New WM skeleton HELP!!!!!!

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

New WM skeleton HELP!!!!!!

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Can any one who has the new skeleton please help out our new family member?
I currently do not own a WM doll with the new skeleton
I can't figure out are the shrug gable shoulders. And does the neck move?

The box had a hole on the neck side of the doll and it caused the shruggable shoulders to angled. Can't figure out how to straighten them. The neck is also a little angled forward and pushing against the TPE so would like to move it back into position.

I'm guessing the neck can only be moved when the head is connected? But what about the shruggable shoulders?

Do you know of any videos showing movement of those two joints?
Thanks
Jeff and Nyoko

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: New WM skeleton HELP!!!!!!

Post by Billiam »

First put the head on and push it all the way back. You will notice there are two joints. Once all the way back move the head forward just enough to set the top joint in an upright position without moving the bottom. Now draw an imaginary line from her private to her mouth make sure her belly button center of her cleavage and neck line up. Now your head is in place. Move the arm straight up to the side grabbing the upper arm until the shoulder sets up. Now move the arm forward or back to set the collar bone. Put your hand on her shoulder with thumb in her arm pit and put her arm back down. Do the same for the other side and your done.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

For the head, the neck has two points of front to back articulation. One higher up in the neck that tilts the head, and one lower that moves the whole neck.

Try correcting the position with the head on. If the bottom articulation is the one that you need to move, place your hands around under the jaw and back of the neck and you should be able to move it this way by pushing front/back. It can indeed be a little stiff at first.

For correcting the head tilt do the same by putting your hands on her forehead/back of the head. There's also a side to side articulation in the middle of the neck.

Sorry i can't help much about the shoulders since i asked the factory to make mine very tight to block the up/down movement. I would imagine a good way would be to bend her forearms forward 90 degrees and exert up/down pressure near the elbow (not directly on it) to move them. The shoulders also have some front to back movement easy to adjust when her arms are slightly open to her sides.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask away if there's anything else.

*Edit: Beaten to it! Oh well, today you get 2 for the price ;)

:glou:

ZD

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I don't have the new skeleton but it seems to me photos from the OP would help ensure we're not dealing with a doll damaged in shipping. Photo's in the replies might better help illustrate the described movements.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

The Romantic,
Goose necks will easily get damaged in shipping...
Not hinged.
I have seen Zones come in and the you's swear the head was on her chest...
No issues
The problem with more ROM, is harder to get back to her normal state.
BCD

kojima

Post by kojima »

Billiam wrote:First put the head on and push it all the way back. You will notice there are two joints. Once all the way back move the head forward just enough to set the top joint in an upright position without moving the bottom. Now draw an imaginary line from her private to her mouth make sure her belly button center of her cleavage and neck line up. Now your head is in place. Move the arm straight up to the side grabbing the upper arm until the shoulder sets up. Now move the arm forward or back to set the collar bone. Put your hand on her shoulder with thumb in her arm pit and put her arm back down. Do the same for the other side and your done.
Still getting used to my new doll and her upgraded skeleton. From my own limited experience, moving the neck without the head attached is incredibly difficult, like trying to move a lever at the fulcrum. The amount of force needed is just too much without leverage, and I feel like I'd risk slipping and damaging her. Attaching the head gives you the leverage you need to move those joints. I will also say that the biggest issue I'm running into is how stiff some of those joints are. The neck specifically. I know there are supposed to be 2 forward/back joints and 1 side-to-side joint. The problem is, all three of those joints are very close together and if one is tighter than the other, getting one to move and not the other becomes that much more difficult. Over the past couple days I've been trying to get one to move over the other, but so far I think I'm only managing to move the lower joint while the top joint seems locked in place. I say "I think" because their close proximity on the skeleton also makes it difficult to tell which joint is even moving!

The shoulders haven't given me too much trouble. The variable joint stiffness means that sometimes the shoulder moves when I don't want them to, like when I'm attempting to lift her upper arm. I'm still adjusting to my first doll while trying not to do any damage to her, but I'm learning more about moving the joints and posing her (Torso rotation also took some experimentation and I still don't have a method if her legs are straight).

I'll try some of your suggestions for the neck as I'm curious to know if my forward/back joints are straight (I suspect they're a bit off). I'll let you know how it goes.
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

INFORMATIONS