My first adoption, Myri - a 6YE 150B, is almost ready!

We turn dreams into reality!
Altblues
Active Poster
Active Poster

My first adoption, Myri - a 6YE 150B, is almost ready!

Post by Altblues »

An introduction of sorts...
My first lady, Myri Amara, is going through finishing school now and is awaiting her journey to her new home in the states.

She’s a 6YE 150B with the X19 face and I think she’s beautiful in the special makeup treatment shown below. She has three sisters joining her as well, all waiting to be named (left to right - N13, N26, and N21), but at least two of them are going to see their Uncle Jeff for a little eye therapy before coming home to me.

A little background on my interest in adopting...
I had been with the same wonderful lady for 27 years, and now widowed for the past five. It doesn’t take long for a man to get used to someone being beside him at home. Apparently, however, it does take a long time to get used to being alone. Even now, years later, it can still be rather difficult, especially at night. I’ve lost so much sleep to those way too long restless and lonely nights. While I have a fantastic girlfriend/fiancé, we usually only see each other on weekends due to various reasons. I had considered adopting for several years, and felt that it might offer me some level of comfort and piece of mind.

Unfortunately my place is a two story with unusually steep stairs and a tight, difficult to maneuver turn near the top. It’s very poorly designed, to say the least. Even my nimble dog has been tripped up from it on more than one occasion, so I decided I would want a lady upstairs to sleep with, and a second one downstairs (lest I take a chance on damaging her or myself lugging her up and down all the time) to watch tv or “socialize” with. I don’t know why I put that in quotes, surely I’m not the only person who talks to their dog.

My adoption process...
After much research, reading reviews on manufacturers and their products, articles on skeletal improvements, what others like and dislike, and who seems reputable, knowledgable, and most helpful, I decided I was ready to begin the adoption process.

Choosing my adoption agency was the easiest - and most important part of the process. After reading things that countless members had said (in other areas of TDF outside of the BCD portion), I had decided early on that I would go with Booty Call Dolls. I exchanged many messages and phone calls with Jeff, always gaining more info and insight, and invaluable advice and things to consider. I cannot imagine anyone else would give the amount of time and effort, and be of such an outstanding resource and sounding board as Jeff has been for me. You have truly earned my deepest appreciation and highest admiration!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...
After careful deliberation and going back and forth many times, I felt the 6YE 150B was an excellent first doll because of the size, weight, sturdy construction and the very well liked ball-jointed skeleton. I went with the b-cup model because I disliked the face so much on one of the more popular photo shoots of the D cup version, and wanted nothing to remind me of that particular doll. It’s funny to me now, because when I started pairing down the faces to choose, I kept skipping that one face until I came across a couple of photo shoots I hadn’t noticed before using that same face that I had previously deemed as unattractive, but sporting a fresh and more sultry look with different makeup and hair. It’s the X19 face shown below, adorning this body as the primary head. Wow. On his website, Jeff tries to emphasize how much difference makeup can make. I’m a believer now. Another surprise was the fact that in selecting 4 heads, the face that I thought was the prettiest initially didn’t even make the final cut. It's still very pretty though, and my next 6YE will likely have it sitting on top. In fairness, I didn’t go for the four prettiest ones, I went for prettiest, sultry, excited, and pensive. I simply didn’t need another pretty face for the moment. I’ve always been interested in photography and am looking forward to enjoying that as a hobby with my soon to be growing stable of ladies.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I just ordered my second doll - a YL155D with the #26 “Rose” head, as well as the new #201 “Elsa” head. The Elsa head was going to go on doll number 3, a WM158D that was almost ordered, but I’m going to give that one at least another day of consideration. Or maybe after Thanksgiving.

Why the last name?
With 4 heads to share on one body (for now) I felt I should name the body in addition to the heads as to me I thought it would be useful, especially for photo purposes. Somehow it didn’t seem right to call each gal by a different name when it’s seemingly 80% the same. Am I getting too into this? :wink:
Myri, my 6YE 150B in flesh color with X19 head.
Myri, my 6YE 150B in flesh color with X19 head.
002.jpg (50.17 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
N13 excited, N26 lovely, N21 pensive.
N13 excited, N26 lovely, N21 pensive.
003.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (43.19 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My first adoption, Myri - a 6YE 150B, is almost ready!

Post by nogamenolife »

Welcome to the family.
So many heads so much makeup :D can't wait to check your photos out

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Congratulations! She’s very cute! A nice selection of faces too!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Altblues
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Altblues »

Thanks Nogame and Adventurer! Yes, I'm actually looking forward to learning how to do the makeup and with different styles, no shortage of test subjects here. I'm much less enthusiastic about doing the hair at this point, however. :) That's where Begog's hard work and fantastic threads will be extremely rewarding for me. And the clothes for this lady, I didn't think about that before (which is why I chose the YL155 for my second selection - much easier to buy for), could be a bit of a challenge.

Birddoll
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Birddoll »

It seems the many factory photos I see never take into consideration any sexy camera angles, moody lighting effects, sexy body positioning or having her showing a little attitude, etc. They are all just straight forward, no frills "here's what your doll looks like" shots. Every doll maker seems to do this and it's tantamount to a photo one might get when being prepped for heart valve surgery.

I know this is just standard procedure, but they aren't really like a new car bumper or lawn mower you just ordered. As sexy as my Toro mower is, I've never considered being intimate with it.

Can't the people in the factories pose them in a more friendly way or maybe put a lollipop in their hand just to make it seem a little less sterile? :razz:

-BirdDoll

Altblues
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Altblues »

Birddoll wrote:It seems the many factory photos I see never take into consideration any sexy camera angles, moody lighting effects, sexy body positioning or having her showing a little attitude, etc. They are all just straight forward, no frills "here's what your doll looks like" shots. Every doll maker seems to do this and it's tantamount to a photo one might get when being prepped for heart valve surgery.

I know this is just standard procedure, but they aren't really like a new car bumper or lawn mower you just ordered. As sexy as my Toro mower is, I've never considered being intimate with it.

Can't the people in the factories pose them in a more friendly way or maybe put a lollipop in their hand just to make it seem a little less sterile? :razz:

-BirdDoll
Man BirdDoll, the visual I had of her sitting there holding a lollipop really had me laughing!

I really don't mind that she's unposed and kind of slouching and twisting in place. Just the fact that the pics are untouched and using natural or normal room lighting seems to be a great indicator of her natural state, with her pretty much looking her worst. I'd probably feel disappointed if they did much more and then I opened the box once I got her and thought she didn't look at least as good as the factory photos.

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

Altblues wrote:Thanks Nogame and Adventurer! Yes, I'm actually looking forward to learning how to do the makeup and with different styles, no shortage of test subjects here. I'm much less enthusiastic about doing the hair at this point, however. :) That's where Begog's hard work and fantastic threads will be extremely rewarding for me. And the clothes for this lady, I didn't think about that before (which is why I chose the YL155 for my second selection - much easier to buy for), could be a bit of a challenge.
please don't mention doing hair to much as my girls hold me down till i say yes to doing there hair. I dont know if you have seen one of my threads before but this might help a little
nogamenolife wrote:
I do all my dolls hair. Most of the wigs are over a year old. It can be hard to take photos while doing there hair, as most times it takes both hands. Here is a quick one Ariana did. I had to re add the photos since photobucket sucks. there are other methods to untangle wigs.

Ariana D wrote:Hi everyone
Nogame spent a lot of time with me today that he ended up falling asleep and leaving his computer wide open. So since he fixed my hair today i decided to help him out and post these photos and try to explain what he was up too :D
he bought these new hair curlers online (secret curls). He knew that 1 wouldn't be enough so he purchased 2 of them. But what he didn't know was that they also come with a ceramic hair waver. Which was a very useful tool. He spent a few nights after work looking for ways to untangle and straighten a full synthetic wig and to perm it too.
These are the tools he used
The Red and Blue thingys are the heated curlers
1 Brush and 1 Comb
and the deep retro glam ceramic waver :lol:

Then we both picked a wig. Since i have so many it was a hard decision. In the top of the photo you can see the front and back of the wig. It is actually not the worse wig I have. But in the bottom left you can see that the comb will never go thru the hair. When combing a wig it is best to use your fingers then a wig brush like the white one starting from the bottom and working your way up. As you can see with the bottom right we have done half the wig, but we used a special way of doing this.

As Nogame found out in his research, That if you use boiling hot water while combing the wig it will untangle a lot easyer. But seeing that he got this free ceramic waver (top right) he tryed using it. What you dont want to do with the waver is leave it in one spot for to long. As it will melt the hair, which is not a good idea. You can also see that it actually takes the frizzy its away too. Even just passing the hair thru the waver faster and more, is better than slow and less. After each pass use a bug brush to help remove the knoted bits. I don't think he really wanted to get the wig wet and have to dry it. In the top left picture you can see that the comb goes thru the hair very easy. In the end (bottom left) you can see the hair is straight and untangled. (bottom right) NoGame is now taking about 1 inch of hair and is gonna use the heated curlers. There are many examples on how to use the magic curlers on you tube.

To try and make the curls better noGame used the ceramic waver on each 1 inch lot of hair to add heat. Then he added the heated magic curlers. He put so many curlers on I thought my head would fall off :P (top pictures) After making dinner and leaving the curlers in my hair for 2hrs he started to take them out.

These are the end results

I really hope this helps everyone out there. BTW he said 1 unit of the hair curlers cost $29 AUD and each unit came with 6 extra curlers and the Deep retro glam ceramic waver :lol:
We are not sure how this works on semi synthetic and real hair wigs
D

google will help you alot.

KJChris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KJChris »

Dude nogamenolife this hair is so F'ing cute. You did this yourself? Im looking forward to doing mine's hair actually. I have no idea how to do it yet though, or make-up. Im really excited about doing my dolls make-up, like really extravagant music festival style. Full face, glitter make-up.
Attachments
cute hair.jpg
cute hair.jpg (197.62 KiB) Viewed 2154 times

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

KJChris wrote:Dude nogamenolife this hair is so F'ing cute. You did this yourself? Im looking forward to doing mine's hair actually. I have no idea how to do it yet though, or make-up. Im really excited about doing my dolls make-up, like really extravagant music festival style. Full face, glitter make-up.
yea i did them myself :D Just followed instruction on you tube :D

This one was my own tho

U will get the hang of make up. just look at pictures and ask google. I think less is best as in dont cake it on and smudge it out. And cus they have open eyes (most of them) its alot easyer

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

I wish i had a hair style fetish like the Zohan...

Altblues
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Altblues »

nogamenolife wrote:
KJChris wrote:Dude nogamenolife this hair is so F'ing cute. You did this yourself? Im looking forward to doing mine's hair actually. I have no idea how to do it yet though, or make-up. Im really excited about doing my dolls make-up, like really extravagant music festival style. Full face, glitter make-up.
yea i did them myself :D Just followed instruction on you tube :D

U will get the hang of make up. just look at pictures and ask google. I think less is best as in dont cake it on and smudge it out. And cus they have open eyes (most of them) its alot easyer
Wow, Nogame, that is really amazing! Great work and photos!

INFORMATIONS