dress her...it stretches the TPE too much if you do it often. You didn't harm her, that shit just happens

Awesome to see a thread like this Samara, you've always been so helpful

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Oh shucks thanks zak. My repairs on the riley doll i was gifted with are going well. She came bare bones for the shipping fee of 50 bucks.

Andy-74

Post by Andy-74 »

Hi Zak.
Thank you for your reply.
Nice to know i'm not alone with this. Do you have wm doll ?
I did my first glue repair, i will post tomorrow how it went.
Yours, Andy.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Awesome Andy! Keep us posted. The doll i recieved is doing beautifully. I will post pics of her wrists when time permits.

INFORMATIONS