A few words about my BCD experience

We turn dreams into reality!
gottabeme
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

A few words about my BCD experience

Post by gottabeme »

My new doll arrived last night. I just want to point out the incredible level of service I got from Jeff. Not only was he patient and responsive, but he really knows what he's doing! If you're a noob like me you couldn't ask for someone better to work with than Jeff. I had only the vaguest idea of what I wanted and he answered my questions and helped me find a doll I liked. After I'd already placed the order, Doll4ever came out with the Miyuki and I had to have her. Jeff dropped everything in the middle of my first order and got me squared away with my new doll which arrived with all the options and a few extras exactly the way I wanted them. He even removed any references to "Mannequins" from the original box for me, the box I got from him gave no indication of its contents which was important to me. Just an all around great experience!

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: A few words about my BCD experience

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Question-
Was your doll shipped from Jeff or did it ship from China? Your comments seem to indicate the shipment actually went through Jeff rather than directly to you from China (which seems like the status quo for most vendors). If so, does this mean Jeff is inspecting dolls before final delivery to us?
Reason I ask, I sense most vendors are pretty much middlemen and they actually never see the dolls that get shipped to us.
And thus, as vendors they don't do any kind of pre-delivery inspection. Essentially it seems (many) take the money that's added as their commission and it's pretty much for maintaining a website and taking orders. The "special relationship" most of them tout is marketing hyperbola (IE-bs).
I seem to recall there was a vendor who was actually based in China and was doing pre-delivery inspections to stave off dolls being delivered with problems (seems to be happening with WM dolls alot lately), but that vendor has been having rather serious problems getting his orders out after having taken money...
Some clarification would be helpful from either you or the vendor (Jeff).
A USA based vendor who was having dolls shipped to them from China, then performing a serious pre-delivery inspection before final delivery would be something I would pay a premium for having recently had a less than perfect buying experience a doll delivered directly from China (through an approved TDF vendor).

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Dollyman25442,
His lady was shipped from China to me.
I have had dolls sent to me and inspected.
Some people just want the paperwork like customs ripped off and box reinforced.
Doll4ever does a great job packing so all I had to do was a real quick check and throw some padding under her feet.
Others want what we will call a BCD HP&E.
I did that with a dollsweet lady ordered from another BCD FMer
Of course, if I owned an apartment next to all the factories in China, it would be better.
On a really neat note, all the ladies at the FEDEX and ship center know what I do.
They even helped me repack a 168E cup that came in.
Of course, I was tickled pink I did not have to take a 100lb box back home and repack.
Hopefully, your vendor made things right.
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

gottabeme
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gottabeme »

I can vouch for the packaging, once I got her unpacked it was hard to believe all that padding plus a doll fit in the same box. She arrived in perfect condition though, no flaws or damage whatsoever.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Dollyman25442,
His lady was shipped from China to me.
I have had dolls sent to me and inspected.
Some people just want the paperwork like customs ripped off and box reinforced.
Doll4ever does a great job packing so all I had to do was a real quick check and throw some padding under her feet.
Others want what we will call a BCD HP&E.
I did that with a dollsweet lady ordered from another BCD FMer
Of course, if I owned an apartment next to all the factories in China, it would be better.
On a really neat note, all the ladies at the FEDEX and ship center know what I do.
They even helped me repack a 168E cup that came in.
Of course, I was tickled pink I did not have to take a 100lb box back home and repack.
Hopefully, your vendor made things right.
Best,
Jeff
Thanks for the clarification Jeff.
Actually packaging doesn't seem to be a problem (when it comes to shipping from China), but it seems as if pre-delivery inspection at the factories is lagging. Most of the issues I've now encountered were production problems that should have been caught at the factory. It remains to be seen how my particular problem will resolve but so far it looks as if the vendor is doing the right thing. Pity as I'm aware the profit margin takes a big hit when this happens to ya'll.
As an aside, as vendors I would suggest communications be made to the manufacturers that if they fail to perform due diligence in pre-delivery inspections USA consumers are empowered via PayPal and their respective credit card carriers not to accept what amounts to factory seconds and as such, alot of vendors are going to be getting they're feet held to the fire when it comes to manufacturers delivering less than high quality units. Just sayin.

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

When it comes to vendors, I'm totally unbiased (not). I didn't get all my dolls from Jeff, so can tell you the difference in customer satisfaction between manufacturer-direct vs BCD is like night & day. Beyond reproach, Jeff is simply the best, period.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

INFORMATIONS