www.exdollus.com

DS 163cm

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

DS 163cm

Post by Frost »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=110498

I decided that it has been enough time to present my full review of the DS 163. This may be a bit long, so bear with me. I did not include any images, due to the length of this review.

Softness

The DS 163 is extremely soft. At first, she does seem very sticky; however, the stickiness goes away after a few washing & powering sessions. The foam inside allows you to squeeze her firmly or lightly. She does not jiggle her boobs or butt. Her breasts are small, but very life like for their size. I do not believe they should jiggle at this size. Her butt is probably the hardest thing on the body. It is very stiff, and hard to squeeze. The feet are as soft as the legs and arms. The body is just as soft, with the most squeeze & squish ability due to the thick foam mass.

Score: 9.5/10

Skeleton

The skeleton is very well done. The tightness of her joints is not too tight, and not too loose. I can move most of her joints with great ease, yet, they will always stay in place. The toughest joint to move is the stomach. I find this extremely difficult to move. The second would be the hips, but they can be moved with the right amount of force. The hips, thus far, are the only joint to make squeaking noises when moving them.

The one issue I have with this skeleton is the finger wires. On the positive side, they are stiff, and well balanced to move the fingers, and hold them in place. The problem is the silicone is nowhere near thick enough, and the ends of the wire are too sharp. They do have caps on the ends, but all of them have come loose with great ease. They do not stay on, allowing the sharp ends to cause problems. I have had a ton of finger pokes already, just doing normal activities. It does not take much at all; a baby could squeeze the right spot and poke a hole through.

Score: 7/10

Inserts

This doll has two inserts that are designed to work with it. There is the B & the G types. The G type insert is useless period. The hole is so ridiculously narrow; I cannot even get my finger in without forcing it. There is no real way to turn it inside out and modify it. The B type insert, however, can be modified. This insert fits the doll the best. The B insert is still very tight. I tried many times, for many hours at a time, to use this insert as it was made. I would have to force myself in, losing any stiffness I might have had. I then work to regain, yet to only come back out of the damn thing, and then loose it again, forcing myself back in. By forcing, I mean using my hand to sort of push my head in.

There has been one solution. It is not the best by any means, but it does help quite a bit. This idea, or option, was presented to me by John @ DS via email communications. What I have done is turned the B insert inside out. I then took a sharp pair of scissors, and sliced away at the inner lining. I did this, until it was wide enough. This does have its flaws. The hole can easily be made too wide if you snip enough, ruining the insert. At the same time, you are removing the inside texture/ribbing, which makes it not feel quite as realistic.

Score: 4/10

The vagina cavity

This cavity is not the best design I could have imagined. I say it this way, as the DS 163 is my first doll. The hole can be made big enough to fit the insert, by widening the legs all the way out. This does come with its disadvantages. One of them being that it is still quite difficult to get the insert all the way in, without damaging the cavity lining. Another is that it causes the anal cavity to spread too much leaving it vulnerable to splits.

After time, I started getting splits in the silicone, at the outer edges of the vagina cavity. Upon inspection, I had realized that it appears to be a fault in the design. The inside of the outer edging has two, approx. 1 inch sized pieces of mesh. There is one piece at the top, and one piece at the bottom.

After less than a full month of having this doll, there are now 4 tears, or slits, in the cavity edging. Where did the slits take place? All four are at the edges of the mesh pieces. Upon feeling this mesh, I also noticed that the edges can be somewhat sharp, and that the mesh was actually starting to mold itself outward in a way putting stress on the silicone around it.

Score: 6/10

The anal cavity

This cavity is a well-known problem for most, if not all of the DS dolls. I did a lot of research, and communicated with other owners of these dolls about the anal cavity, prior to owning one. I had hoped they were exaggerating, but I also knew it wasn’t likely. I found out for myself, and was not all that surprised.

The diameter of the ring entry is very small. I forced my way in a few times to try it, but it was not easy to get in. I also ended up tearing/splitting the silicone around the top of the entry ring. Too add to the misery, the inside is quite wide, and has no texture to it. Even if it does, it wouldn’t help much. The width inside is bad. When plunging in and out, you feel nothing except the ring.

The only other thing is the pain of your head jamming against the skeleton. Yes, that’s right, not only is the length of this hole ridiculously small, but at the end is a thin sheet of silicone, with the metal skeleton right behind it (OUCH!). I find myself constantly re-trying this area, because it is a big turn on (the butt), however, very difficult to succeed.

Score 3/10

Companionship

This doll is amazing when it comes down to the little things. Cuddling is fantastic. She is very soft, and her stomach is like a thick, soft, cold pillow. Her breasts are even softer, making them great to lay your head against, or on. With her petite shape, she is very easy to hug.

I hug my dear Katie (DS 163) several times a day. At night, I cuddle mostly by laying my head on her chest, against her breasts, and hugging her. Another great part of their companionship is their realism. They give a presence to the room. I have a difficult time thinking she is a doll, even though she does not move or talk on her own.

Score: 10/10

Weight

This doll is quite nice in this area. She can be a bit too heavy at times though. I find that if she is standing, the easiest way to move her around is by either hugging her and lifting her up, or lifting her by hand via her arm pits. When she is lying down, just pick her up with the “sweep her off her feet” maneuver. This doll weighs about 61lbs. This measurement was given by TDF members.

Score: 9/10

Conclusion

Overall this is a very good doll for companionship, and photography. The body is very realistic, has a presence in the room, and is great for cuddling with. As for sex, this doll is not very good at all. There are quite a few improvements needed for both cavities, as well as the inserts, to make sex with this doll worthwhile. The Skeleton & skin softness are top notch, with a few issues. This is definitely not a doll I would recommend for first timers, or anyone looking for a “sex” doll.

That is all I have for you today, I hope you enjoyed the review^^

INFORMATIONS