teddy-babes.com

Some help please!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
TakersRose

Re: Some help please!

Post by TakersRose »

Juncharted2 wrote:
TakersRose wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
TakersRose wrote: I did email Eighth Wonder and they told me a way to get the extra eyes and lips when I order my Teddy Babe. So I'll order them them. I don't need them until I order anyway lol. But I suppose I just wanted to make sure I can keep her in the best condition when I finally DO get to order.
I hope there will always be a way to get extra eyes and lips from Eighth Wonder because as long as one has a Teddy Babe, then there will always be a possibility of having to replace these parts.
I also hope that they will continue to provide eyes and lips for the standard Babes. This is something that I have been concerned about since I heard that the standard model Babes have been discontinued. :drinking:
That's my concern! I've decided that the Teddy Babe is the perfect doll for me and I want her to last as long she can. Which means that her eyes and lips might need to be replaced. If push comes to shove in the far future, I feel comfortable that I could make some lips. The eyes however, are a different matter. And I too hope that Eighth Wonder continues to supply the eyes and lips for the Babes.
Quite honestly I think you can do the eyes yourself. Provided you have availability to a laminator or some really good packing tape. Even today's printers could reproduce something similar, they make glossy paper..
I've been combing through the threads and I did see the DIY eyes. I'm sure with the right supplies, patience and practice, I could make something that would be to my liking. I don't know if I'd have access to a laminator, but I know I'd definitely have access to good quality packing tape!
ARK ANGEL wrote:TB eyes are just enlarged photographs of real human eyes laminated.
The member Cuddly mentioned above had trialled some embroidered eyes, but wasn't happy with them.
He prefers all aspects of his lovely lady Lian be textile and has achieved this uniquely.
He ended up printing photocopies of the original eyes onto printable water resistant adhesive backed textile sheets that fit into a standard printer, the result was excellent.
He has offered this service to UK forum members, I would imagine he'd offer the same here.
As the TB lips usually only last a couple years if kissed well and regular, some members have made plaster moulds of the latex lips and produced silicon replacements with shop bought silicon, as it is softer and more resilient.

Pete.
I think I've seen Cuddly's work while doing my research. Definitely impressive and I was wondering if I might be able to do something similar or even contact them to see if I can maybe purchase one of their sets of eyes.

I've seen the member made silicone lips. Again, I'm sure with some practice and patience I could make something out of silicone that would hold up a little better than the latex lips.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

samara78 made silicone lips for one of her babes and said she might sell them if people wanted them so ask her it can't hurt.
i posted a link to an old thread on juncharted2's thread about dying teddy babes he bumped it so check it out.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

carlys_guy wrote:samara78 made silicone lips for one of her babes and said she might sell them if people wanted them so ask her it can't hurt.
i posted a link to an old thread on juncharted2's thread about dying teddy babes he bumped it so check it out.

carlys_guy
Thank you! I saw that. I'll definitely look into it.

Help_Me_Rhonda
Doll
Doll

Post by Help_Me_Rhonda »

Juncharted2 wrote:Hope you'll share what you come up with.
He says you'll be the first to know. And I'm going to keep bothering him about it until he actually does the thing.
Rhonda Morrigan, Cuddle Therapist
Helping my man preserve his sanity since April, 13 2018.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Help_Me_Rhonda wrote:
Juncharted2 wrote:Hope you'll share what you come up with.
He says you'll be the first to know. And I'm going to keep bothering him about it until he actually does the thing.
I'll be interested to see what he comes up with as well!

INFORMATIONS