ts10208,
For PS, yes.
Jeff

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Is a DS EVO the right girl for you?

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Paleonaturist wrote:Robert Lloyd, DS was (for a time) offering a brace of 100cm cuties in the U.S., but I don't believe they're available at this time. (Those dolls had seamless, permanent heads.)
The DS Mini seems to disappear periodically.
DSDoll heads drop onto a post in the dolls' necks, and lock in with a spring-clip of sorts inside the heads. Quick and easy, but not a seamless neck, and not immune to "Exorcist" style head-spinning.
I've been pondering this concept lately. The goal would be to have a replaceable head that looks like it has a seamless neck --the benefits of both and it would eliminate exorcist style head spinning. This is an engineering challenge, but I'm testing some design concepts this week. I've built a plastic skeleton with a clay body. My tools are primitive, but I'm mainly doing it for proof of concept. I do run my own business so not a lot of time is left each day to engineer a new doll design as a hobby.

On a side note, I really love Piper's seamless neck, but I wish they would ask a silicone manufacturer to produce it so we could have the option of both TPE and soft silicone for Piper's dolls.

I started a poll, but more than half of respondents said a seamless neck is really not important. I think it's really important, but apparently I'm not in the minority. I don't like the neck seams at all.

Gweeyoa
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gweeyoa »

Wow, I am looking to purchase an Asian doll, could you please tell me how much something like this would cost to get shipped to the US?

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

EVOs are no joke .. and some of the BEST faces in the business too!
I just wish 163+ came in EVO. :-(

INFORMATIONS