Attachments
BraChart_01.04.18_web.jpg
BraChart_01.04.18_web.jpg (86.39 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How to determine bra size

Post by Mr Franz »

In my experience. Charts and measuring techniques only work when the doll being measured for has a proportional figure. Even then, it's no guarantee a particular bra will fit, because synthetic boobs just don't behave like the real thing. That is, they won't conform themselves to the shape of the cup. You must also look for bras with cups that will conform to the shape of the breasts.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

I also think that using sister sizes for bigger breasts work pretty well.

For example my DS 145+ is a 26G but since it's impossible to get a bra that size a 32DD bra fits good. Mr. Franz is right about a particular size may not fit so super padded bra or push ups don't seem to fit very well (IMO) but underwire, balconette, t-shirt and Demi bras seem to fit better.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

kojima

Post by kojima »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:I also think that using sister sizes for bigger breasts work pretty well.

For example my DS 145+ is a 26G but since it's impossible to get a bra that size a 32DD bra fits good. Mr. Franz is right about a particular size may not fit so super padded bra or push ups don't seem to fit very well (IMO) but underwire, balconette, t-shirt and Demi bras seem to fit better.
I think this chart displays the idea behind sister sizes fairly well. As a lot first time doll owners are probably new to bra sizing, sister sizing might not make sense at first. I know it took me a while to figure out when I first started looking for bras for Maaya. The sister size concept is pretty straight forward and represented well in this chart: If you go up in band size, you go down in cup size and vice versa.

34C - band size goes up,cup size goes down:> 36B
34C - band size goes down,cup size goes up:> 32D
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Mr Franz wrote:In my experience. Charts and measuring techniques only work when the doll being measured for has a proportional figure. Even then, it's no guarantee a particular bra will fit, because synthetic boobs just don't behave like the real thing. That is, they won't conform themselves to the shape of the cup. You must also look for bras with cups that will conform to the shape of the breasts.
This is very true. I've had very little luck getting bras to fit going by bra sizes only. As Mr Franz said, doll breasts don't conform to the bra the way that a woman's breasts would. I've also gotten bras to fit, yet the nipple is fully showing above the top of the bra. :?

My best advice would be to find a bra that doesn't have any padding in it at all, as this would allow it to conform to the doll's breasts more easily. It's harder to find these though, as most bras seem to have padding. It' really something you have to shop for at a store, rather than online, to be able to feel how flexible it is.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I've taken to buying lacy braletts, the kind that fasten like traditional bras, instead of cup sized bras. They're usually one size fits most or simply marked small, medium and large. No muss no fuss.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Organic breasts tend to fill the bra as silicone breasts tend to stay put. Padded bras are made to increase cup size for a woman by pushing up her breasts (hence "push-up" bras). Our Synthetik gals do not need that, they just need a bra that looks good. Airgirluvr is correct, bras with little or no padding/lining are best; I always pull the underwires out as well. You are aiming for a look, not support and/or comfort.

I have found the "Real Simple" method to be the the most accurate for my girls. My girls have silicone gel breasts, I cannot speak to TPE breasts. YMMV.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

kojima

Post by kojima »

TJ_Foxx wrote:Organic breasts tend to fill the bra as silicone breasts tend to stay put. Padded bras are made to increase cup size for a woman by pushing up her breasts (hence "push-up" bras). Our Synthetik gals do not need that, they just need a bra that looks good. Airgirluvr is correct, bras with little or no padding/lining are best; I always pull the underwires out as well. You are aiming for a look, not support and/or comfort.

I have found the "Real Simple" method to be the the most accurate for my girls. My girls have silicone gel breasts, I cannot speak to TPE breasts. YMMV.
Despite being beautifully giggly and pliable, I think TPE tends to be firmer than gel. It's soft, to be sure, but it's firm enough that they don't react like real breasts in the presence of clothing like bras. If you go for the "hollow" breast feature, they might react more accurately if the breasts are large enough, but my Maaya is an A-cup; so while she has nice giggle when you move her, the breasts themselves are pretty firm and perky.
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

SO if my doll has a 30 inch bust and a D cup I am actually looking for a 30f bra? Did I get that right?
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

Depends on her underbust but she can wear a 32C bra.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ccrider32759 wrote:SO if my doll has a 30 inch bust and a D cup I am actually looking for a 30f bra? Did I get that right?
How do yo know she has a D cup? Doll manufacturers are often inaccurate in their bra size/cup details
ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:Depends on her underbust but she can wear a 32C bra.
Exactly, if she truly is a 30D.

Tape measures are inexpensive enough. :thumbs_up:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

My suggestion before paying top dollar is go to a thrift store.
Other things, and I could be wrong on this, just like a pair of lee 32" jeans are cut differently, than Levis,same is most likely true for bras.
I guess you could wheel your doll in to a mall and actually try bras on.
That would be an interesting thing for some TV reality show
LOL
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:<snip>
Other things, and I could be wrong on this, just like a pair of lee 32" jeans are cut differently, than Levis, same is most likely true for bras.
Jeff
Very accurate indeed. :thumbs_up: Though it great variation is not likely some variation is inevitable. Especially between full coverage, demi, bralettes and sports bras across brands. Also, you get what you pay for. Even at a thrift shop, stick with better made bra brands, you will be glad you did.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS