The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

We turn dreams into reality!
Zaborg

Re: The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

Post by Zaborg »

nogamenolife wrote:
Robert Lloyd wrote:At the risk of sounding extremely lazy, I'm wondering why more people don't just order silicon dolls.
Am I wrong in assuming silicon has nowhere near the maintenance requirements?
About the same actually. most difference is the babyoil rub down. All dolls collect dust. So all dolls need to be washed regularly.
I thought you weren't supposed to use oils on silicone. Just wash with water and apply baby powder.

High Country

Post by High Country »

Zaborg wrote:
nogamenolife wrote:
Robert Lloyd wrote:At the risk of sounding extremely lazy, I'm wondering why more people don't just order silicon dolls.
Am I wrong in assuming silicon has nowhere near the maintenance requirements?
About the same actually. most difference is the babyoil rub down. All dolls collect dust. So all dolls need to be washed regularly.
I thought you weren't supposed to use oils on silicone. Just wash with water and apply baby powder.
That is just what he is saying - that the main difference in the care is you use baby oil on TPE, not on silicone

Zaborg

Post by Zaborg »

Sounds like significant less maintenance then.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Newer TPE formulas require far less oil treatments these days. Mine's down to only 3 or 4 times a year. Tell you what though, it's something I really look forward to and would greatly miss if I had another type of doll. :D

explorer235
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by explorer235 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:There are exactly 3 important aspects with a new TPE doll.

1. Removal of production residues (release agent + residual aromatic hydrocarbons during casting)
wash the doll 5-6 times / as long as there is no chemical smell left

2. Thin mineral oil treatment
because we washed the doll several times and mineral oil also binds remaining production residues inside the TPE structure

3. Thick powdering and the doll rests for the whole night with that thick powder cover
powder works in addition to soak out remaining production residues that are now bond in the fresh mineral oil

Do not soak in a tub
Love,
The BCD Girls
Nyoko and Megan
Great guide Jeff.

BTW, if there is still a chemical smell/aromatic hydrocarbons, does that mean I failed to do enough washing? Should I wash her a second time, or just apply more oil and corn starch?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Wash wash wash
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

As a new owner I would like to make an Addition to this post due to finding problems that arn't in the OP and a few extras.
(1st pic below)
1.Any microfiber towels you use should be nice and soft. And are a good alternative to a sponge. As is a washcloth so long as you are gentle. I found that car detailing MF towels are quite good for this.

2. Get yourself a container for your baby powder. Makes getting it on the brush so much easier.

3. Separate spray bottles. For cleaning I have 2. One with my soapy water mix and one thats just water (bottled water if your tap water isn't the best) Be careful around the metal of your doll. Don't let water or soapy water sit on it to long.

4. Try your best to get unscented baby oil

5. same with your baby powder.

6. I use a mix of hand soap and dawn antibacterial soap. Works great when I was first days washing my doll.

7. The is one I don't see anywhere. Get yourself a small spray bottle for your baby oil. Using the actual bottle of baby oil to do your oiling is a lesson in futility. Much easier to spray it on before rubbing it in. Also makes it easier to apply if you plan on using it as Lube.

8. (2nd picture My YL150 doll all oiled up) And lastly. I found that the hanging rig made cleaning/oiling/powdering a much easier endeavor. You can spin your doll around as you go and get everything at once at any angle. Instead of doing one side then having to flip her over. As I found. Dolls are heavy. If she is hanging and you see you missed a spot its an easy fix. Not so much with the flip method. Just make sure that when spinning your doll you are not getting to the end of the threads on the hanging rig. Last thing you need is you doll falling on the floor when all oiled up.

Now when it comes to cleaning the head. All the above in the OP works well but Id like to add something here. The eyes of your doll are nothing more than plastic in a lens shape and some cotton behind them. I personally took my dolls eyes out and cleaned in those areas as well. Remember, there is nothing sealing the eye sockets. So any water and oil that got in there is still in there. I'd hate for someones doll head getting filled with mold for not knowing this. Just be careful. I don't plan on doing this all that often as I don't want to find out how to put on eye lashes.

I found in another thread. When it comes to insert vaginas if properly cleaned and oiled. you can put in the insert and leave it there. (Totally up to you tho) And also having a dowel of some kind. Made of plastic. Or a cooking spoon handle makes getting the insert in there much easier. And ensure you use alot of baby oil.
Thread in question> https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 67&t=87073
BH5432

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Most of these dolls will come with a vaginal heater.
We only suggest using these if you are RIGHT BY your dolls just in case the cord melts.
Yes, we were told by someone that happened.
Love,
Takara
Attachments
100_6418.jpg
100_6418.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Okay pardon the fng here Yes I read the guide and looked along the responses and I may have missed the question BUT She arrived today. Wee lass has been through the car wash a few times (didn't get the hot wax treatment). I oiled her accordingly but by the time I got from tippy toes to neck it looked like the oil had been absorbed from tummy down (no shine n' sticky). So the question is do I continue to do oiling until she looks a bit shiny longer than a few minutes and let her rest like that for a night or do I powder her now and repeat the process tomorrow? AND isn't there always an And. How does one tell when they've over oiled? Thanks and sorry to bother y'all.

DefineReality
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DefineReality »

Awesome guide!

I am so glad I found it. Now I have a much better idea of how to prepare for arrival.

Thank you so much for putting this together!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Do not make it more complex than it needs to be if you decide to do this.
It is a suggestion that some people swear by and other do not.
Each doll is different, but in short...

The first day of your TPE doll is the most important day.
Wash the doll 5-6 times for removing the production residues.
That stuff is unhealthy and you should remove it.
Afterwards do a mineral oil treatment, let it absorb and then do the powdering.
Let the doll rest for the night.
The first mineral oil treatment and powdering are working over night (binding left residues).

Next day, wash off the powder, do the mineral oil treatment again, let it absorb and then again the powdering.
Love,
Gracie and Max, the BCD Girls official mascot and guard dog
Attachments
IMG_3602.JPG
IMG_3602.JPG (101.66 KiB) Viewed 2911 times
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG (111.18 KiB) Viewed 2911 times

jazzbeats5
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by jazzbeats5 »

Excellent tips! Being new to the scene and currently waiting my first doll to arrive, these care and maintenance instructions are invaluable. Without TDF I probably would've just ripped the package open and jumped on my girl without a second thought.

Now I know to wait patiently and take a long cold hard look at the product and prepare it accordingly. Can't thank you and the community enough!

johnkerry1972
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by johnkerry1972 »

Man... I've just tried using the baby oil today it is soooo messy... I sit my girl up on the toilet seat and rub on the baby oil man they are so hard to get off my hands, like grease, couldn't wash it off using soap either...

After I powdered her then it becomes better but still tacky between the fingers.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

johnkerry1972 wrote:Man... I've just tried using the baby oil today it is soooo messy... I sit my girl up on the toilet seat and rub on the baby oil man they are so hard to get off my hands, like grease, couldn't wash it off using soap either...

After I powdered her then it becomes better but still tacky between the fingers.
Sounds like you may have used way too much oil or the doll was not completely clean and the baby oil picked up some residue.

It just takes a thin coat. Also you need to let it absorb completely before powdering. Takes several hours. I usually just let mine set overnight. Never had an issue getting baby oil off my hands. Usually wipes right off with a towel. Don't know what to tell you there; again could have picked up some residue from the doll. At any rate, a little blue Dawn should clean it off.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Thank you very much for this useful information. Being new to the doll world, I had absolutely no idea of the level of care to keep them pristine.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll