reallovesexdolls.com

2016 - Custom 100cm Review

Revies on Real Love Sex Dolls Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Pvt_Hairball

2016 - Custom 100cm Review

Post by Pvt_Hairball »

Original topic: Custom 100cm Review [Pics]

I've spent the past week or so playing around with my new custom 100cm doll, in (mostly) a non-sexual way. And up to now, I'd been giving it some thought.

What I'd like to say, to begin, is that I think these dolls are well-made and, as a company, I think RLSD does good work. But I wouldn't spend the kind of money I spent on what I got. I spent $1100 on this one. And I would say, for the entire package I received, I would pay no more than $900.

The Bad:

For one thing, I was disappointed that it didn't come with any kind of User Manual or Guide. One would suggest that seeking out sites like these and asking questions is important, and I'm not saying that isn't a bad idea. But a general description of the materials used to make my doll, as well as a simple guide on care and maintenance would have been extremely useful. Hell, I would have settled for a .pdf that I'd have to print, myself.
- One more thing about a User Manual: a complete overview of the Skeleton is absolutely essential. I was concerned, when moving the doll around, about how to position its limbs. The limbs that are posable are so stiff that at first I thought they could not move, and for a little while I actually had one leg positioned wrong because of this.
So please, RLSD. If you ever read this article, please consider releasing some detailed information/schematics on the materials used in the Skeleton(s) and how the joints behave. It would be nice to see the differences between each Skeleton, from the 65cm to 165cm'ers.

Another thing I would point out about my doll is that the eyes... are of rather low quality. I had hoped that I would be receiving completely spherical eyes, like large marbles. Instead, the eyes are hemispherical pieces of plastic. They feel rough to the touch and are difficult to keep aligned to any direction. This is because they are not complete spheres with any real mass, and any slight push or pull of the head could put them out of alignment/come out cross-eyed. It's kinda funny, and it kinda isn't... because of how much I paid for this.
- Also, the eyelashes on the head seem to have been very crudely glued-on and easy to damage. One of them actually came off as I was adjusting the eyes. Now I have no way of knowing how to put it back on, so I removed the other three and stored them in a little sealed bag until I can figure out how to put them back.

Another thing about the Head is that it does not screw in very tightly/correctly on the neck bolt. Thankfully, RLSD has a video on their YouTube Channel for a quick fix, which I followed. And I'm happy to see RLSD take the time to offer a solution. However, it's a bit strange to me that the neck bolts and heads aren't compatible/better suited for each other so that this wouldn't be necessary. I suppose I could chalk it up to, "This is a growing industry and the manufacturers are still working on this." If that's the case, I wonder if I came into this world of dolls a little too early...
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB6B0Wv0Uxc

The neck also makes loud creaky sounds when I move it, more so than the other limbs on the body. I was worried, in the beginning, that I may have damaged it in some way. But I figured out that this is normal...

All of this makes for more of a... "Look, don't touch" kind of doll, which would be okay if I wasn't planning on pounding it. Of course, I wasn't expecting something I could just throw around and demolish. But for my purposes, it is a little too fragile in some areas. I suppose I'll have to wait a bit longer for a... "sport-utility" WM doll :P

The Good:

Now that all the negatives I can think of are out of the way, I have some positives.

The overall construction of the body is good and fairly solid. The skin is velvety-smooth and enjoyable to touch. There is that annoying initial stench of plastic/powder you get, but after a bit of time it goes away. I highly recommend bathing a few times to help remove the smell.

All the important bits (booty, boobies, etc.) feel great to touch, as well. TPE, for the price, is quite lifelike. Remarkable. In a short amount of time, the material gets warm and is more a pleasure to hold.

After getting over the hurdles of joint movement and all that, the unit is kinda fun to pose. I took some pictures that I will put at the bottom of this review.

The Vaginal Insert option is, in my opinion, one of the best decisions I made about this doll. After the amount of effort it takes to clean just a Torso doll, the Insert is a godsend. Very pleased, and I would recommend it to anyone. Cleaning the doll is quite a simple procedure, just a little time-consuming. Made all the more simple, however, without having to worry about bodily fluids getting into the main unit.

RLSD's shipping and all that was a breeze. And I was happy to receive the accessories/essential equipment they included in the box. This includes a simple wig, a little comb, gloves, an irrigator, a uhh... VERY SIMPLE outfit and some TPE glue.

CONCLUSION:
In summary, I think there is some definite room for improvement. You could tell me, "You get what you pay for." and yes, I understand that. Perhaps the total cost of manufacturing, design and all that really adds up to the price I paid. And from what I've seen, most people here and on the RLSD site are mostly satisfied with their products. I'm happy for them. However, I am only... 85% satisfied. The doll is good! I do like what I see. But it could be better for the price. This is my opinion. Hopefully, as time moves forward, dolls like these will improve in design/construction and lower in cost. When that time comes, I will be happy to buy another.

And I would be happy to buy from RLSD again. They are good people, who I think are doing a good job with what they have. I just hope that this quality of service continues into the future, that they continue to listen to their customers and continue to improve themselves. I have a great respect for businesses like this.

I haven't yet decided if I want to keep this doll or resell it, to be frank. I'm on the fence. I have some reasons for this that I will expound on in another Thread, because I don't think it's fair to put a lot of emphasis on my highly-personalized opinions and feelings into what's supposed to be a more objective critique.
RLSD 100cm Box
RLSD 100cm Box
IMG_20160425_092203.jpg (368.36 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose1
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose1
IMG_20160425_135950.jpg (594.45 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose2
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose2
IMG_20160426_100719.jpg (514.97 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose3<br />(non-RLSD shirt)
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose3
(non-RLSD shirt)
IMG_20160426_102136.jpg (496.59 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose4<br />(non-RLSD shirt)
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose4
(non-RLSD shirt)
IMG_20160426_101232.jpg (397.75 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose5<br />(non-RLSD Outfit, something I whipped together with girls' clothes) (Aftermarket Wig)
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose5
(non-RLSD Outfit, something I whipped together with girls' clothes) (Aftermarket Wig)
IMG_20160501_175413.jpg (533.7 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose6<br />(non-RLSD Outfit, a pic for better scale-comparison) (Aftermarket Wig)
Custom 100cm WM RLSD: Pose6
(non-RLSD Outfit, a pic for better scale-comparison) (Aftermarket Wig)
IMG_20160501_175305.jpg (573.62 KiB) Viewed 3036 times

If anyone wants more information on the clothes I used, feel free to ask me. I can tell you, off the top of my head, that the Shirt Size is between 6 and 7 (US children's)

INFORMATIONS