teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Standard still around?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Bear Buns
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Teddy Babe Standard still around?

Post by Bear Buns »

It's been a while since I've looked into Teddy Babes and looking on the website, I'm only seeing Diana available in the standard size on the order page, but no other information on standard size dolls anywhere else on the site. I take it this means this size has, for the most part, been discontinued?

All that said, I'm QUITE content getting a Diana, she's even the one I'd probably lean toward, but since she's the only one listed, does that mean once they sell out, that's it?

Just curious :)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Teddy Babe Standard still around?

Post by Mr Franz »

Yup. That's the impression I got when I was in contact with them a few weeks ago about doing a deluxe version of Diana. Wouldn't even entertain the thought. :(

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I didn't even know that Diana was still available. I thought she had been discontinued along with the other standard models. :o
While they are supposed to bring the standard Babes back later this year; I'm having doubts that we will ever see them again. I can't see any logical reason that they would stop producing them and then resume production unless they wanted to make some changes.
But I haven't heard anything at all about any new standard Babes being developed.
So not a good sign. :(
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, you have to go all the way out to the order page before you see the "Diana" doll offered. She's no longer included on any of the main pages. So I suppose it's just left over stock. Sad that flesh tone is not offered in a deluxe.....

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Mr Franz wrote:Yeah, you have to go all the way out to the order page before you see the "Diana" doll offered. She's no longer included on any of the main pages. So I suppose it's just left over stock. Sad that flesh tone is not offered in a deluxe.....
As said before, I totally agree, very sad.
And not to make light of it or add any pun intended, but isn't that a bit weird in a way that all the models are white, and the darker "one" has to sit in the back of the bus(so to speak)?

I didn't want to say "racist" Because I don't feel they are, but a little discriminatory.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Somebody had to say it, I know I've thought it for years...

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Maybe I'm looking way too far into it...I don't know

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Bear Buns
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bear Buns »

Juncharted2 wrote:Maybe I'm looking way too far into it...I don't know
Well, I've never really thought into it too much, but you're right. Darker skinned dolls are a lot less common, and frankly, seem less desired than lighter skinned dolls. In fact, I ordered a doll from another manufacturer in the darkest skin tone they offered, and they actually emailed me back to make sure that was really the skin tone I wanted :roll: I guess it's just people's preference, but to me, light skin is... well, boring. I'm sure it's obvious, looking at my avatar, that I prefer darker skin, but yeah, just my two cents.

At the end of the day, if someone's buying a doll to match their preferences, I would NEVER question what they're into, but it's always seemed a little odd to me that the darker tones are so much less popular.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Well in the case of the Teddybabes, one would think out of the numerous characters they offer, some of them would vary in skin tone. That's how I woulda done it but who knows.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

It would give them a more collectable value in my opinion...

@samteddybabe /Instagram

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

teddy babes are one color for a reason "COST" it is cheaper to have all bodies one color that way you can mass produce them. diana started as a one off that was hand dyed by them and it was costly to do(special very toxic dyes and all) the darler skinned diana was a custom order fabric and was a lot more expensive so they only did a limited run of them. all this is from what i have heard midiman and others talk about in regaurds to the making of the dolls. they could custom make them but the cost would probably be double or triple what they are now and it would take a lot longer to make them

carlys_guy

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

It's always about cost, but surely they could purchase the fabric in bulk already dyed.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Mr Franz wrote:It's always about cost, but surely they could purchase the fabric in bulk already dyed.
I agree, there is Always room for change, especially if it benefits your company. That's what I always say, things can always get better.

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Either they are going to do it or someone else is eventually going to come along and suit that niche part of the market. ..personally I hope EW upgrades as time allows for it..

@samteddybabe /Instagram

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

they can't be making too much profit on the dolls since the price is almost half what it was 4 years ago. when i was looking for a doll in 2014 the deluxe was $1200 about a $1000 on sale the standard was 800-900 about 750 on sale now the deluxe is less than 800. can.t make improvements if you keep cutting the price. if you were around when they came out with the darker skinned diana you would know they said the darker fabric was much more expensive and would make a limited run if a certain number of people wanted them. they made the limited run and the ones for sale now are the left overs. 8w has been haveing money trouble for years it's why they put midiman out of business they said they were losing to many sales to him.

carlys_guy

INFORMATIONS