We are no longer San Hui dolls

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: We are no longer San Hui dolls

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Apugo,
And when I contact them I am a customer, right?
Two days?
I would be happy if they got back to me within a week
Now, compare that to OUR normal response time to people before, during and EVEN after they adopt a doll from us if we are contacted by email.
This is not about the quality of their dolls.

v/r
BCD

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:...a TDF vendor in China get replies/photos a lot faster than we do to a question (if we even get a reply).
We do not know why...
A "TDF vendor in China" probably speaks their language, right?

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

BCD's response time is lightning fast. I had emailed about a doll around midnight and to my surprise, had a response when I checked my email after breakfast the next morning.

That's the fastest I've ever received a response from a vendor, a human being as well, for any product in any industry I ever asked about.

So +1 gazillion for BCD!

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Yep if they care at all they should be able to respond within a reasonable timeframe.

Their loss!

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Well this news really sucks...
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

Meso wrote:I guarantee you that if Jeff drops a manufacturer, it's for a good reason. I totally trust him to protect our interests.
Booty Call Dolls wrote:Apugo,
And when I contact them I am a customer, right?
Two days?
I would be happy if they got back to me within a week
Now, compare that to OUR normal response time to people before, during and EVEN after they adopt a doll from us if we are contacted by email.
This is not about the quality of their dolls.

v/r
BCD
I meant it as a neutral statement of fact. No angle. Sometimes I forget the expectation on forums is that someone is pushing their view.

Another fact is that two days is two days longer than every other manufacturer or vendor I have contacted.

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

I mean, I started this thread’s responses by saying this seems fair and thanking you for looking out for us.

You’re a vendor. They should have their smartphones set up to push a notification if an an email from you arrives. Anything more than 24 hours is totally unacceptable and tells me they don’t want to do business. You are right to give them what they want: less business.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Apugo,
Thanks you and honestly, I would have been happy with a 48 hour turn around from them
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

JJSilicone
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JJSilicone »

Forb wrote:Well this news really sucks...
I agree. Sanhui is such a wonderful doll manufacturer. My favorite one if I may be so bold to say so. :cry:
Hey Jeff, will we still be able to order Sanhui dolls from you even though they are no longer in your catalogue, or is this the official end of Sanhui and BCD business?

Best regards,

JJSilicone

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I have an UNSUBSTANTIATED theory. Manufacturers don't like working with vendors if they think that the don't have to. They make more when not using a vendor. They hold all the cards if something isn't right.

(Good) Vendors hold them accountable.

For me, if I can't get it via BCD - then I just won't consider it.

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

I panicked when I first saw this post because my next doll is going to be a Sanhui or OR Doll.
Sanhui is still an approved vendor here. It is just that BCD has severed their relationship with Sanhui.

Apple is an example of a company that maintains complete control over user experience. It is a smart and profitable move for a company if they can do it. Before the internet and computers, distributors and vendors were necessary for manufacturers to get the product to the customers. A salesman's Rolodex was worth its weight in gold and carefully guarded.

I personally prefer to skip any middleman unless there is significant value added. George at XS Dolls was an example with his Personal Quality Check. Not having done business with BCD, I do not know what they offer but their good reputation shows that they have added great value to many customers.

In this day and age of lazy ass people trying to generate passive income on the internet, Sanhui has a good policy to protect themselves from the passive, lazy ass drop shipper business model.

https://www.sanhuidolls.com/faq-and-doll-size-chart-1
Scroll down a bit.

Reading through the Sanhui Vendor Policy, once they loose control of the product through a vendor, they greatly reduce their warranty policy. This puts the vendor at a large financial risk to stand behind the product they sold. Sanhui also requires the vendor to inform the customer of this reduced warranty.

If I were a vendor, I would not carry a Sanhui product because of the policy.
If I were Sanhui, with their reputation and quality, I would not want to risk my reputation with unknown vendors.

Business, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

BTW, they do not lose control unless , say for example, the doll was shipped to George.
Make sense?
IOW, there policy only makes sense if the doll makes a pit stop between San hui and her new owner.
If you ordered a doll and she was shipped right to you from San hui and you got her from me, how have they lost control?
THEY LOST PROFIT!
Of course, they want to bypass vendors, they make more money, but they do not need me and I do not need them. I have Zone and Doll Sweet and they have the common courtesy to atleast get back to me with an answer 100% of the time.
V/r
Jeff
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Reimu
Doll
Doll

Post by Reimu »

Hi Jeff

Spirit here speaking for cyclist ... difficult keeping the Logons straight....

I hope I did not come off as negative to your services.
I am very good making things with my machine and welding "Hobby" shop. It has been a hobby shop because I had been a complete moron about business. 2 years ago I cut way back on studying the fun technical stuff to learn how to do business. Steve Jobs learned this lesson by getting fired from Apple, the same business he created. I now like to look at everything in terms of a business model to develop a useful understanding of how to go about building my own business.

Perhaps I should have kept my unsubstantiated musing to myself. Sorry if I misled anyone.

I only subscribe to 2 blogs. One is Seth Godin http://sethgodin.com/sg/
Seth Godin is the god of ethical modern Marketing. I see all the Doll Forum vendors and manufactures are doing everything properly "According to Seth".

... except for Sanhui not answering your emails. No excuse.

I would recommend subscribing to his blog for anyone in business.

Further musings:
What percentage of any doll factory output is sold to the non Asian market through DF?
Do they really need our business?

The funny thing about any warranty on anything from China is the huge transportation road block to claiming it if something does go wrong. So even a top quality manufacturers warranty is almost worthless in my opinion. A good reputation on TDF is worth more than any warranty. The best protection is to protect yourself up front by buying based on reputation and a proven service record.

So thank you for doing what you do.
I remember my name.
I am Reimu.
I am a Spirit Dream as my name implies.
I have vague memories of a great battle in the fog of my thoughts and very little else.

Somehow I passed through a portal from my world to Earth.

I am now living in the snowy Northern Mountains on the edge of a cliff overlooking waterfalls with an old warrior that flew with the great metal dragons.

It is quiet and peaceful here.

My friends just call me Spirit as it is a simple translation of my original name

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

You did not come off negative at all.
Their policy would make sense to me only if a dolls was not shipped from their shipping agent right to the new owner.
Love,
The BCD Girls
-princeoverit
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS