teddy-babes.com

Some help please!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
TakersRose

Some help please!

Post by TakersRose »

I've been doing a ton of research on Teddy Babes ever since I've decided that they're the doll for me. However, I found a link to a website a few days ago that had extra Teddy Babe lips, eyes, etc... However, I can't find it now and when I click on Lovedollsales.com I'm not allowed to see the page. It comes up as blank and I'm told that the page is not secure. So, I was wondering if anyone had an answer or suggestion. I know it may seem like jumping the gun to want the extra pieces but I'm the kind that wants to know there's supplies out there when/if I might need them.

Thanks in advance.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Some help please!

Post by carlys_guy »

as far as i know eighth wonder is the only place to get extra eyes and lips. midiman used to sell them but since eighth wonder put him out of business he doesn't.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

carlys_guy wrote:as far as i know eighth wonder is the only place to get extra eyes and lips. midiman used to sell them but since eighth wonder put him out of business he doesn't.

carlys_guy
Thank you for your reply, carlys_guy. I know I saw them someplace but I can't seem to find them now. But, research is kinda my thing. So I'm sure I'll find them again. :D

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

I ordered eyes.
no problem...

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

lovedollsales is midimans new store and he used to have some teddy babe parts but when his stock was gone he stopped selling them.
some members have used laminated photos for eyes and made molds for the lips and poured their own out of silicone, i think karrot and samara78 have made lips. cuddly over on the uk site used felt to make lips for his girl, juncharted2 had some lips embroidered he may have done the eyes also not sure.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

carlys_guy wrote:lovedollsales is midimans new store and he used to have some teddy babe parts but when his stock was gone he stopped selling them.
some members have used laminated photos for eyes and made molds for the lips and poured their own out of silicone, i think karrot and samara78 have made lips. cuddly over on the uk site used felt to make lips for his girl, juncharted2 had some lips embroidered he may have done the eyes also not sure.

carlys_guy
I've seen most (or a good share anyway) of the modded eyes and lips. I know I was on a sight not long ago and it had the eyes and lips. I want to find it because it's bugging me that I can't lol.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

carlys_guy wrote:lovedollsales is midimans new store and he used to have some teddy babe parts but when his stock was gone he stopped selling them.
That's probably where you saw them, but maybe they shut things down if they were out of stock? Wouldn't hurt to ask if he's got anything left. Maybe there's a few odds and ends, but not enough to justify keeping the website up.

Although they're not on the website, I'm pretty sure you can get that stuff from teddy-babes.com too. If you find extra "parts" for a Teddy Babe, that's where they ultimately come from anyway. If someone else is selling them they're an authorized vendor.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

JackieTreehorn wrote:
This makes sense, it very well could have been where I saw them but the website got taken down.
That's probably where you saw them, but maybe they shut things down if they were out of stock? Wouldn't hurt to ask if he's got anything left. Maybe there's a few odds and ends, but not enough to justify keeping the website up.

Although they're not on the website, I'm pretty sure you can get that stuff from teddy-babes.com too. If you find extra "parts" for a Teddy Babe, that's where they ultimately come from anyway. If someone else is selling them they're an authorized vendor.
I did email Eighth Wonder and they told me a way to get the extra eyes and lips when I order my Teddy Babe. So I'll order them them. I don't need them until I order anyway lol. But I suppose I just wanted to make sure I can keep her in the best condition when I finally DO get to order.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

TakersRose wrote: I did email Eighth Wonder and they told me a way to get the extra eyes and lips when I order my Teddy Babe. So I'll order them them. I don't need them until I order anyway lol. But I suppose I just wanted to make sure I can keep her in the best condition when I finally DO get to order.
I hope there will always be a way to get extra eyes and lips from Eighth Wonder because as long as one has a Teddy Babe, then there will always be a possibility of having to replace these parts.
I also hope that they will continue to provide eyes and lips for the standard Babes. This is something that I have been concerned about since I heard that the standard model Babes have been discontinued. :drinking:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by digitalcavebear »

I'm looking to see what I can do to find my own embroidered eyes at this time. Juncharted2 was nice enough to provide me the information for his source, however the design is more complicated than what I am looking for. While I like his choice for lips as well, I am also looking into other options. Though the lips he has found for his Samanta are pretty bad ass.

I know there are embroidery shops that make custom patches/appliques, so I may just have to design my own and see what floats.
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

digitalcavebear wrote:I'm looking to see what I can do to find my own embroidered eyes at this time. Juncharted2 was nice enough to provide me the information for his source, however the design is more complicated than what I am looking for. While I like his choice for lips as well, I am also looking into other options. Though the lips he has found for his Samanta are pretty bad ass.

I know there are embroidery shops that make custom patches/appliques, so I may just have to design my own and see what floats.
Hope you'll share what you come up with. I have my eyes on these lips I saw they read kiss my patch... however the application was way too large.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

one of our members cuddly made lips for his teddy babe standard out of felt he even made a plush wig for her.

carlys_guy

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
TakersRose wrote: I did email Eighth Wonder and they told me a way to get the extra eyes and lips when I order my Teddy Babe. So I'll order them them. I don't need them until I order anyway lol. But I suppose I just wanted to make sure I can keep her in the best condition when I finally DO get to order.
I hope there will always be a way to get extra eyes and lips from Eighth Wonder because as long as one has a Teddy Babe, then there will always be a possibility of having to replace these parts.
I also hope that they will continue to provide eyes and lips for the standard Babes. This is something that I have been concerned about since I heard that the standard model Babes have been discontinued. :drinking:
That's my concern! I've decided that the Teddy Babe is the perfect doll for me and I want her to last as long she can. Which means that her eyes and lips might need to be replaced. If push comes to shove in the far future, I feel comfortable that I could make some lips. The eyes however, are a different matter. And I too hope that Eighth Wonder continues to supply the eyes and lips for the Babes.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

TakersRose wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:
That's my concern! I've decided that the Teddy Babe is the perfect doll for me and I want her to last as long she can. Which means that her eyes and lips might need to be replaced. If push comes to shove in the far future, I feel comfortable that I could make some lips. The eyes however, are a different matter. And I too hope that Eighth Wonder continues to supply the eyes and lips for the Babes.
Quite honestly I think you can do the eyes yourself. Provided you have availability to a laminator or some really good packing tape. Even today's printers could reproduce something similar, they make glossy paper..
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

TB eyes are just enlarged photographs of real human eyes laminated.
The member Cuddly mentioned above had trialled some embroidered eyes, but wasn't happy with them.
He prefers all aspects of his lovely lady Lian be textile and has achieved this uniquely.
He ended up printing photocopies of the original eyes onto printable water resistant adhesive backed textile sheets that fit into a standard printer, the result was excellent.
He has offered this service to UK forum members, I would imagine he'd offer the same here.
As the TB lips usually only last a couple years if kissed well and regular, some members have made plaster moulds of the latex lips and produced silicon replacements with shop bought silicon, as it is softer and more resilient.

Pete.

INFORMATIONS