teddy-babes.com

TBD Doll vs. TPE Torso

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Re: TBD Doll vs. TPE Torso

Post by Juncharted2 »

:haha4: Call her a beanie babe
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

There is a simple remedy for TB vag positioning.
I moved Tilly's vag about half the length of the opening, toward the rear.
It doesn't sound like much, but it's nothing short of a game changer.

Pete.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

digitalcavebear wrote:No wonder she's so heavy, she's 50% tits. :mrgreen:

The more I consider my options, I'm glad my Teddy-Babe is light for the sake of moving her around and getting her dressed. But sometimes I think I would like her to have a little more weight from a resistance perspective because sometimes she's too easy to move. It can be difficult to snuggle with her because she doesn't have the weight to hold her ground.
I'd say: Look around in craft stores, there's other, heavier stuff to fill plushies with. I don't know what it is, but I still have a childhood plush pet or two that are a little heavier. No idea if it's really beans either. Just my idea.
Also don't overdo. I'd suggest to add some to the torso only, if you exchange the whole polyfil, she's gonna be just as heavy as a solid doll, and no longer any soft and cuddly!
SuperNothing wrote:I hear ya'. Feeling that heavy, bouncy titty-weight is absolutely scrumptious.

As for the cuddle factor, you made me realize that I too would enjoy more of a feeling of being cuddled in return by a TBD. Imagine a doll that, when you gave her a squeeze, her arms would pull you in slightly, hugging you back. I'll bet this could be accomplished without complicated electronics. Just a sealed air bladder inside the upper torso connected by air tubes to pneumatic servos in the elbows. There would be some exposed servo steel at the elbow joint that I wouldn't know how to avoid.
A semi elastic pneumatic actuator should do the job: imagine an easily expandable tube that has a piece of non expanding string molded in on one side: This side stays as it is, the other side expands -> voilá your bending movement, all steel free. With the right materials (hose/tube, string, and some kind of glue that stays completely flexible) that should be doable.
Another option I could imagine is creating a fake muscle. Some interwoven fabric hoses from non elastic materials retract in length when expanded in diameter. But I'm not sure if that makes it any easier.

Just my 0,02€. CU, cuddly

SuperNothing

Post by SuperNothing »

cuddly wrote: A semi elastic pneumatic actuator should do the job: imagine an easily expandable tube that has a piece of non expanding string molded in on one side: This side stays as it is, the other side expands -> voilá your bending movement, all steel free. With the right materials (hose/tube, string, and some kind of glue that stays completely flexible) that should be doable.
Another option I could imagine is creating a fake muscle. Some interwoven fabric hoses from non elastic materials retract in length when expanded in diameter. But I'm not sure if that makes it any easier.

Just my 0,02€. CU, cuddly
I like the way you think. Do you have any similar projects you've worked on posted somewhere that I could check out?
Make your woman as real as you can... just don't get a real woman.

digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by digitalcavebear »

Surgical rubber tubing or resistance bands are cheap and probably easy to rig if your froggy.
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

SuperNothing

Post by SuperNothing »

digitalcavebear wrote:Surgical rubber tubing or resistance bands are cheap and probably easy to rig if your froggy.
Froggy. What a cool word!
Make your woman as real as you can... just don't get a real woman.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

SuperNothing wrote:I like the way you think. Do you have any similar projects you've worked on posted somewhere that I could check out?
Thanks, but I don't. Like in so many ways, it's all inside my head :whistle:
But this would not be the first time I set something off by giving the initial thought. It happens occasionally to me, which is a shame, because I never manage to finish stuff myself, but more or less practical ideas pop up in my head just like that. The thoughts I wrote above came to me mostly while I was already writing...

Now you develop that into something, pls 8)

CU c+L

INFORMATIONS