teddy-babes.com

Storage and transportation of Teddy Babe Deluxe

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Storage and transportation of Teddy Babe Deluxe

Post by titjob »

DenverDino wrote:Any other suggestions from anyone. My box isnt going to last long.

I was entertaining the thought of a thick guitar holding type of bag. I saw one other member had one of those clever beds that the mattress lifts to reveal a closed off space underneath. But I will take cover in a white sheet advice.
I will may buy that sort of bed.
but is just 20 cm inside.
8"so its just for TB original.
But I Think she is too small to play with.

SuperNothing

TBD Storage Coffin Built Into Window Seat

Post by SuperNothing »

In anticipation of my first TBD's (Lisa) arrival in a couple of days, I've been acquiring materials to build her a comfy, sexy little storage coffin inside the bench window seat in my bedroom. Decided on a dark navy blue satin liner which should be a nice compliment for both her red hair and violet teddy, tufted underneath with soft batting material. I'll upload photos here as the project manifests. I hope she likes it as part of her homecoming celebration!
Make your woman as real as you can... just don't get a real woman.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

all good ideas BUT most dolls including teddy babes hate boxes and closets as well as the dark. would you like to live in a box after being shipped across the country or around the world.

carlys_guy

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

If building a storage container, keep in mind the increased height of the new model deluxe Babes. While they are advertised as 5'5" on the website, they are actually a bit taller than that. More like 5'9." But due to production variances, some of them can be even taller. So I would recommend that the container be about 6" long just to be on the safe side.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Badbrad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Badbrad »

A Christmas tree storage bag should work well.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

I am still using the original box, but I need to get some duct tape for it. Is there any problem gently folding the legs back into the position when she first arrived, and continuing to use it? That is much smaller than trying to find a bag 5.5 ft long!

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Beanbott wrote:I am still using the original box, but I need to get some duct tape for it. Is there any problem gently folding the legs back into the position when she first arrived, and continuing to use it? That is much smaller than trying to find a bag 5.5 ft long!
The skeleton is made of wires. If you bend wires repeatedly at the same spot back and forth they will break after some hundred times.. Of course sooner or later they will break anyway but this is far, far away (your real enemy is the failure of the cheap duct tape about the height of the navel of your babe that holds the end of the wires together and which will upon failure allow the wires to poke through the skin of the babe, a failure that could be avoided by using additional plastic cable ties instead of duct tape alone, Eight Wonder, can you hear me?). So, in short, I cannot recommend your plan to bend the legs of your poor babe all the time. If you cannot leave your Babe in their usual setting (bed) all day, put her in a cupboard without bending her.

Hagen

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Good idea, looking at the Xmas tree bags now. Want to avoid any orthopedic surgery for as long as we can!

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

carlys_guy wrote:all good ideas BUT most dolls including teddy babes hate boxes and closets as well as the dark. would you like to live in a box after being shipped across the country or around the world.

carlys_guy
It's just the two of us living here in a house bigger than we really need, so Audrey has the run of the house, even though she spends most of her time in bed (she's pretty lazy!) but a couple times I had to put her in a closet briefly. I could swear one time she gave me a dirty look. It had to be my imagination and I was just projecting, but it seemed so real and it's the only time her expression ever seemed stern. So you might be onto something.

I still have her original box, and wouldn't be afraid to use it in a pinch (if she doesn't scowl at me again at least...) but as mentioned I wouldn't use it as a regular storage plan where she has to bend and unbend her legs so much so often. Every now and then is one thing, but if you do it a lot she'll break her skeleton sooner rather than later. Audrey is only about a year and a half old and has no skeletal problems thus far, so while the clock is always ticking I suppose, her skeleton can still last a long time. Probably not the hardest fix either, but I think I'd be disturbing to have to do "surgery" on her. Some people are squeamish about the sight of blood, but for me now it's probably polyfil, lol. Anyway, best if she can stretch her legs as much as possible.

SuperNothing

Re: TBD Storage Coffin Built Into Window Seat

Post by SuperNothing »

SuperNothing wrote:In anticipation of my first TBD's (Lisa) arrival in a couple of days, I've been acquiring materials to build her a comfy, sexy little storage coffin inside the bench window seat in my bedroom. Decided on a dark navy blue satin liner which should be a nice compliment for both her red hair and violet teddy, tufted underneath with soft batting material. I'll upload photos here as the project manifests. I hope she likes it as part of her homecoming celebration!
Project complete. Pics and details here: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=98322
Make your woman as real as you can... just don't get a real woman.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

My ladies prefer to travel in a kitbag, which I acquired at the army.
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I have a standard Teddy Babe rather than a deluxe so it's a lot easier to transport her. I use a 50 inch duffel bag that I ordered from the Sears website. I don't think a deluxe Babe would go in there even with her legs bent, but it works great for the standard Babes.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS